white house loses to Melrose

kwc

Yea, and I'm sure that Tennessee High won't give up 49...ohh wait...I'm also sure that Tennessee High won't be blanked...ohh wait...

Its Melrose's first time in the state game since well...since I can't remember when and considering I'm too lazy to look it up, I'll just go ahead and make my point...they better not come into the game with their eyes bugged out cause Maryville's been there and its just another game for them.  Sure its the most important one, but they won't be intimidated by the stadium or the lack of fans that Melrose will bring.

825453986[/snapback]

Yes, we know the almighty Maryville team has been there and done that. But don't underestimate the Wildcats from Melrose. They will be ready, not intimidated by the situation like you think. Since you're too lazy to look it up, I did - they actually won in 1996 and '98. And how do you get intimidated by the lack of fans someone doesn't bring? You must not know much of anything about Melrose football - they have some of the truest fans around. Orange Mound will definitely come out and fully support their Golden Wildcats. Be ready for the Maroon and Gold!

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What offense and defense do Melrose run?

825454072[/snapback]

Here's a copy of my earlier post, regarding Melrose... Could you please grade Maryville in a similar way? Thanks.

Melrose plays a wide open, spread offensive scheme-- 4 receivers, 1 RB. Defense = 4-3, I think. Lots of speed and playmakers on both sides of the ball:

OFFENSIVELY: Grade B... Melrose is mistake-prone but, otherwise, difficult to contain. Numerous speedy skill players.....Young QB (Madison) is effective, but not a pure passer; very shifty, unpredictable, dangerous and difficult to sack..... Starting receiver/backup QB (Wilson) reminds me of a young Steve McNair. He's actually the better QB! He prefers to play receiver, ala (relative, former Melrose, current SF 49ers receiver) Cedrick Wilson. Played extremely well last week, filling in for Madison (out with foot ailment). I wondered... Where on earth have they been hiding THIS GUY, all year long!! Man, he was impressive. Crisp passer; mobile... one other prolific reciever, with "mad" skills.... RB Cooper. MR. Football candidate.

DEFENSIVELY: Grade A+.... Very solid. Plays very cohesively. MLB #52 is the leader. They call him "Baby Ray (as in Ray Lewis)." Secondary is good, overall. Has not given up many big plays; closes well on the ball. lots of interceptions....

SPECIAL TEAMS: Grade B+..... Playmakers galore. Routinely makes silly, unecessary, behind-the-play illegal blocks.

KICKING GAME: Grade F.... Horrific!! Appx 40% PAT's... No FG's... Punter erratic.

THE COACH: Grade C+.... Coach is OK. Makes good use of his personnel. OVERALL decision-making/play selection is often unsuitable--not in sync with the ebb & flow of the game.

THIS TEAM vs. LAST 2 YEAR's TEAMS: Grade B+......This year's team in NOT as good as either of its squads, from the last 2 years! Defense is better than BOTH of 2 previous squads! Offense is not as explosive; it's erratic & mistake-prone. Starting QB not as efficient.

I hope this helps give you a better idea about the Melrose Golden Wildcats.

All right...in 98 when they were 3A was the last time they won it all, thanks...that further proves my point. The last time they went was 6 years ago. Not many of the seniors will remember that. Remember that Maryville has been there every year but TWO since 1998. Thats right, in 98 they got a silver ball, in 99 they didn't make it, 2000-2002 they earned three gold balls, and this year they just might go out and grab another gold ball for their trophy case. I guarantee you that 98 percent of the kids on the Maryville team have been to Murfreesboro either watching the team or playing on the team and everyone of them wanted this chance. How long have they been waiting for it? Since middle school atleast. They have a passion for this that not many other schools have. Melrose won't have the depth or discipline to run with Maryville. Atleast thats my opinion, we'll see come Saturday.

Trader B, thank you for that report, that further solidifies my opinion that Melrose has no discipline and therefore will be outcoached and outplayed by a good, usually mistake free Maryville squad. If Maryville jumps out to an early lead 14 points or more by halftime then I think that Melrose will lay down and die...most every other team has and will.

I going with Melrose to win this game. Yeah Maryville is good but I like to pull for the underdog according to every Maryville fan here. Yeah im from East Tenn but some Maryville fans are too cocky and it gets annoying. Maryville is good but not invinsible.

825454141[/snapback]

it tends to happen when you've lost less than what? 3 games in 4 or 5 years? MHS is the Larry Hagman of Tn football teams and that is just fine. There is only one more spot on the little white board next to the scoreboard and hopefully we will be ordering a new one after this season thumb Just keep in mind that it isn't bragging if you back it up.

Seriously, Melrose could give us a run for our money due to the type of offense they run (we have more problems with wide open attacks).

Somebody please tell what all happened in the game.  Thanks.

825454095[/snapback]

The game started out as if it would be a high scoring affair with both teams scorinng touchdowns early and the score tied at 7. Melrose then scored twice and the halftime score was Melrose 20 White House 7.

White House drove deep into Melrose territory in the 3rd quarter but turned the ball over on downs.

White House scored a TD about half way into the 4th quarter and made the conversion to cut the lead to 20 - 14. Melrose took the kickoff and ran the clock out to seal the 20 14 victory.

Runing Back Cooper for Melrose had a big game.

I hope this helps.

---OrangeMoundWest

The game started out as if it would be a high scoring affair with both teams scorinng touchdowns early and the score tied at 7.  Melrose then scored twice and the halftime score was Melrose 20 White House 7.

White House drove deep into Melrose territory in the 3rd quarter but turned the ball over on downs.

White House scored a TD about half way into the 4th quarter and made the conversion to cut the lead to 20 - 14.  Melrose took the kickoff and ran the clock out to seal the 20 14 victory.

Runing Back Cooper for Melrose had a big game.

I hope this helps.

---OrangeMoundWest

825454200[/snapback]

Thanks