tngator

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no question that Maryville will be better coached and better prepared. But Melrose has some big time studs. If Maryville can get up early and get the Melrose players mad at each other, they can win. Otherwise it will be very tough. Good luck to both teams.

Also, could someone tell me a little bit about Melrose? What offense and defense do they run? Thanks.

If Maryville comes out to play like they did tonight, maryville by 21, but if they come out flat, I would say Maryville in OT. I don't care how big and how fast melrose supposedly is, maryville has the best discipline and best coaches in the state, and a little more tallent doesnt make up for a great gameplan, which we all know by now GQ and Co. does every week. Maryville is real loaded this year, tons of depth, what about melrose? fatigue going to be a factor in this game? And do they have a big O-line or a fast O-line?

Edited by theinfamous04

There is no question that Maryville will be better coached and better prepared.  But Melrose has some big time studs.  If Maryville can get up early and get the Melrose players mad at each other, they can win.  Otherwise it will be very tough.  Good luck to both teams.

Also, could someone tell me a little bit about Melrose?  What offense and defense do they run?  Thanks.

825453957[/snapback]

You know very little about Melrose, the players or coaches, and yet you know they won't be as prepared or well-coached as Maryville? Come on. And get them mad at each other? Coach Ingram and his staff will be definitely get his team ready for next Saturday's match-up. They have been pushing to get through the semifinal hurdle of Hillsboro the past two years and have finally done it. It should be a very good game, one I've been waiting for years to happen.

You know very little about Melrose, the players or coaches, and yet you know they won't be as prepared or well-coached as Maryville?  Come on.  And get them mad at each other?  Coach Ingram and his staff will be definitely get his team ready for next Saturday's match-up.  They have been pushing to get through the semifinal hurdle of Hillsboro the past two years and have finally done it.  It should be a very good game, one I've been waiting for years to happen.

825454014[/snapback]

I have seen Melrose play each of the last three seasons. They always have the best talent in the state. If Melrose had the support and coaching staff Maryville does, they would be preparing to defend their 4th straight title. It will be a great game. Remember that Hillsboro had better athletes both games against Maryville and still lost twice.

Well, I guess this is it. Maryville and Melrose. I don't predict scores ... but I have a few things to say.

Seems to me that Maryville did not have a game against THS. 49-0! Are you kidding me? Someone tell me this is a joke! A semifinal game? You lose by 49 and don't score! OUCH! ... Double OUCH!!!

I think the state championship game will be a different contest. I know that SOME Maryville fans think that Melrose's defense is all hype and that Melrose's schedule is lacking. Then, according to some of the Maryville faithful ... Maryville has a gigantic advantage in the discipline, game planning, and overall coaching department. Then there is the Maryville tradition ... you know ... the whole Maryville has won this thing ... what is it ... 6 out of 8 times or something like that? Then there is the 'Melrose is just a team full of athletes, but that's all' philosophy that I have read. Oh ... there is the ... Melrose has speed ... but speed does you no good if there is no where to run addage I've read in a few threads. According to a lot of Maryville supporters ... It's just a forgone conclusion that Maryville wins it all on Saturday. I've read so much talk about the Maryville dynasty ... one doesn't know how to digest all of it's majesty. The all mighty Maryville Rebels ... all others quake in their presence.

One thing though ... Melrose isn't a quaking type team. They have the best defense in the state of Tennessee ... regardless of classification ... bar none. Maryville touts a Mr. Football finalist in your QB. Melrose touts two Mr. football finalist in the RB ... Mr. Cooper, and the MLB ... better known as 'Baby Ray' (Ray Lewis). Folks ... this will be a game ... don't kid yourselves ... Melrose means to win it all ... not just show up. They are fully aware of your history and how you defeated the Hillsboro team that was their nemnesis. This is going to be a great game and Melrose isn't comming there ... just to say they got there ... they are comming to win the championship ... nothing else. This will be a battle of wills. The Melrose players want to win this just as much ... if not more ... then the Maryville players.

Maryville fans, if you don't get anything else ... get this ... The game will not be a scoring fest by Maryville. There are some of you out there who will read this and take it as smack talk ... it isn't ... but if you need to view it as such to fire you up ... so be it. Melrose isn't going to give up many TD's. Period. Melrose's defense IS that good! Melrose's offense is going to score on the Maryville defense. This will be a very, very good game.

The exciting thing is ... this is a young Melrose team ... comprised of a lot of sophmores and juniors.