Franklin vs Riverdale

FHSrebel27

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

sorry i have to break rank, but i gotta go with the boys from franktown. my reasoning, why its simple, there is a DC over in franktown that you fella may have heard of, especially you riverdale folks. a gentlemen by the name of mr. donnie webb, which was victorious the last time he faced riverdale in 1998 a 26-7 win over then defending state champion riverdale which propelled oakland to a state championship of their own. GO COACH WEBB!@!!!!!!!!

Yes... what a great addition he has been for the Rebels! Look... what the Rebels did tonight in Germantown apparently was pretty special. As BDD said to me, "we stuffed it to 'em and made them like it." Heard from a Memphis guy that Germantown had ALL 11 in the box and yet Franklin still gave it to 'em. I can't say that Riverdale hasn't faced a team like us yet... I'm not up to date with all the teams on RHS' schedule. I will say though that Riverdale will not roll over us like all of you are saying (or a good majority of you are saying). Franklin's defense will keep Riverdale in check... the question will be how the Franklin offense does. Ah, well, we have all week to discuss this.

GO REBELS!

The real state championship was tonight. Besides obviously Riverdale, Oak Ridge, Cookville, Lebanon, Dobyns Bennett, and Smyrna could have won the west half of the bracket. Thats 5 other teams that are better than the semi finalist from that half. Riverdale played the second best team in the state tonight and won 42-28. Franklin will have some success passing, but the last team that had success passing on Riverdale lost 48-28. I predict Riverdale will win by at least 3 TDs.

Guest Oakland
The real state championship was tonight. Besides obviously Riverdale, Oak Ridge, Cookville, Lebanon, Dobyns Bennett, and Smyrna could have won the west half of the bracket. Thats 5 other teams that are better than the semi finalist from that half. Riverdale played the second best team in the state tonight and won 42-28. Franklin will have some success passing, but the last team that had success passing on Riverdale lost 48-28. I predict Riverdale will win by at least 3 TDs.

825454547[/snapback]

on paper, franklin doesnt stand a chance. but then again thats what everybody said when ohio st faced miami too :P franklin doesnt win pretty but they have taken on the old al davis mantra"JUST WIN BABY!"

No, my friend. There were no trophies handed out tonight. Oak Ridge didn't walk away with the Silver Ball. Reality is the state championship features Franklin and Riverdale. One of them will lose and they will be the second best team in the state... not Oak Ridge, nor any of those other five schools you mentioned. They are all gone. Only two remain. Sorry.

This game will be a good game. I still think Oak Ridge is the second best team in state and they would have won the west part of the bracket easy. But anyway, Franklin is a good team. They win ugly, and had not scored a lot of points the last few weeks until tonight. I seen them play Antioch and honestly was not impressed with their offense at all. I have seen Riverdale several times and they are mammoth. The defense is incredible and proved it tonight by stopping OR. I was very impressed by the Rebels defense even though Coker had 188, but after all he is the #2 running back in the country. No offense to Franklin people because I really do like Franklin, but they dont match up well with Riverdale. Riverdale will win this one easier that most people think.

Riverdale-35

Franklin-7

Finally, a voice of reason on this thread in tomtresh!  thumb

825454307[/snapback]

Mikrut better be able to take the snap, raise up, and fling it quick because that's about all of the time he's going to get if he stands in the pocket. Oak Ridge did a good job rolling out in the first half, but that left the QB having to throw back across his body while avoiding the pursuit. Oak Ridge's best success lat night cam from running the ball straight at the Riverdale defense and hitting the short, quick, passes. "Franktown" has the talent to do the same thing, but I am not sure if they have the depth to keep fresh players in the game for 48 minutes. Good luck to both teams, you've made middle Tennessee proud.

After watching both teams in the regular season Riverdale clearly dominated us (Lincoln County). However, it is the state championship and anything goes. I think Riverdale has too many key players for them not to win this championship. I will be rooting for Franklin but in reality Riverdale should win because they are clearly the best team I have seen in years.