Maryville vs Melrose

REBELRON

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone feels the need to ponder Melrose's team-class, don't sweat it. I was around in 97 and saw friday night's game; this is a different Melrose team! Melrose's players were disciplined and ready for White House.

In contrast to past teams, Melrose spent most of the evening in slot I or tight I. Their linemen did NOT lean. Melrose got off the ball a blocked all night. In my opinion those gifted athletes are most dangerous when Melrose lines down and plays football, rather than spreading with 5 wides and scramble plays.

Before friday night, I would not have supposed that Melrose could stick with the conditioned, and disciplined Maryville squad, as I am familiar with the Rebels as well. Though I have not seen Maryville this year, do not expect to out class the Wildcats.

Maryville by a field goal; Team that tackles wins.

hey moyers how many maryville fans do u think we could get at neyland if it was ever there???  cause 2 years ago against hillsboro we had a ton of people jw what ur guess would be if it were closer at neyland

825459634[/snapback]

I think we could get between 6 and 10,000 fans there. If you count fans that aren't ours that would root for us, I'd say 20,000...easily. If it were at Neyland, I might buy 1000 tickets hahaha :P

I agree FBE.  The games should be played at the colleges with grass.  The venues could roate every year, for fairness sake.  So, for instance, one year the game is played at UT and the next maybe at memphis or vandy.  Does memphis have turf?  If they do, stirke that.  You get my point though...

825459433[/snapback]

there are not to many universities that will allow five games to be played on their natural grass fields. that was why it was moved from vandy.

i could have sworn i put a post on here last night about how coacht is on a thread shut-down rampage, but i guess i didnt..or maybe somebody deleted it...but ill say it again...holy crap coacht is on a thread shutdown rampage!!!...this is madness!!!!..but anywayss, ill say what i've been sayin....no one can hold Melrose's athletes...someone made a really good post earlier(on another thread) about the linemen and how they had no trouble with some of the nations biggest prospects in East's Dan Williams and Malcolm Rawls...and also Briarcrests Micheal Oher...these are kids that are being recruited by D-1 schools like crazy and Melrose took them down....I dont think either that maryville has seen team speed like Melrose ever..they have to be if not the fastest, one of the fastest teams in the state...Melrose that is....im looking forward to seeing the Wildcats elated with celebration after the time runs out Saturday afternoon and they are state champs.....GO WILDCATS!!

825459644[/snapback]

Man, you're not kidding!! I have pretty good relationships with the day mods, but I have no idea what's goin on. Most of the timeI can talk sense to them. Instead of sanctioning the troublemakers (which I am one of occassionally), their just shutting the htread down and punishing everyone.

It feels to me as if they had a meeting and decided that the Maryville threads have gotten out of hand, so their gonna call any and all 15 yard penalties...whether their real or not. What gives guys??

More to the point rebel78, Vandy wasn't making enuff $$ off it.

Edited by dmoyers1

hey acmoney.......gerald riggs rolled up to maryville a couple of seasons ago and got shut down big time......now im pretty sure that you all dont have anyone like riggs down there.....and we got people just as good as the ones that were shutting him down so make sure u dont forget that.......speed isnt gonna mean anything our ends are gonna force you all to run it up the middle........those little pitches and sweeps are not gonna be allowed (there wont be any 7 or 8 yds per carry on saturday from Melrose) and when our defense forces you up the middle i dont care how fast you are those boys up front are gonna bring you down

there are not to many universities that will allow five games to be played on their natural grass fields.  that was why it was moved from vandy.

825459651[/snapback]

Me knows this! Been there! What I was saying was move the games to various sites, not all played in one place. Why should murfboro's hotels and eating places make all the cash? I mean what do they give the schools in return for having the games. ZERO! MTSU is a great site, except for the turf but where does all this money go? The T$$AA sells the rights to put the games on the air, internet and gets a big cut of the gate and hotdogs. And they have a link that gets the rights to take pictures and for a not cheap price you can buy a picture of YOUR KID! Why should they make a profit on a picture of my kid? What do the schools get in return? A trophy. The kids don't even get a cheap shirt or patch for even being there. I'm thinking that some of this cash should go to the schools. Who pays for the state rings? Parents, Supporters, boosters and other donors. Why doesn’t the T$$AA pay for them. Heck I tried to by my fourth Maryville program of the year during the play-offs and was told by a seller they were not allowed to sell home team programs, just the T$$AA play-off program was available at $3.00. I asked how much the school got for selling them and the answer was ZERO! Man I could go on but I'm tired and I better watch out of the T$$AA might have me snuffed out.

And by the way it is a load of crap that fans can't go on to the field to congradulate or consol their teams kids after a game. That is a load of you know what in my view.

Edited by FBEmeritus

You must not know who George Quarles is. He is the brainchild of the Maryville dynasty. Every time a big time player rolls into a game with MHS, they get shut down. He may be an incredible athlete and it sounds like he is. But, Quarles knows how to deal with those guys and he will.

but see the thing you guys dont understand is that Melrose has several BIG play makers and they can beat you many different ways...

speed isnt gonna mean anything our ends are gonna force you all to run it up the middle

Speed isnt gonna mean anything?!?!??....what!...dude you are crazy, how can speed not mean anything..speed is whats gonna burn maryville on Saturday...speed is how Graig Cooper is gonna have over 200 yards on Saturday...and when Cooper runs up the middle, he's gonna be runnin over folks...you'll see....GO WILDCATS!!...

PS. Some of you moderators need to quit deleting my posts...i mean i wanna talk about this game...there are other ppl talkin just as much trash...dont get on a power trip................please thumb