Maryville vs Melrose

REBELRON

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but see the thing you guys dont understand is that Melrose has several BIG play makers and they can beat you many different ways...

Speed isnt gonna mean anything?!?!??....what!...dude you are crazy, how can speed not mean anything..speed is whats gonna burn maryville on Saturday...speed is how Graig Cooper is gonna have over 200 yards on Saturday...and when Cooper runs up the middle, he's gonna be runnin over folks...you'll see....GO WILDCATS!!...

PS. Some of you moderators need to quit deleting my posts...i mean i wanna talk about this game...there are other ppl talkin just as much trash...dont get on a power trip................please thumb

825459891[/snapback]

Man I wish I could sit right next to you when your boy only gets 80 yards and no td's...

Heck man, everyone in Hillsboro's backfiled was a QB...we somehow figured that mess out.  It'll come down to discipline again.  That's what got Hillsboro beat twice.  That's what we have over all West teams.

I'm hearin some stories on how classless some of Melrose's fans acted Friday nite.  We'll see if that's true for the team too. :D

825457877[/snapback]

you heard a lie!Don't believe everything you hear.I think you think we are clasless because we are from the inner-city,but you are wrong!Coach Ingram and his players are a "class act"win or loose!Coach Ingram not responsible for the fans,but for the 65 players on his team!

Thanks and that was my point.  Now don't take this wrong, I am just discussing football in general.  If I were Coach Ingram I would perhaps look at the possibility of changing up with my QB's.  If Mansion is quick on his feet then he could help as a wr and stay in the game.  And because of the team game concept and winning is more important than Wilson's personnel wants.  You said "Yet, he prefers...rather, he INSISTS on remaining @ receiver....", Well I am sure Coach Ingram could ask/tell the kid it’s for team.  Just discussing football here to beat a balanced team like Maryville a coach is going to have to think outside his box and if a team gets one dimensional, pass or run, Maryville will kill'em due the adjustments Maryville can and does make.

Naturally as a parent, supporter and student of the sport, I am for Maryville in this game.  I think it will be a good one and one's heart and blood pressure should be checked prior to getting into the stadium!  I hope no one gets hurt or burned on that turf.  I hate the stuff.  Sure increases the speed of the game but the kids are not used to it and could be badly injured on it.  I really wish they would play these games at places like UT, Vandy and UT Chatt if they have real grass.  The T$$AA is only concerned about not having to worry about weather and makes big money on the events.

825459420[/snapback]

No offense taken, FBE. I respect your position.

The team should always come first, I agree. In this case, though, I really think the TEAM's best interests are STILL being served, regardless of who's the QB. Everybody's happy. I'll explain, in a minute...

First let me state clearly...Melrose is NOT a one dimensional offensive team. They run or pass with EQUAL proficiency. Basically, they seem to take advantage of what the defense gives them.

As for the QB situation....There could be, in this case, mitigating circumstances that led to coach Ingram's ultimate decision to leave Madison @ QB. I honestly do not know. Here's my speculative "take:" You have 3 key positions of which to consider placing Madison (RB, WR & QB). First, Madison is a definite playmaker. He needs to be on the field as much as possible. He is an effective QB, lightning quick but may not have good "hands" enough to play WR. Cooper is an Outstanding RB, period. You can't move him--no way. WR Wilson is the "wildcard..." he can BOTH catch and pass very well.

So, given all this ...what's a coach to do?

My GUESS is that coach Ingram decided that while Madison may not be as pure a passer as Wilson, he DOES have skill as a passer. Let me repeat, just to be clear--Madison is no slouch. He is an effective passer! Couple this with his raw speed and cat-like quickness...he's downright DANGEROUS! Leaving him @ QB (vs Wilson) has NOT hurt the team. He's proven that he can get the job done, and then some...Melrose's 14-0 record would appear to vindicate the coach's decision, in this case.

In conclusion, FBEmeritus, I truly believe that Melrose's QB situation is a bit of an abberation, @ the high school level. Sure, I'm still convinced that Melrose's offense would be more potent offensively with Wilson @ QB. I just wanted to illustrate why it was probably was a non-issue for coach Ingram... At the end of the day, though, Melrose's TEAM can WIN with either Madison OR Wilson as QB, obviously. Coach Ingram knows this. He knows his personnel. Given all this, I really don't think that the all important "team-first" concept has been undermined.

--TraderB

you heard a lie!Don't believe everything you hear.I think you think we are clasless because we are from the inner-city,but you are wrong!Coach Ingram and his players are a "class act"win or loose!Coach Ingram not responsible for the fans,but for the 65 players on his team!

825459961[/snapback]

We should probably be careful to stick to football talk here since we've already gotten several threads shut down. I think the notion that Melrose fans were classless was actually posted by a fan not affiliated with Maryville in any way. We've never seen your fans, so we cannot really comment on them.

825459961[/snapback]

While Melrose had a few "exuberant" fans, their athletes showed nothing less than class. After our (WH) game with Melrose, there was no way to shake their hands, 'cause the field was overrun with happy fans, but my understanding is the players came to OUR BUSSES and shook hands. Couple of players have conveyed this to me. That is a sign of a respectful and well disciplined team. Couldn't say that about previous Melrose teams and I'm not sure there are many teams in Tennessee that would show this type of respect.

While Melrose had a few "exuberant" fans, their athletes showed nothing less than class. After our (WH) game with Melrose, there was no way to shake their hands, 'cause the field was overrun with happy fans, but my understanding is the players came to OUR BUSSES and shook hands. Couple of players have conveyed this to me. That is a sign of a respectful and well disciplined team. Couldn't say that about previous Melrose teams and I'm not sure there are many teams in Tennessee that would show this type of respect.

825460010[/snapback]

This from the person who was calling maryville fans redenecks and hillbillys in a previous thread today....not sure you're real credible.

This from the person who was calling maryville fans redenecks and hillbillys in a previous thread today....not sure you're real credible.

825460024[/snapback]

Well, where does that leave almost every Maryville fans credibility that proclaimed to be the best team in the state with no proof? At least I have the proof. Just ask Moyers. He said he was a proud hillibilly redneck.

If you're gonna talk trash, at least have some ammo. Weak, real weak.

There was an article in the memphis paper today from the coach of Hazelwood Central in MO talking about how classy Coach Ingram and the players were...the coach even wrote a letter (after his team lost) thanking them for playing Hazelwood. You can find this article at gomemphis.com, It also talks about Ingram perhaps moving to the college ranks...it seems like Melrose must have a pretty good coach to go 37-3 in the last 3 years and have a coach who is on the cusp of moving to the college ranks.

825460024[/snapback]

Thats kinda hard to believe from a man with a good bible quote on his signature. Hypocrite possibly?? Anyway we arent saying the team is classless, but from what I've read the Melrose fans can be pretty unruly and disrespectful. Lets hope we dont see that this Saturday.

but see the thing you guys dont understand is that Melrose has several BIG play makers and they can beat you many different ways...

Speed isnt gonna mean anything?!?!??....what!...dude you are crazy, how can speed not mean anything..speed is whats gonna burn maryville on Saturday...speed is how Graig Cooper is gonna have over 200 yards on Saturday...and when Cooper runs up the middle, he's gonna be runnin over folks...you'll see....GO WILDCATS!!...

PS. Some of you moderators need to quit deleting my posts...i mean i wanna talk about this game...there are other ppl talkin just as much trash...dont get on a power trip................please thumb

825459891[/snapback]

I dont believe Maryville has given up 200 yds rushing to anyone this season. I didnt look it up, but I'm pretty confident in what I write. You might come back at me with well, who has Maryville played that could possibly have gained 200 yds. Then I say...

1. Dustin Lindsey- Maryville held him to just 80 yds...I remind you this is a guy that just ran 200 yds in the semis in 2A and is about to break the state TD record.

2. David Gaston- Runningback from Central. He has great speed and is a tremendous athlete.