Clausen and Riggs to Soddy Daisy

Marlboro32

I'm sure he is a good coach, and what team in the state can't say, "well be real good if we have a good quarterback and rb", like half of them? there is a difference between having tallent and not living up to potential, and not having the tallent and overachieving. Look at some of the consistant winning teams around the state for the past 5 years. They all have tallent but they over achieve. And if Weathers is such a good coach, with mr. riggs 3 years ago, how come they got shut down a year after winning the 5A state title, moved down to a smaller classification, by a maryville defensive team with no D-I prospects to my knowledge? sounds like all he can do is waste tallent, not develop it.

825469521[/snapback]

You're an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to disrespect him, i'm just giving an honest opinion based on my limited knowledge. I do know a lot about high school football in tennessee in general, not particularly coaches as I do schools, and I don't see why anyone, good coach or not, family friend or not, would leave nation powerhouse schools to come and play for a school in tennessee that will probably finish 4th at best in their own region. It's just not logicial for 2 kids who will probably be in the top 5 players in their recruiting class to do something like that.

825469543[/snapback]

Limited is right if not zero knowledge!!!!!

Not sure about the Riggs rumor, but the Clausen kid to Maryville has been rumored for over a year now. At least two Maryville people (at the championship Saturday) said they heard as recently as two weeks ago that Clausen would be wearing Red and Black next season. However, with a young freshman QB (Burnette)waiting in the wings as heir apparent to Cade Thompson, I don't know how Clausen would fit with the situation at Maryville.

Must the ante be upped? :(

possum, there was an article in the tennessean(or maybe the KNS) that said Spurrier called Crompton, and he told Steve he wasn't interested and he was going to UT.

BTW, the rumor out of Knoxville is Schaffer is transfering to UCF or USF.

825469693[/snapback]

If they let Scheafer leave it will be a huge mistake. He is the type of QB you need to win in college. Reminds me alot of Tee Martin and we all know what he did in one season at QB. Ainke is getting special treatment from everyone and I don't think it is fair. If he does leave I hope he has a great career and shows UT what they are missing out on. Man I hope we don't have another Clausen at QB, that family has inherited zero speed, they can not make plays out of the pocket very often something you have to do in the college game today.

I'm glad y'all have said repeatedly that it's just a rumor, cause there ain't NO WAY Clausen leaves California and a possible national title in high school for po dunk Soddy Daisy, middle of nowhere USA. Be realisitc people.

I don't have much on Riggs, except that he'll be ok as long as he doesn't have to play Maryville's defense, like big brother did. thumb

However, with a young freshman QB (Burnette)waiting in the wings as heir apparent to Cade Thompson, I don't know how Clausen would fit with the situation at Maryville.

Must the ante be upped? :(

Are you sure about that? Burnett has to beat out the two future JRs. and he better watch out for Johnny Wiggins. Wiggins has finally grown and holds the title of being one of the better QBs. to go through the Maryville youth leagues.

From my observations....watching Burnett play as a Freshman, he has a long way to go.

You're an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825470082[/snapback]

They had 1-A talent like Marty Lowe (from Mississippi, signed w/Louisville), Victor Ellis (from Millington, signed w/Alabama), players actually from the county that signed 1-A like John Becksvoort, Jason Tucker, Jeff Stephens (Georgia, but hurt his neck or back unfortunately), a ton of 1-AA signees and Dee Parker who could have played in the NFL in my opinion but made a very bad choice...and still it took a national high school player of the year type athlete to get Weathers past the second round, from 1979 until 2000. Those are facts, if you have anything to reply with besides "you're an idiot" please do so.

If they let Scheafer leave it will be a huge mistake. He is the type of QB you need to win in college. Reminds me alot of Tee Martin and we all know what he did in one season at QB. Ainke is getting special treatment from everyone and I don't think it is fair. If he does leave I hope he has a great career and shows UT what they are missing out on. Man I hope we don't have another Clausen at QB, that family has inherited zero speed, they can not make plays out of the pocket very often something you have to do in the college game today.

825470395[/snapback]

No it's not. I remember everyone saying the same thing ten years ago when Brandon Stewart transferred and that worked out quite well. Schaefer is not Tee Martin. Tee looked to throw first then run, Schaefer is run then throw. I can't see him working out in Spurrier's system either. I don't see the logic behing him going there of any places.

And I disagree 100% with your statement that you have to have a running QB to win. I wouldn't exactly call either White or Palmer a scrambling QB. And even moreso, I watched Casey scramble around back in the pocket enough to be able to make a play and get the ball out.

As for the Clausen kid, I heard these rumors when I was in Knoxville. Everything I heard has him already coming here if we want him and that is part of the reason Rick is on the roster now. Turns out like it worked out decent. And Maryville fans, if he does move here, he'll be your QB.

Because Soddy is going to be really good next year if they can get a quarterback and a running back. They already have 2 all state caliber recivers, and returning just about the whole line. probly the most important reason is Tom Weathers though.

825469504[/snapback]

Gee, I would think this statement to be classic! "Because Soddy is going to be really good next year if they can get a quarterback and a running back".

So I guess if you don't get these transfers, Soddy will not be that good. Says allot for your confidence for those up and comming underclassman down there.

If by some outside chance these kids did show up at Maryville they would be just be more meat in the soup, becuaes again Maryville proved you don't need big time D1 kids to win a state championship and win every game on the schdule. As far as another Riggs, Maryville also proved they can stop one of those. Go Rebs

I'll go one better ... anyone who reads this crap on this thread and believes it is a bigger idiot than Corso will ever be.

If you want to start an unfounded and untrue rumor, at least get one that's half-way believeable and original.

825469591[/snapback]

Grrrrrrrr.......get'em boy..........get'em!!!!!!!!!