Clausen and Riggs to Soddy Daisy

Marlboro32

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, but why would someone with the prestige of a clausen or riggs want to leave nationally known schools to play for....Soddy Daisy? They arent even a powerhouse in their own county. IF, and I mean IF either or both go to a high school in TN, I would think it would be a maryville, riverdale, hillsboro, melrose type of situation, teams that are well known throughout the state at least. All have good coaching staffs and are proven winners for the last 4+ years,not just one hit wonders. Imagine what quarrles and staff could do with these guys, no one could say they had more tallent and still lost to maryville then.

Just curious, but why would someone with the prestige of a clausen or riggs want to leave nationally known schools to play for....Soddy Daisy? They arent even a powerhouse in their own county. IF, and I mean IF either or both go to a high school in TN, I would think it would be a maryville, riverdale, hillsboro, melrose type of situation, teams that are well known throughout the state at least. All have good coaching staffs and are proven winners for the last 4+ years,not just one hit wonders. Imagine what quarrles and staff could do with these guys, no one could say they had more tallent and still lost to maryville then.

825469478[/snapback]

Because Soddy is going to be really good next year if they can get a quarterback and a running back. They already have 2 all state caliber recivers, and returning just about the whole line. probly the most important reason is Tom Weathers though.

Rumor has it Gerald riggs dad wants his second son to play for Tom Weathers and is concidering moving to Soddy Daisy. Also riggs parents ( supposebly) have been in contact with clausens dad in california about coming. Clausen was concidering playing at maryville but after talking with riggs and finding out about recievers Eric Atchley and Chris Rickets, and 6'6  250 lbs  TE Nick Shadrick, Clausen is concidering coming to Soddy.

But please remember, this is just a rumor.

825469049[/snapback]

I'm really not sure why either would want to make such a move... coach Weathers or not. From what I have been told, SD is losing an awful lot this year, and after next year their well runs dry. I would say that making that kind of move doesn't look like it is in their best interest.

Surely, no recruiting going on here is there?

I'm sure he is a good coach, and what team in the state can't say, "well be real good if we have a good quarterback and rb", like half of them? there is a difference between having tallent and not living up to potential, and not having the tallent and overachieving. Look at some of the consistant winning teams around the state for the past 5 years. They all have tallent but they over achieve. And if Weathers is such a good coach, with mr. riggs 3 years ago, how come they got shut down a year after winning the 5A state title, moved down to a smaller classification, by a maryville defensive team with no D-I prospects to my knowledge? sounds like all he can do is waste tallent, not develop it.

I'm sure he is a good coach, and what team in the state can't say, "well be real good if we have a good quarterback and rb", like half of them? there is a difference between having tallent and not living up to potential, and not having the tallent and overachieving. Look at some of the consistant winning teams around the state for the past 5 years. They all have tallent but they over achieve. And if Weathers is such a good coach, with mr. riggs 3 years ago, how come they got shut down a year after winning the 5A state title, moved down to a smaller classification, by a maryville defensive team with no D-I prospects to my knowledge? sounds like all he can do is waste tallent, not develop it.

825469521[/snapback]

I think this is not an accurate picture of a guy who is a legend in Chattanooga. He is a very good coach, and I don't think a lot of trash talk can take away from that. And by the way I am neither an alumni of Red Bank or Soddy, so I am not just talking up my school. I just think that we all should recognize the success of a coach like Weathers.

JIMMY CLAUSEN

OAKS CHRISTIAN SCHOOL LIONS

Position: QB

Class: Sophomore

Jersey: 7

Height: 6' 3'' Weight: 184

2004-2005 PLAYER STATISTICS

RUSHING Yds: 145 Att: 44 TDs: 2

PASSING Yds: 3438 Comp: 205 Att: 300 Ints: 6 TDs: 55

GAMES PLAYED

Rush Pass

9/10 MUIR W 35-14 -25 280