McCallie Vs. Baylor

ghetto meadow

olahtoo3.....Hussein lost to Cody Black from Collins Hill on Friday in a close match 10 - 7.  Black was the Georgia 5A state runner up last year and finished the Cleveland Duals with 3 pins (Grissom, Christian Brothers, Cleveland) and received a forfeit. 

In my opinion Hussein is one of the strongest 119s I've seen this year.

825481237[/snapback]

...and he is only going to improve considering that this is his first varsity season and only second year to wrestle. He has more natural ability than anyone I have ever seen. With the strong workout partners that Baylor has in there room for Hussein, his desire to better himself, and his intensity, there are no bounds on how good Hussein can become. Watch out for this kid.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and he is only going to improve considering that this is his first varsity season and only second year to wrestle.  He has more natural ability than anyone I have ever seen.  With the strong workout partners that Baylor has in there room for Hussein, his desire to better himself, and his intensity, there are no bounds on how good Hussein can become.  Watch out for this kid.

825481409[/snapback]

I saw Hussein wrestle Bundy and a Ga 5a champ in NC. He has more talent than any kid I can remember in a long time. By the time he has 1 season behind him he will be hard to beat. I hear that at the time he beat Bundy he only had 2 varsity matches.

just wondering whos gonna win it this year....

baylors got  - 103 , 112 , 125 , 171 , 215 , 275

McCallie's got - 119 , 130 , 135 , 140 , 145 , 152 , 160 , 189

your thoughts ?

825478823[/snapback]

I don't know why you are considering Baylor to be so strong this year. They graduated seven of the original starters (Geismar, Manson, Leen, Doster, Moore, Morgan, Huffstetler); one other is questionable due to injury (Walker) and one other hasn't been in the line-up yet. That's nine out of 14 from last season. They are very young. It's a rebuilding year as best I can figure.

I don't know why you are considering Baylor to be so strong this year.  They graduated seven of the original starters (Geismar, Manson, Leen, Doster, Moore, Morgan, Huffstetler); one other is questionable due to injury (Walker) and one other hasn't been in the line-up yet.  That's nine out of 14 from last season.  They are very young.  It's a rebuilding year as best I can figure.

825484531[/snapback]

ditto! they couldnt even beat Collins Hill.

I don't know why you are considering Baylor to be so strong this year.  They graduated seven of the original starters (Geismar, Manson, Leen, Doster, Moore, Morgan, Huffstetler); one other is questionable due to injury (Walker) and one other hasn't been in the line-up yet.  That's nine out of 14 from last season.  They are very young.  It's a rebuilding year as best I can figure.

825484531[/snapback]

Well, at least they can look forward to next year.

Guest rigger1O1

First of all I know this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, like most of my posts, however it has come to my attention that I have been frequently misspelling the word "collage". I now understand why I have been getting such a hard time. I have now found that is actually spelled with only one L--colage.

Also, in regards to the weight certification problems. I have strong belief that if there were to be a state tournament held for freshmen wrestling in a weight class 10 pounds heavier than what they weigh and have won 50% of their matches...I think I know a couple kids who have a great shot at winning it.

Finally, in regards to the problems I think we are having with mat time, I would like to state that I really dont think it's bad for the wrestlers, mostly just the fact that I like to watch the little kids.