Oliver Springs 64 Oneida 60

Ro8432

Good game last night. It was back and forth pretty much the whole night. OS has sone really good shhoters and #14(can't remember his name) couldn't miss last night. At the end Oneida missed some shots and that hurt them, but this might be the best effort the Indians have showed all year.

Edited by Ro8432

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a really big Oneida fan but I have only managed to go to 2 games this season. I have tried to keep up with all the scores as much as I can. It is really starting to bother me that the boys team is performing as poorly as they are. I have talked to some people about the team and they all tell me the same things. Everyone says we rely on only a couple of players to score and we only have 2 people that play defense(and I was at the Oliver Springs game and 1 of the 2 defenders we have was apparently hurt). When you have as many seniors as Oneida does everyone on the floor has to realize that it is a TEAM game and idividual stats don't mean jack. If this continues, in my opinion, there needs to be a change. Whether it is players or coaching, either way there is to much talent to just let this season go to waste. Just look around you never know what you may find. GOOD LUCK INDIANS AND TURN THIS THING AROUND!!!!!

The problem is that the team doesn't get up for teams that aren't supposed to be any good. Example: Oakdale. Oneida would have 2 or 3 more wins if they would just be excited to play. And against good teams like Cosby Oneida turned it over too much to win. All the Indians need is to get some fire under their butts and play smarter. Hopefully we can get back into a rhythm against Jellico tomorrow.

I am glad someone replied because I have never been on here before and I was hoping for some feedback. I take it that you are a player Ro, and you are right in one thing that you said and that is the Indians do need to get some fire under their tails and come to play every night. But the part about getting up for every game should not even be a thought. You play to win, and you can only win as a team. If you go into any game that you are not prepared for you are only prepared for one thing, and that is to fail. Never think you are better than anyone but never think you aren't better than someone.

I just have a few comments... First, it is not the coaching. I was not impressed with the ability of the Indian players. They had one kid that could really score but they did not defend with any intensity at all. I also thought that OS could have blown this game open early if there was more pressure because the Indians turned it over like crazy and a little pressure just made it worse. Just a few observations from an outsider. This is the only time I have seen them play and maybe my first impression is way off but from what I saw... I would get rid of the players not the coach.

I guess that I need to choose my words better. I did not mean in any way that the Indians need a new coach, I feel that Coach Windle has a good mind and very good potential. What I meant when I said there needs to be a change, is that what the Indians are doing now is obviously not working and maybe just CW's philosophy needs to change. Sorry for the confusion.

There's no need to say anything about the coach or the players. If anybody talks of getting rid of Coach Windle then they're stupid. He might be the best thing to come through this school in a long time. The players will get it together and come to play, they just need to get a good win.