Upcoming Tournaments

FHSrebel27

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Dear Wrestling Coaches,

Hello, my name is Danny Crotts and I hope that this post finds you all doing well and having a wonderful wrestling season. I am the head wrestling coach at North Davidson Senior High in Lexington, North Carolina. We will be hosting two tournaments in December and I am posting this to invite you to attend either/both tournaments. I am sure few are working on their schedule for 2007 already, but I just wanted to give a heads up for the following dates: Saturday December 1st, Friday December 21st and Saturday December 22nd. I am inviting teams from the following states: North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Maryland, Ohio, Oklahoma, Kentucky, New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Maine, Kansas, Minnesota, Massachussetts, Washington, Louisiana, Deleware, Mississippi and Pennsylvania.

The first tournament will be the Black Knight Duals, to be held on Saturday, December 1st, 2007. I am looking for 10 – 12 teams. This was how we did King of the Mat this past year and it went rather smoothly in my opinion. I will have 4 mats going in the main gym; we will split it up into pools and then cross pool to determine place. Morehead won this tournament in 2006. I can guarantee 5 matches per team for the day.

Teams Confirmed as of this post:

1. North Davidson

2. East Davidson

3. Fay. 71st

4. Magna Vista, VA

5. Douglas Byrd

6. St. Clair County, AL

The next tournament will be King Of The Mat to be held on Friday December 21st and Saturday December 22nd of 2007. I would like to get 24 teams, though I will take up to 32 teams. I have 2 gyms to use and will have 5 mats in the main gym and 3 in the auxiliary gym. I have not yet decided if I will use our Cafeteria to host matches or not, I’d like to try to keep us all as close as can be.

Seeding will be based on a 10 match minimum with State placement from the previous year and total matches to help determine winning % ties.

This will not be a double elimination tournament. I would like to place as far back as the number of teams that we have in attendance. I would like to make sure we get all get as much mat time as we can get. No one will go 0-1 or 0-2, or even 0-3. In looking at the brackets to place all the way back, I believe everyone will get at least 5 matches.

The following teams have committed (said that they would attend next year already) as of this email:

1. West Davidson

2. East Davidson

3. Ledford

4. Bandys

5. La Plata, MD

6. Bassett, VA

7. Central Davidson

8. Morehead

9. JM Robinson

10. McMichael

11. Waddell

12. Kannapolis (A.L. Brown)

13. Durham School of the Arts

14. Douglas Byrd

15. Hoke County

16. Southern Lee

17. Fay. 71st

18. Carroll County, VA

19. Asheboro

20. Henrico, VA

21. Benedictine, VA

22. Ragsdale

23. East Islip, NY

24. East Henderson

25. North Davidson

26. Atlantic, FL - Double Checking with Boosters

27. Northview, GA

I will try to find out all of the information I can on hotel arrangements by this summer to give a proper idea of what the rates for the overnight if you plan to spend the night on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday or all nights. If you wanted to come into town on Thursday, December 20th, our practice room mats are not used for matches and if necessary, you can either practice with us or you can have use of the room that night after our practice if you gave up practice time to travel. In the room are showers and a bathroom.

If you are interested in attending either tournament or would like more information on either tournament, please do not hesitate to contact me:

Danny Crotts

7227 Old US Hwy 52

Lexington, NC 27299

336-731-8431 (School Number)

336-225-0788 (My Cell Phone)

336-752-2637 (Home Number)

336-731-2642 (School Fax)

[email protected]

[email protected]

Entry fees for each tournament:

Black Knight Duals – If paid before December 1st, $105.00, and day of the tournament or after $125.00.

King of the Mat – If paid before December 21st, $115.00, and day of the tournament or after $135.00.

If you wanted to attend both tournaments:

1. If Paid before December 1st - $200.00

2. If Paid on December 1st or before December 21st - $225.00

3. If Paid on December 21st - $250.00

For both tournaments, I will take teams based on a first come first serve basis.

In closing, I’d like to wish you all the best of luck for the rest of your seasons. I hope to hear back from you all very soon. Here are the dates and number of teams for each tournament just as a reminder:

Black Knight Duals, Saturday December 1st 2007, 10-12 Teams

King of the Mat, Friday December 21st and Saturday December 22nd, 24-32 Teams

Again, Good Luck with the rest of your seasons and thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Danny Crotts

Business Teacher

Head Wrestling Coach

Head Boys Track Coach

North Davidson Senior High

7227 Old US Highway 52

Lexington, NC 27295

(336)731-8431 (Phone)

(336)731-2642 (Fax)

Dear Wrestling Coaches,

Hello, my name is Danny Crotts and I hope that this post finds you all doing well and having a wonderful wrestling season. I am the head wrestling coach at North Davidson Senior High in Lexington, North Carolina. We will be hosting two tournaments in December and I am posting this to invite you to attend either/both tournaments. I am sure few are working on their schedule for 2007 already, but I just wanted to give a heads up for the following dates: Saturday December 1st, Friday December 21st and Saturday December 22nd. I am inviting teams from the following states: North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Maryland, Ohio, Oklahoma, Kentucky, New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Maine, Kansas, Minnesota, Massachussetts, Washington, Louisiana, Deleware, Mississippi and Pennsylvania.

The first tournament will be the Black Knight Duals, to be held on Saturday, December 1st, 2007. I am looking for 10 – 12 teams. This was how we did King of the Mat this past year and it went rather smoothly in my opinion. I will have 4 mats going in the main gym; we will split it up into pools and then cross pool to determine place. Morehead won this tournament in 2006. I can guarantee 5 matches per team for the day.

Teams Confirmed as of this post:

1. North Davidson

2. East Davidson

3. Fay. 71st

4. Magna Vista, VA

5. Douglas Byrd

6. St. Clair County, AL

The next tournament will be King Of The Mat to be held on Friday December 21st and Saturday December 22nd of 2007. I would like to get 24 teams, though I will take up to 32 teams. I have 2 gyms to use and will have 5 mats in the main gym and 3 in the auxiliary gym. I have not yet decided if I will use our Cafeteria to host matches or not, I’d like to try to keep us all as close as can be.

Seeding will be based on a 10 match minimum with State placement from the previous year and total matches to help determine winning % ties.

This will not be a double elimination tournament. I would like to place as far back as the number of teams that we have in attendance. I would like to make sure we get all get as much mat time as we can get. No one will go 0-1 or 0-2, or even 0-3. In looking at the brackets to place all the way back, I believe everyone will get at least 5 matches.

The following teams have committed (said that they would attend next year already) as of this email:

1. West Davidson

2. East Davidson

3. Ledford

4. Bandys

5. La Plata, MD

6. Bassett, VA

7. Central Davidson

8. Morehead

9. JM Robinson

10. McMichael

11. Waddell

12. Kannapolis (A.L. Brown)

13. Durham School of the Arts

14. Douglas Byrd

15. Hoke County

16. Southern Lee

17. Fay. 71st

18. Carroll County, VA

19. Asheboro

20. Henrico, VA

21. Benedictine, VA

22. Ragsdale

23. East Islip, NY

24. East Henderson

25. North Davidson

26. Atlantic, FL - Double Checking with Boosters

27. Northview, GA

I will try to find out all of the information I can on hotel arrangements by this summer to give a proper idea of what the rates for the overnight if you plan to spend the night on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday or all nights. If you wanted to come into town on Thursday, December 20th, our practice room mats are not used for matches and if necessary, you can either practice with us or you can have use of the room that night after our practice if you gave up practice time to travel. In the room are showers and a bathroom.

If you are interested in attending either tournament or would like more information on either tournament, please do not hesitate to contact me:

Danny Crotts

7227 Old US Hwy 52

Lexington, NC 27299

336-731-8431 (School Number)

336-225-0788 (My Cell Phone)

336-752-2637 (Home Number)

336-731-2642 (School Fax)

[email protected]

[email protected]

Entry fees for each tournament:

Black Knight Duals – If paid before December 1st, $105.00, and day of the tournament or after $125.00.

King of the Mat – If paid before December 21st, $115.00, and day of the tournament or after $135.00.

If you wanted to attend both tournaments:

1. If Paid before December 1st - $200.00

2. If Paid on December 1st or before December 21st - $225.00

3. If Paid on December 21st - $250.00

For both tournaments, I will take teams based on a first come first serve basis.

In closing, I’d like to wish you all the best of luck for the rest of your seasons. I hope to hear back from you all very soon. Here are the dates and number of teams for each tournament just as a reminder:

Black Knight Duals, Saturday December 1st 2007, 10-12 Teams

King of the Mat, Friday December 21st and Saturday December 22nd, 24-32 Teams

Again, Good Luck with the rest of your seasons and thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Danny Crotts

Business Teacher

Head Wrestling Coach

Head Boys Track Coach

North Davidson Senior High

7227 Old US Highway 52

Lexington, NC 27295

(336)731-8431 (Phone)

(336)731-2642 (Fax)

IS THIS ONLY A HIGH SCHOOL TOURNAMENT?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

What teams are scheduled for Soddy on 1/22? One day only?

soms

The Soddy Daisy Showdown is on Jan. 8th, 2011

Teams attending are: Bradley, Bolton, Cookeville, Cordova, Greenback, Hewitt Trussville (Alabama), Kingston, Independence, Notre Dame, Ooltewah, Pigeon Forge, Science Hill, Tullahoma, Walker Valley

I most likely left someone off and if they want to contact me they can reach me at [email protected] or xwrist@gmail.

We will have a full JV Tournament going on at the same time in the same gym.

We will also have our 3rd year running Girls Tournament.

We will have 6 mats set up and will run straight through.

• 3 weeks later...

The Inaugural "Dog Pound" Tournament will be January 8th at Smyrna High School.

The Following Teams will be there.

1. Oakland

2. Clarksville Northwest

3. Christian Co. Ky

4. Riverdale

5. Blackman

6. Lebanon

7. Siegel

8. Ravenwood

9. Independence

10. Friendship Christian

11. Franklin County

12. Lavergne

13. Smyrna

14. Shelbyville

15. Wilson Central

16. Elizabethtown

Should be a good tournament to give some wrestlers a dose of needed confidence.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Greeneville Invitational Tournament(GIT)... rated as one of the toughest one day tournaments in the south... teams expected to come(not a complete list, just going by who came last year) This is on January 8th

Baylor

Science Hill

Dobyns-Bennett

Morristown East

Greeneville

Jefferson Co.

Chuckey-Doak

West Greene

Sevier Co.

Virginia High, Va

Daniel Boone

Woodford Co, KY

Knox Gibbs

Sullivan East

Franklin Road Academy

Knox Bearden

Knox Farragut

Marion High, Va

again, this is not an official list.. the Father Ryan Invitational is the same weekend so some teams might switch up their schedule..

"one of the toughest one day tournaments in the south"..........you're kidding, right? Take out Baylor and Science Hill and you couldn't even field a good team if you took the best wrestler off each team left. The GIT used to be a tough/good tournament, but now it's simply "a high school wrestling tournament." Come over to the Fandetti Brawl if you want to see one of the toughest tournaments in the south.

"one of the toughest one day tournaments in the south"..........you're kidding, right? Take out Baylor and Science Hill and you couldn't even field a good team if you took the best wrestler off each team left. The GIT used to be a tough/good tournament, but now it's simply "a high school wrestling tournament." Come over to the Fandetti Brawl if you want to see one of the toughest tournaments in the south.

Check the date of the almost 6 year old post you are replying to. :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

The 2012 Jazz Town Duals, which will be held in New Orleans, LA has only a few spots remaining for any teams that are looking to attend. This is a dual format tournament that ensures each wrestler and team in attendance, receives all the mat time they can handle.

More information about the event can be found on Flo-Wrestling At:

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/248366-Jazz-Town-Duals

please email at [email protected] or call at 504 228 2935 if you and your team would like to attend this years event.