Season of Chaos 2005!

Rebel Nation

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

So who knocks us and the rest of the SEC on our collectives tushies next year? My vote has to go with Urban Meyer. He has the guns in place to do it right out of the box. The rest will have a lot of work to do to be competitive. Spurrier would naturally come in second to me, only because of his ability to work with what he has and what he has ins't that bad...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Urban Meyer because of what he's got coming back and his recruiting base. Spurrier isn't going to make Carolina East division champion in the forseeable future. He'll have to get his type qb in there first and even then, they don't have the recruiting base he's used to..........and SS doesn't like to recruit.

Meyer will find out that he's in the big leagues now...no MAC or Mountain West teams to bash, just yearly games against Tennessee, Georgia, LSU and South Carolina with contests every few years against Auburn and Alabama...

We'll see just how good this guy is starting when they get beat at home again by Tennessee in 2005... :)

Meyer will find out that he's in the big leagues now...no MAC or Mountain West teams to bash, just yearly games against Tennessee, Georgia, LSU and South Carolina with contests every few years against Auburn and Alabama...

We'll see just how good this guy is starting when they get beat at home again by Tennessee in 2005... ;)

825483026[/snapback]

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You all are underestimating Meyer and are still dazzled by the brilliant glow of Stevie Superior's white britches. When there is a major change like Meyer will be at Florida, there will be guys who wanna transfer and recruits that change their minds. That's football guys....

My bet is that Meyer gets the majority of those fence riding recruits to come to Florida. ksgovols couldn't be more correct. Spurrier doesn't like recruiting. He will not have his prototypical QB and to make the recruiting situation worse, recruiting won't be easy in SC like it was in Florida.

Now, does Spurrier fall flat on his face? HECK NO!! Will it be more difficult on him there than anywhere he's been, including Duke? HECK YES!! Steve isn't the 30 somethings young ball coach he was when he took over Duke. Steve, in the back of his mind, thinks Steve's name should get him the best recruits. It won't happen that way.

I dont think neither will effect UT this next season, and I know Meyer is a good coach, but he is not in Utah anymore he has stepped up from a pitiful conference, to the best conference in the country. I just hope he dont expect for it to ba a walk in the park like it was in Utah, because he will be in for a big surprise!