The NBA itself

Guest The_Siegel_Senior

Guest The_Siegel_Senior

Is the NBA heading in the wrong direction? I mean kids are entering the NBA at 18 and 19...dont even think about college...I think they should instate the rule like the NFL has where you must go to college for a short period of time...and at least pretend like you care about your education...I mean I just dont think it is fair for men to be playing with boys...and then the Brawl in Detriot...nothing needs to be said about that...that was a disgrace to sports...and then the following day, there is a football brawl between South Carolina and Clemson on the field during the game...Kids are looking up to these athletes who are fighting fans and each other, having problems with the police and other government officials, calling other players names on national tv saying things such as "if you dont like me, you must be the problem"...what kind of image is that sending to the kids of today? I think the NBA needs to crack down on its coachs, players, and fans...They need to get it back to the game of basketball...the NBA, sometimes I feel, is now becoming more of a soap opera than an actual game....

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The_Siegel_Senior

...will it ever return to guys who just love the game who come out and play night in and night out...i mean there are some now, but not many...KG, Ducan, Ray Allen...and some others...

Guest The_Siegel_Senior
The NBA has concentrated its marketing strategy on guys like Iverson, Kobe Byrant, Vince Carter and Lebron James.  It is not about substance.  It is about style.

825485393[/snapback]

this is true...

Guest The_Siegel_Senior
The NBA will never be the same again! All the old school players are retiring and they are now few and far between!

825492257[/snapback]

Zo is still around though... :lol:

Guest The_Siegel_Senior
i know, but i liked the game better when it was Stockon, Malone, Pippen, Jordan, Drexler, Hakeem, Barkley, Robinson, Ewing, Stark, Reggie, Smit, etc! you see where I am going with it!

825495147[/snapback]

yeah i know i was kidding with you... thumb ...you mean back when the shorts were shorts and not capris...when you didnt spell TEAM with I? When practice wasnt an interview topic, because people just showed up...back before players choked coaches...ahh those are the days you speak of?

yeah i know i was kidding with you... thumb ...you mean back when the shorts were shorts and not capris...when you didnt spell TEAM with I? When practice wasnt an interview topic, because people just showed up...back before players choked coaches...ahh those are the days you speak of?

825495319[/snapback]

That would be the days of which I speak of!