Life after sports...

ih8tntemple

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Well it is like a sport b/c some battles in life you win and some you lose. Sometimes you are at the top of your game and sometimes you should have just stayed on the bench.

• 2 months later...

It isn't about winning or losing, but I hate to lose. I won't settle for a tie, and I am not satisfied with 100%. To play, you have to sacrifice everything, your body, time, sweat, blood, and tears, everything... for my team I have been that player with tears in my eyes walking out to receive the second place trophy and clapping as the other team receives the first place one. I know what it is like to lose, to win, to want to quit, to want to cry, to not want to get up. I know what it is like to hear the yells for you. I know what it is like to feel the pressure of everyone on your shoulders, and I know what it is like to choke under that pressure. I know what it means to be an athlete, and that is why I play.

That's the perfect description of every true athlete, who isn't just in it for fun, but also to win. And it's the reason why there will be no life after sports for me, because sports will never end in my life.

Edited by tonymontana

It isn't about winning or losing, but I hate to lose. I won't settle for a tie, and I am not satisfied with 100%. To play, you have to sacrifice everything, your body, time, sweat, blood, and tears, everything... for my team I have been that player with tears in my eyes walking out to receive the second place trophy and clapping as the other team receives the first place one. I know what it is like to lose, to win, to want to quit, to want to cry, to not want to get up. I know what it is like to hear the yells for you. I know what it is like to feel the pressure of everyone on your shoulders, and I know what it is like to choke under that pressure. I know what it means to be an athlete, and that is why I play.

That's the perfect description of every true athlete, who isn't just in it for fun, but also to win. And it's the reason why there will be no life after sports for me, because sports will never end in my life.

825614358[/snapback]

wow! so true...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

825614358[/snapback]

Nicely done, Montana!! thumb

I don't know where you got this, or maybe you thought it up yourself. I do know that it is just about the greatest experssion of what it is like to compete that I've ever seen!!

• 5 weeks later...

825614358[/snapback]

pretty good post there.