OS, Anderson County and Loudon

Guest At A Glance

Guest At A Glance

Thus far OS and AC are leading the district pack but LOOK OUT :blink: for Loudon they are really young and that may hurt but the played OS to a 7 pt game and it was closer than that.

They have a Freshman Kasey Harvey that has played awsome for them. I remember her from AAU basketball and she can play.

Don't take them lightly they could sneak up on the leaders if they hold down freshman mistakes to a min.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thus far OS and AC are leading the district pack but LOOK OUT :blink: for Loudon they are really young and that may hurt but the played OS to a 7 pt game and it was closer than that.

They have a Freshman Kasey Harvey that has played awsome for them. I remember her from AAU basketball and she can play.

Don't take them lightly they could sneak up on the leaders if they hold down freshman mistakes to a min.

825489121[/snapback]

hold up... go to rankings... kinda funny you didnt mention kingston... 2-0 in district...

OS has played everyone in district except Kingston and is 4-0 but the season is still young. I'm glad we have AC & Loudon and the 2nd game with Kingston @ our place, should be FUN!

1AA-Region 2 District 4 Conference Standings

2004-2005 Season Conference Overall

Team W-L Win % W-L Win %

OLIVER SPRINGS 4-0 1.000 9-1 0.900

KINGSTON 2-0 1.000 2-5 0.286

LOUDON 1-1 0.500 5-2 0.714

ANDERSON COUNTY 1-1 0.500 5-3 0.625

SCOTT 0-3 0.000 2-3 0.400

LENOIR CITY 0-3 0.000 2-5 0.286

Kingston hasn't played AC or Loudon yet & their only disty losses are to OS. I believe matchups here are the key, put your best defender on your opponents best offense player and see what happens.

GO LADYCATS!!!

I truely believe that the best team in the district is AC. The small court at OS will play to the Lady Mavs advantage in the re-match, which I believe will be physical. Tiffany Rodd is the best player in the district, and did not play all that well in the first game against OS, don't expect that in the re-match. OS was awful from the free throw line at AC. The big difference for OS in the first game was their belief that they are going to win. AC is a team in transition. They are learning that they can and should win. Where they are on that learning curve will determine how far they can go this year.

OS beat AC because of the belief that they were gonna win!!! well i believe that AC had that same belief but it just came out who was better won!!! Yes OS's gym is smaller but the home crowd is hard to come by and OS always plays better at home!!! Be aware that OS is also coming together more as a team now after the Powell game!!! We'll see how it is but i think it will be a blowout at OS!!!

GO BOBCATS!!! thumb

I truely believe that the best team in the district is AC. The small court at OS will play to the Lady Mavs advantage in the re-match, which I believe will be physical. Tiffany Rodd is the best player in the district, and did not play all that well in the first game against OS, don't expect that in the re-match. OS was awful from the free throw line at AC. The big difference for OS in the first game was their belief that they are going to win. AC is a team in transition. They are learning that they can and should win. Where they are on that learning curve will determine how far they can go this year.

825491087[/snapback]

Just a few comments....

#1 Thanks for the bulletin board material!!!

#2 Why in the world would you think that AC could beat OS in Oliver Springs when they could not get the job done on their own court. If anybody has an advantage on the small court it has to be the team that plays there everyday.

#3 Rod is a good player but she is not the best player in the district. She could be listed in the top 5 but I feel the district really has no best player right now but has several pretty darn good ones.

#4 AC is much improved from a year ago and learing to win is very difficult even if you have new players... add to that the fact that the new players are not accustomed to winning either and there is no reasonable expectation that the new players will help you over the hump. They are better but like other teams in their situation... learning to win is hard.

#5 Has AC played Loudon yet? Talk about a team that has had a major change in philosophy with new players... WOW, they are going to be good. If there is a team that could challenge OS for the top spot in the district... I would give the nod to Loudon right now. That is not to say that others are not potential upsets in the making but from what I have seen... Loudon has my respect. Great Job Coach Collins!!!!!

Hey coachchannell,

#1 Merry Christmas!

#2 The funny thing about bulletin board material is that, if you need it for motivation or to play harder or better, then it's not going to help anyway.

#3 I stand by T. Rodd being the best player in the district. Who's Better? She's 6'2", a terrific ball handler, great outside shooter at that height, and can be awfully physical underneath when she's in the mood. We just need her in the mood a little more.

#4 I agree with you, learning to win is a hard thing to do. That was my point from the first match-up. OS knows how. AC is figuring it out.

#5 Did I say Merry Christmas. B)

Good luck to you guys. Boys and Girls.