Tenessean's All Midstate

flngrvy

I think Cookeville got a lot of respect this year. What they didn't get is the publicity that some of the schools in the metro area get. It helps when you get your games televised and you have those local and nearby papers with the large circulations.

There were a lot of really good running backs around the mid-state this year. Gaston Miller (State Champ Riverdale), Lamarcus Coker (UT Commit), Marsalous Johnson (UT Commit), and others I'm sure, all within about 30 miles of the Tennessean office. It's pretty easy to get lost in that crowd.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan
I think Cookeville got a lot of respect this year.  What they didn't get is the publicity that some of the schools in the metro area get.  It helps when you get your games televised and you have those local and nearby papers with the large circulations.

There were a lot of really good running backs around the mid-state this year.  Gaston Miller (State Champ Riverdale), Lamarcus Coker (UT Commit), Marsalous Johnson (UT Commit), and others I'm sure, all within about 30 miles of the Tennessean office.  It's pretty easy to get lost in that crowd.

825491429[/snapback]

Don't forget Darrian Watters from Franklin #22...even though he may not have shown the U of R much...he certainly made an impact with other foes.

If you have to get to the second or third round to get picked for all-state or all-mid state then why did cookeville who went 11-2 and played riverdale very tough not get any publicity. they had arunning back rush for 1200 or more yards. Or is it the same ole same ole that cookeville just does not get any respect. They could have rocked the dale and still no one would have given them any respect. (that was just an example no dis to riverdale). So it is not true that your team has to make it to the 2nd or 3rd round to get picked.

825491390[/snapback]

What publicy are you talking about? Did you read the Herald-Citizen this year? They were all over it. There was a lot written about Cookeville. They had a very good year.