Best Coach in AA

BigRoyalBen

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he didnt out coach Rick Rudesill in 2004 or 2005 either!  :D

825628721[/snapback]

Well, the thing that some of you need to remember and realize is that with the athletes that they have a Raleigh-Egypt and with the talent at Bolivar Central, it ain't hard to look good coaching at either one of those two schools. The thing that they have to worry about it over coaching.

The best coach in AA that doesn't have all the talent in the world and still manages to get to at least the second round of his region, is Jamie Wilson at Harpeth. He knows what he is doing and tries to do it well. thumb

Well, the thing that some of you need to remember and realize is that with the athletes that they have a Raleigh-Egypt and with the talent at Bolivar Central, it ain't hard to look good coaching at either one of those two schools. The thing that they have to worry about it over coaching.

The best coach in AA that doesn't have all the talent in the world and still manages to get to at least the second round of his region, is Jamie Wilson at Harpeth. He knows what he is doing and tries to do it well. thumb

825628831[/snapback]

I hate to tell you this, but Bolivar has always had the talent. So, why were there no state tourney titles before Rudesill? Heck, why were there hardly even any state tourney appearances? Coaching is not as overrated as you may think. It takes a strong leader to turn talent into true champions!

825628831[/snapback]

coaching does not rely on talent alone. granted Bolivar is talented but we did it before we got Willie Kemp as well, most seem to forget that. Rudesill took the girls team to the state semis this year as well, that team only had one girl that has signed to play college ball so far. some of the most talented teams in west tn didnt even make it to state this year thanks to coaching...Mitchell and Fairley(both are actually more talented than Bolivar), Hamilton, Liberty, White Station(new coach this year and their back to back to back state titles run was snapped).

when Rudesill took over the last time Bolivar had been to state was in the late 70's. in the last 8 seasons under Rudesill Bolivar has been to substate 5 times, state 4 times, and won 2 state titles.

• 7 months later...

When you can lose players like Josh Goodwin and Shane Dansby and still be as competitive as his teams always are then I think something's gotta be attributed to the coaching.

I agree. I think that he is one of the best coaches in any class, not just AA. He seems to always be able to get young kids ready to play and to keep his older guys from settling on what they did last year and to improve to be better the next. Hands down one of the best. Good luck Wilson, c ya the 18th down in bedford.

Well i would have to say that Coach Rick Rudesill is awesome (bolivar Central), but i would say that the majority of his talent comes from his players, but Bolivar is still a championship threat regardless.... i would have to say also that there is an uprising coach in the stewart county program (coach Brian Bramlett) he doesn't seem to have the weapons as far as players are concerned, but i still look for them to have a good season possibly an 18-6 season.

Well i would have to say that Coach Rick Rudesill is awesome (bolivar Central), but i would say that the majority of his talent comes from his players, but Bolivar is still a championship threat regardless.... i would have to say also that there is an uprising coach in the stewart county program (coach Brian Bramlett) he doesn't seem to have the weapons as far as players are concerned, but i still look for them to have a good season possibly an 18-6 season.

As far as Raleigh Egypt's success being credited to having great players...

1999-00 33-6 State Tournament

2000-01 28-8 Sub-State

2001-02 26-7 Regional Semifinals

2002-03 28-7 Sub-State

2003-04 31-5 State Tournament

2004-05 33-3 Sate Runner-up

Nothing's changed at Raleigh Egypt during those year's EXCEPT the players.

Some coaches never get their due. There are many fine coaches that labor daily with the young men and women that are assigned to their school and do the best they can with what they've got. The team's record does not always reflect their expertise nor their hard work. My hat's off to all men and women that take on the challenge of coaching and do it to the best of their ability. Sometimes the "coach of the year" award goes to the coach whose team had the most wins, but sometimes that award is most deserved by the coach that did the best they could with what they had and their team overachieved because of it.

Guest catfish-hunter

Barry Jones (Obion Cent.)

He put the basketball program at Sycamore in the substate three years in a row and last year after he left they did not make it for the first time with a senior class. He'll turn the program at Obion around quickly and they'll be competitive in a very short amount of time, BANK ON IT :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

Jody Wright Fulton

Micah Marsh Alcoa

The 2 most under rated coached are Coach Hutchens from Catholic and Coach Randy Moore from Seymour. Catholic has went to back to back state tournaments in 2004 and 2005 and has a record of 89-24 over the last 4 years. KCHS is 3-0 vs Alcoa the last two years. Coach Moore coaches 2 varsity teams and wins with less talent in his district.

This may sound a little bit off the wall, but I think the best coach in AA might be a freshmen coach. Johnson County's David Arnold can take undeveloped players and make them good. Last year he took a team that won five games in middle school playing weak competition and went 8-4 with three of those losses going down to the wire against tough competition. He plays everybody on the team and gets the most out of them. This year's freshman team won 29 games in middle school last year so imagine what he can do with them. You may be wondering why he's a freshman coach. He works at a local bank full-time and volunteers his services.

As far as varsity coaches, John English from Unicoi County is the best I've seen in these parts. Went from sixth place in the conference in 2003-2004 to District Champs in 2004-2005. I expect them to return to their glory years.