Collecting Stats

10W40

We are trying to improve on our side line statistics taking for our basketball team. We are considering investing in a palm pilot and using computer software in compiling stats. Has anyone out there had good results with any of the modern conveniences of the side line? Please post any good luck or bad experiences you have had with any of the stat taking products.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statcrew is a sports statistics program for most sports.  It is easy to learn, but will take some game experience to be proficient.  It is used by all the colleges now and compiles game, season, career, and tournament stats.  It is costly, but it is worth it in the long run.

825514573[/snapback]

Do you have a web address for Statcrew?

That price tag includes programs for football, basketball, baseball/softball, volleyball, hockey, lacrosse, and tennis. It also allows you to have live statistics via the internet and you can set up moniters for real-time stats at games. The web site is statcrew.com.

Edited by nununu

Chuck Groover, one of the assistants at Mt. Juliet with with the girls team, uses a palm pilot and has post-game stats printed out very quickly after each game. Wilson Central uses the Statcrew system for the girls with a laptop computer. They use one kid to type play-by-play and another to dictate and help spot.

• 1 year later...

I notice my post is a year later, but thought I'd comment just for the record... I created my own method for compiling stats using Excel spreadsheets. Since I keep the paper scorebook for the team, I needed a quick method to transfer everything I keep in the book to the computer during breaks in the game and/or between quarters. I am able to provide printouts for the coaches(and radio) at halftime and after the game.

I'll eventually switch to a program like one mentioned in the above posts, or create my own for a palm device.

Two questions I had for those of you using palm programs already...

Does the software keep track of game time? One thing I currently do is track the actual game minutes for players, and I don't want to lose that feature.

Does the software allow you to track both teams stats, or just one?

and yes, I do love keeping stats at games! :lol:)