2005 Vols

Tom142

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sequatchie, I see that you've penciled in Kenny Phillips.  What do you think UT's chances are at getting him?

825517048[/snapback]

thumb I think its pretty good 50/50 probably even better than that. Listening to him talk on CTSD he seems to be pretty good friends with Demetrice Morley who is commited to Tennessee and he has been working him hard to get Kenny to join him at UT. I would suspect that Jonathan Crompton is saying the same things to him as well. He knows he could probably start from day one at either of the saftey spots if he comes to UT.

He is scheduled to make his official visit to Knoxville on the way back from the All-Star game on Sunday or Monday. A big plus for UT could be with 4 or 5 guys announcing for Tennessee during the game could make him want to be with potentially the #1 class in America surrounded with that type of talent.

He says it will be a signing day decision? I read somewhere that it will be on ESPN but not real sure about that? It could have been someone else.

Edited by Sequatchie

thumb I think its pretty good 50/50 probably even better than that.  Listening to him talk on CTSD he seems to be pretty good friends with Demetrice Morley who is commited to Tennessee and he has been working him hard to get Kenny to join him at UT.  I would suspect that Jonathan Crompton is saying the same things to him as well.  He knows he could probably start from day one at either of the saftey spots if he comes to UT.

He is scheduled to make his official visit to Knoxville on the way back from the All-Star game on Sunday or Monday.  A big plus for UT could be with 4 or 5 guys announcing for Tennessee during the game could make him want to be with potentially the #1 class in America surrounded with that type of talent.

He says it will be a signing day decision?  I read somewhere that it will be on ESPN but not real sure about that?  It could have been someone else.

825517594[/snapback]

Yes, I also saw on CTSD that Phillips and Morley were hitting it off pretty good and he's trying to recruit him hard.

The thing that worries me is that he compared himself to Sean Taylor, a former Miami safety, and one of his closest friends and former teammate goes to Miami and is really persuading him. It would also be difficult to get him out of South Florida when Miami, historically, has a very strong secondary.

I agree with you though, who wouldn't want to come here right now? They are projected to have the top recruiting class in the country when all is said and done. Plus since scouts are projecting him as a strong safety he'd compliment a very strong secondary next year with Jason Allen at FS, Phillips at SS, Roshaun Fellows at CB, and Antwan Stewart, Jonathan Hefney, and Demetrice Morley competing for the other corner.

hey yall dont forget about jonathon mapu. He started a year ago and had to go on his mission trip. he will be a great asset next year.

825518566[/snapback]

JT Mapu won't be back on the team until the 2006 season and depending on what kind of shape he comes back in may need a redshirt year to regain muscle and body weight.

• 2 weeks later...