Lady Highlanders

highlandermom

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....you know I love these girls with all my heart and I wouldn't want to say anything that would harm the team, but as far as coaching goes Kries and Murley are doing a good job, with what that have, Murley has brought some intensity to the defense, and they have practiced these girls hard and they got started way back in the spring with conditioning, the coaches have done all they can do!.....you can't go out and win the games for the girls......let's face it the lady highlanders don't have a big stand out player.....I mean we have girls that try their best night in and night out but we as fans have to accept that we just don't have alot of talent on the team. SHS has dominated in the past....the 80's and 90's we had some real good teams, but for some reason the talent just isn't there, we haven't had a real tall girl in a long time....I don't know the reason for that......either the tall girls ain't playing no more or we just ain't growing them tall...LOL....but I say let's just enjoy watching what we have and know that the girls that are out there playing are doing their best and thats all we can ask of them!!!!

and let's face it the some of the best players in the county that we had went to Oneida.....nothing we can do about that!!!!!

but I say let's not hang the coaches and let's see what happens next year GOOD LUCK SHS thumb

Highlandermom I sure don't see how you can say that some of the best players from the county went to Oneida. Yes, four of the starters on Oneida's team are from the county, but Oneida is struggling in single A. I think Scott High is better off without the players from the county that chose to go to Oneida. I think that those players feel that they are not good enough to be a standout at Scott High so they move to a smaller "pond" to try to be a star. Kries will bring the program up in time. The young players at Scott High are pretty good. If they work hard and listen to their coaches they will be fine and so will the program. This year has been up and down, but many times a transition year is that way. thumb

Highlandermom I sure don't see how you can say that some of the best players from the county went to Oneida. Yes, four of the starters on Oneida's team are from the county, but Oneida is struggling in single A. I think Scott High is better off without the players from the county that chose to go to Oneida. I think that those players feel that they are not good enough to be a standout at Scott High so they move to a smaller "pond" to try to be a star. Kries will bring the program up in time. The young players at Scott High are pretty good. If they work hard and listen to their coaches they will be fine and so will the program. This year has been up and down, but many times a transition year is that way. thumb

825562687[/snapback]

Thats rediculous and you know it. Oneida has a great tradition in girls basketball and you make it sound like they are struggling when they are in the running for a district title. That's just a rediculous comment especially since these girls are very good athletes.

Speaking as a mother of one of the "fish" who went to the smaller pond. My daughter chose to go to Oneida, because that is where her father went, and many of her cousins went there and played football. She was used to going to the games, and had many friends there from church also. After having dealt with another teenager that I am close with, and the struggle that was there to make this teenager go to school, I didn't care where she went, as long as she would go. She did not go to Oneida, because of any of the coaches at SHS or OHS, in fact she was not even going to play ball. The only reason she did was because I made her. I told her that no matter which school she went to, she had to play one year. If she didn't like it after that, then she could quit. She has many friends at SHS, and loves to go to the SHS games and support them. Since our children can get past the SHS/OHS thing, why can't the parents? Before you make judgements about their reasons for going to another school, why don't you show them the decency of asking them.

825562687[/snapback]

825562687[/snapback]

......well I say what I think.....doesn't mean I'm right it's just my opinon, the Sexton girl and the Phillips girl are good players and they would have been a plus for the Highlanders but I do agree with what you said about not wanting them at SHS if they feel they should be at Oneida.....I am well aware that this is a transtion year and I know that it will only get better from here on.....I think Kries has a good plan and it will take time to build up the team his way......but I will continue to state my opinons ...I really don't care if anyone agrees with them or not, but thanks for your 2 cents worth thumb

Scott Lady Landers do have some talented players. A lot of them are younger. So what. Give them a chance. If you read other posts in this forum you hear a lot about young players making a difference. The coaches do have coaching ability but I am beginning to wonder if they have guts / courage to use these younger players. Of course, it doesn't matter now because the season has nearly completed. Hang in there girls. To the seniors, you made the most of what you had....good luck in the future. To the players returning....work hard in the off season to improve your skills and come back next year...PLAY HARD...and WIN. thumb

I would imagine that you might be the Sexton girls mom, and I know that you went to SHS and I have nothing against your child or anyone elses that chose to go to Oneida. But I heard that Chelsea didn't want to go to OHS but was made to by her father but I really don't care her reasons for going, she seems to be doing a good job playing ball there and I hope she continues to play. I have heard that Oneida does offers kids playing time and starting postions if they will come to OHS , now before anyone jumps my case, I know of 2 kids for sure were told that, one was back in the 90's and she played ball and the other was just a couple of years ago he played football, and he did leave SHS and go to OHS and they didn't play him like they said they would and he came back to SHS. But it doesn't matter to me where the kids go as long as they are getting a good education and I believe OHS and SHS have awesome teachers and thats what really counts!!!!

uote=ladyndnmom,Feb 12 2005 - 11:38 AM]

Speaking as a mother of one of the "fish" who went to the smaller pond. My daughter chose to go to Oneida, because that is where her father went, and many of her cousins went there and played football. She was used to going to the games, and had many friends there from church also. After having dealt with another teenager that I am close with, and the struggle that was there to make this teenager go to school, I didn't care where she went, as long as she would go. She did not go to Oneida, because of any of the coaches at SHS or OHS, in fact she was not even going to play ball. The only reason she did was because I made her. I told her that no matter which school she went to, she had to play one year. If she didn't like it after that, then she could quit. She has many friends at SHS, and loves to go to the SHS games and support them. Since our children can get past the SHS/OHS thing, why can't the parents? Before you make judgements about their reasons for going to another school, why don't you show them the decency of asking them.

825562905[/snapback]

Look, if I have offended anyone then I'm sorry. I do not even know who the players are that play for Oneida this year that are from the county. I wouldn't have even known that there are 4 starters on Oneida's team this year from the county if I hadn't seen it on another thread on this site, which was also addressing Oneida's success this year. My comments were meant to be generalized in nature. If a player does not want to be at Scott High then, Scott High is better off without them. The same goes for Oneida. They should want to be where they're at. There were some cases some years ago that I was fairly close to that, in my opinion, the reason was to standout in a "smaller pond". Oneida is in a smaller class than Scott High. So that comment was not directed at anyone specific. Yes, I should have included "some of" in the statement. Oneida does have a good tradition and they have excellent coaches. West is a great coach. Scott High has good tradition and coaches as well. Kries will improve the team with time. They both have good players. Neither can win all the time. As for the Scott High/Oneida thing, I think that both should be combined and have only one high school. That doesn't mean I'm right either, just my opinion. Again, no offence intended, just disagreeing with part of what highlandermom posted. thumb

I doubt that Oneida has ever had to talk a kid into coming there by promising playing time. Oneida has had too many successful years in many sports without the help of any county kids coming to their programs. I know of plenty of teams (basketball and football) that were made up of pretty much all players that came up through the Oneida system.

Who cares where a kid goes to high school? This Oneida/County issue is getting out of hand and very annoying. People from Oneida do not say anything if any of their players go to Scott High, but if Scott High people come to Oneida, they and the Oneida program are ridiculed for it. It's crazy.

I have no personal ties to either of these schools; i just enjoy high school sports, and I am familiar with both school systems. Just let the kids play and support them no matter what school they are at!!!! The kids are the important thing here, not the school or team in which they are a part of.

Edited by ONLYAFAN