Scott Young Playing Hockey Again

You get out to many Riverking games? The CHL is a good leauge... some good talent. I've gotten over to Shreveport for a couple Mudbug (horrible name, I know) games and have enjoyed them greatly. Then again, I could probably go to pee-wee hockey game and be greatly entertained by that.

BRING BACK OUR HOCKEY!!! :lol:

You get out to many Riverking games? The CHL is a good leauge... some good talent. I've gotten over to Shreveport for a couple Mudbug (horrible name, I know) games and have enjoyed them greatly. Then again, I could probably go to pee-wee hockey game and be greatly entertained by that.

BRING BACK OUR HOCKEY!!!  :lol:

825510896[/snapback]

Unfortunately, I haven't been to any Riverkings games in a long time, because their arena in Southaven is a good 45-minute drive from my house, assuming normal traffic...but going to the games from here involves negotiating the outbound rush hour through a construction zone. I'll go to one or two before this season's up, but I haven't yet.

Ah, so really they should be the Memphis Southaven Riverkings. That's what they've done with the Mudbugs. The CenturyTel arena is actually in Bosier City so it's the Shreveport Bosier City Mudbugs...

825511103[/snapback]

Yeah...they also own an arenafootball2 team that plays in the same arena. They called the the MidSouth-Memphis Xplorers one year and realized that name was horrendous, so they went to the Memphis Xplorers. I'd imagine that was also their trial balloon for renaming the Riverkings.