celina jr high

pantherfan83

my daughter who plays for the celina lady bulldogs jr high.this year for christmas the coach decided instead of changing gifts within the team to go to the local nursing home and give gifts to some residents with no family. that is what whst christmas is all about, well done coach showing young ladies not to forget the less fortunate.

Edited by pantherfan83

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Doesn't surprise me that Paige is already getting praise from Bulldog fans as well the UC. She came from a very modest background and was raised to treat people with respect. Her family sports background goes back to the days at Independence Elementary where her grandpa Wilbur C. Smith was one of the all-time winningest coaches in Overton Co. history. It was also where her Dad Merl got his start playing basketball as a youngster. Merl was a very good coach in his own right and many people always wondered why he didn't coach the LA girls after taking them to the state after 1 year on the job. He later coached the LA girls Volleyball team and always had one of the best teams in the state yr in yr out. So like I said it doesn't surprise me that Paige is receiving praise because she comes from a background that not only excelled in sports but life as well. Her people always tried to help the less fortunate wether it be on the playing field or in the game of life. I really expect Paige to continue that trend maybe not having the most wins as a coach but being a winner in the game of life. Clay Co. fans probably don't realize what kind of person that is coaching their young but they will soon enough. In her first year the team had a pretty successful season and the people around the UC area are finding out what kind of person Paige is and what kind of family she came from. Something Overton Co. fans have known for years upon years. Good Luck Paige on being a teacher and coach. thumb