DH-Cory Sorgenfrei(Sr)

Pitchers:

#1-Tye McCleary

#2-Rusty Howard

#3-Josh Farmer(Sr)

#4-Mitch Warren

Reserves: OF/IF Matt Taylor, Drew Fann

Bullpen: TylerBowman, Andy Berg

unlike most years, this oakland team is unusually thin with only 2-3 guys able to come off the bench and only a few pitchers to come out of the pen as well, so injuries must be kept at an absolute minimum.

while the depth is not there, there is a solid nucleus back that will give oakland a chance to make its annual run at a state tourney berth.Starters that return are players such as steven watson(memphis signee), blake patterson, tye mccleary and rusty howard.

when either McCleary,Howard or Warren pitches, look for matt taylor to come off the bench to fill the vacated spot left by any of the trio. i feel confident in saying that McCleary,Howard and Farmer will be the top 3 but i feel there may be some competition at the #4 spot and could very well be otherwise by the time opening day rolls around.

next, ill take a look at oakland's schedule and take a wild take at projecting their record...........

Edited by Oakland

Guest Oakland
I am glad to see Tye on the list - I hope he is doing fine now....

825523584[/snapback]

from what i have heard, he is doing well. just a darn shame we didnt have him in the postseason, could have really used him in the regional tournament

• 2 weeks later...

If the Cavs pitching holds up they will be in the middle of the hunt. But of course you could say that about most every team except last years Blackman team. Their pitching was great and they were not in the hunt. But this is a new year for them as well.

Look for Riverdale, Oakland and Cookeville to fight it out. The Cavs will not sneak up on anyone this year, they have some talent returning.

If the Cavs pitching holds up they will be in the middle of the hunt. But of course you could say that about most every team except last years Blackman team. Their pitching was great and they were not in the hunt. But this is a new year for them as well.

Look for Riverdale, Oakland and Cookeville to fight it out. The Cavs will not sneak up on anyone this year, they have some talent returning.

825543188[/snapback]

disgustedfan, do you have a projected lineup. I dont know as much about the baseball team as i do about the basketball and football teams.

Guest Oakland
I wonder if you could inform me as to exactly which teams are in this District?

825549059[/snapback]

Oakland, Riverdale, Blackman, Siegel, Cookeville, Lebanon, Warren Co and White Co