Coalfield at Rockwood

TigersBball42

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have watched several tiger games this yr during my travels around the area gyms and I have to say this tiger team is somewhat of a mystery to me. I see flashes of brilliance on some nights in which the team looks like a team bound for a repeat trip for Murfreesboro and then on other nights I see a lackluster team with no heart or desire. I saw the Harriman games at both locations and they were a perfect example of what I am talking about. Rockwood comes out of the chute at Harriman and blows the devils off the court by 22. They are hitting on all cylinders and Harriman is lost in their wake. Then a few weeks later at Rockwood, the tigers look like a team that could care less if they made a shot, got a rebound, or even touched the ball. Harriman out hustled, out played and flat out embarrassed the tigers at home by 6 or 7 points! In the few games I have seen it appears to me that Coach K doesnt have enough players to play the 10 man subbing thing that he did last year that worked so well for him. In my humble opinion they only have 7 players that are really quality players and that is good if they coached a game adjusted to 7 players. But they continue that subbing 5 at a time thing and some of their subs arent up to the standard they had last year. I dont think I will be able to visit tiger town for the coalfield matchup but in answer to the question posed to start this post, I think it will be closer than you think even if Hensley doesnt play. This tiger team has a way of playing down to the level of the competition. BTW, Hensley played the last time I saw Coalfield play not too long ago, when was he injured and how serious was it?

Edited by HSsportznut

Hssportsfan the tigers have more than enough talent to go back to the boro they have had there up's and there downs this year but just because they have a couple players that haven't seen alot of varsity minutes because of the older group that left last year but mark my words when it come tourney time coach k and his rockwood tigers will be ready to go to war.

its ok Bballtigers42, I figured since you played for the Tigers that you would understand that. Playing Harriman as many times as you did and listening to them.

Why is Hensley out?? When will he be back?

825533766[/snapback]

Hensley is out because of a shoulder injury from football, From what I've heard he's not coming back for basketball.

Hssportsfan the tigers have more than enough talent to go back to the boro they have had there up's and there downs this year but just because they have a couple players that haven't seen alot of varsity minutes because of the older group that left last year but mark my words when it come tourney time coach k and his rockwood tigers will be ready to go to war.

825534322[/snapback]

Rockwood has absolutely no chance of going back this year. This war you speak of will resemble more of a pillow fight.