West Tenn Single A Top Ten

jvaughan

Week of 1/24

I didn't get around to doing this last week so here goes nothing. All info (records, etc.) on teams comes from this site so don't be mad at me if it is wrong.

1. Middleton 16-6 No doubt the frontrunner from the west. Had a good week with a win over Fayette Acad. and good Adamsville team. Loss to Bolivar doesn't hurt them. Easy week this week with TCA and Scotts Hill.

2. Middle College 9-7 Continued its perfection of a loaded district with a close one against Halls. Loss to Westside doesn't mean much. Tough week this week with Bradford and then a trip to Lake Co.

3. Trenton 16-6 OK week with a close one to Greenfield and a win over South Fulton. Home loss to Lake Co. hurts though. Probably the biggest game for them this week is against Halls but everyone is looking foward to West Carroll.

4. West Carroll 18-1 Continues its assualt on a weak district with wins over Clarksburg, and Bruceton. Has Carroll Academy and then a game against Trenton which if they win can (not will) make a believer out of me and a lot of others.

5. Greenfield 13-6 Played like a postseason contender this week in wins over McKenzie, Lake Co. (20 pts!!) and a two point loss to Trenton. Big district game this week with Dresden and then Huntingdon on Thurs.

6. Lake Co. 14-9 Wins over South Fulton and I believe Gleason (no score reported), a 20 point loss to Greenfield hurts but a win last week at Trenton made me a believer. Dyer Co. early this week and then a big one against Halls and an even bigger one against Middle College at home.

7. JCS 13-6 Beat DCA and then took care of Dist. business in a win against Scotts Hill. The big loss to Middleton makes me wonder about them. In town rivalry week for them as the play USJ and TCA.

8. Adamsville 11-6 Losing to USJ hurts them worse than the loss to Middleton. This week they have Hardin Co., a big district game against Madison Magnet, and another one against Fayette. Those two games have district tournament seedings on the line.

9. Halls 9-8 Good wins over Dresden and Dyer Co. but a close loss to Middle College. A win over Trenton or Lake Co. this week would do them a huge favor in the district standings.

Tie 10. Madison, Dresden, and South Fulton All three have below 500 records but Madison is third in a pretty good district, and I still believe Dresden and SF are going to give someone a run for thier money come tournaments.

Edited by jvaughan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me me and him aren't the only ones with opinions on this.

825535048[/snapback]

Well i'll drop my insight on you then. I think Middleton is too high and West Carroll is too low. Just my opinion but heres my top 5...

1. West Carroll- who cares who they played look at their record and watch the X man play.

2. Trenton- Doaks is just as good as Webb and they will have their showdown this week to see who is really the best.

3. Middleton- super deep but lack that 1 guy to take over in the clutch like the above 2 teams.

4. Lake County

5. Greenfield- Brandon Shane is the man. He carried them to state last year.

i think middleton is ranked appropriately they had the big man ability to keep chism and kemp from bolivar fairly quiet why couldnt they possibly do the same to peabody or west carroll's big man u kno but that is tru they dont have the one guy like a willie kemp to just take over the game they do have three guys who have that potential in Leon Hunt Chris Smith or LaMarquis Murden but none have proven it

Edited by toinemac

i think middleton is ranked appropriately they had the big man ability to keep chism and kemp from bolivar fairly quiet why couldnt they possibly do the same to peabody or west carroll's big man u kno but that is tru they dont have the one guy like a willie kemp to just take over the game they do have three guys who have that potential in Leon Hunt Chris Smith or LaMarquis Murden but none have proven it

825535165[/snapback]

Then why don't they?

Updated 1/24/05  4:30 pm

West Tennessee teams with a chance at going to Boro

West Carroll #1

Middleton #2

others: Middle College, Trenton.

825535069[/snapback]

The biggest disadvantages facing west tn once they get to M'boro, is that with the exposure east tn gets that it is a conclusion on the officials minds that no one should beat an east tn team. Look at the free throw line in games at M'boro, and guaranteed east tn teams win every yr. In '95 Pickett Co. shot 101 free throws to their opponents 10. Its hard to beat those numbers.

Week of 1/24

I didn't get around to doing this last week so here goes nothing. All info (records, etc.) on teams comes from this site so don't be mad at me if it is wrong.

1. Middleton 16-6 No doubt the frontrunner from the west. Had a good week with a win over Fayette Acad. and good Adamsville team. Loss to Bolivar doesn't hurt them. Easy week this week with TCA and Scotts Hill.

2. Middle College 9-7 Continued its perfection of a loaded district with a close one against Halls. Loss to Westside doesn't mean much. Tough week this week with Bradford and then a trip to Lake Co.

3. Trenton 16-6 OK week with a close one to Greenfield and a win over South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Fulton</a>. Home loss to Lake Co. hurts though. Probably the biggest game for them this week is against Halls but everyone is looking foward to West Carroll.

4. West Carroll 18-1 Continues its assualt on a weak district with wins over Clarksburg, and Bruceton. Has Carroll Academy and then a game against Trenton which if they win can (not will) make a believer out of me and a lot of others.

5. Greenfield 13-6 Played like a postseason contender this week in wins over McKenzie, Lake Co. (20 pts!!) and a two point loss to Trenton. Big district game this week with Dresden and then Huntingdon on Thurs.

6. Lake Co. 14-9 Wins over South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> and I believe Gleason (no score reported), a 20 point loss to Greenfield hurts but a win last week at Trenton made me a believer. Dyer Co. early this week and then a big one against Halls and an even bigger one against Middle College at home.

7. JCS 13-6 Beat DCA and then took care of Dist. business in a win against Scotts Hill. The big loss to Middleton makes me wonder about them. In town rivalry week for them as the play USJ and TCA.

8. Adamsville 11-6 Losing to USJ hurts them worse than the loss to Middleton. This week they have Hardin Co., a big district game against Madison Magnet, and another one against Fayette. Those two games have district tournament seedings on the line.

9. Halls 9-8 Good wins over Dresden and Dyer Co. but a close loss to Middle College. A win over Trenton or Lake Co. this week would do them a huge favor in the district standings.

Tie 10. Madison, Dresden, and South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> All three have below 500 records but Madison is third in a pretty good district, and I still believe Dresden and SF are going to give someone a run for thier money come tournaments.

825534356[/snapback]

Looks pretty good to me thumb