MLK @ Greenbrier

Yankees Are #1

I can't believe that a guy that has been in the business as long as Doc has would still allow fans to get at him the way he obviously did last week. I mean come on, who says something like, "You're in the hood now" or "Go get back on your tractors"? What kind of example is he setting there? I respect Doc Shelton as a coach and have always admired the discipline that his team plays with. His kids buy into his antics and system and that is what makes this scary. I hope they do not follow his lead on this one the way they seem to follow everything else that he does.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe that a guy that has been in the business as long as Doc has would still allow fans to get at him the way he obviously did last week.  I mean come on, who says something like, "You're in the hood now" or "Go get back on your tractors"?  What kind of example is he setting there?  I respect Doc Shelton as a coach and have always admired the discipline that his team plays with.  His kids buy into his antics and system and that is what makes this scary.  I hope they do not follow his lead on this one the way they seem to follow everything else that he does.

825546571[/snapback]

It would be interesting to see how Johnny Lee would have developed after 4 years under another coach.

Well I came out of the "hood" and into the country just to see MLK shine again and come out with the W. 35-31. The Royals came into Bobcat Country seeking this win to "clinch-- knock on wood" the 8AA regular season title. MLK's defense early on and both teams poor shooting lead to an 11-10 halftime score. But the second half was all MLK once leading by as much as 8 they crusied for the third and most of the fourth. A couple easy layups allowed the Bobcats to come back within one, but with the Royals in the bonus and looking good at the line there was nothing Greenbirer could do.

As the whole Doc sitiuation goes, you all simply played into his hands by making such a huge deal out of it. Even with all the "drama" you put behind it, you still took the loss. Oh and by the way, I would like to say that Greenbirer's fan base was a real "class act". I mean I am all for you shouting what you want at players, but when you go as far as to make a sign that reads "Put down the dream" making refrences to race and Dr. Martin Luther King, you cross the line. I guess that you can talk all you want about Doc saying what he said, but can't step up and show class yourselves.

See you in the "hood" for the tournament, LOOKING TO GO THE BIG 3-0 VS. THE BOBCATS...

BIG BEN

Well I came out of the "hood" and into the country just to see MLK shine again and come out with the W.  35-31.  The Royals came into Bobcat Country seeking this win to "clinch-- knock on wood" the 8AA regular season title.  MLK's defense early on and both teams poor shooting lead to an 11-10 halftime score.  But the second half was all MLK once leading by as much as 8 they crusied for the third and most of the fourth.  A couple easy layups allowed the Bobcats to come back within one, but with the Royals in the bonus and looking good at the line there was nothing Greenbirer could do.

As the whole Doc sitiuation goes, you all simply played into his hands by making such a huge deal out of it.  Even with all the "drama" you put behind it, you still took the loss.  Oh and by the way, I would like to say that Greenbirer's fan base was a real "class act".  I mean I am all for you shouting what you want at players, but when you go as far as to make a sign that reads "Put down the dream" making refrences to race and Dr. Martin Luther King, you cross the line.  I guess that you can talk all you want about Doc saying what he said, but can't step up and show class yourselves. 

See you in the "hood" for the tournament, LOOKING TO GO THE BIG 3-0 VS. THE BOBCATS...

BIG BEN

825547552[/snapback]

Are you Doc,s P.R. guy?

This was a great game by both teams and alot better actions by the fans from both sides. GB might have made some racial comments but not any more than Doc did last time. Yeah, there were a few signs but you should have expected that and just ignored it like you told us to ignore Doc. Let's not ruin such a good game talking about a few things that went on in the stands which wasn't even near as bad as last time and alot better this time than it could have been.

Highly defensive game by BOTH teams, especially in the first half. Both teams had to take forced shots and off balanced shots bc of the defensive pressure and help by both teams. The second half(definitely not all MLK) had a little more offense with Johnny Lee hitting a few threes for MLK and GB getting the ball inside and breaking the press for layups(I wouldn't say they were easy layups that kept us in the game, that was what we wanted to do and were able to be patient enough to do it). Plus, MLK won the 3rd quarter by 4 so I wouldn't say they cruised. Of course they did get up by eight with a few 3's by Lee but GB was able to cut it back down. MLK just did a good job of hitting their free throws in the end to keep it at 4-6 points and leaving no way for GB to come back.

The big 3-0 vs the Bobcats, huh :lol: ...we'll see. I would love to play MLK again, hopefully in the district championship...we'll see what happens... thumb :D

MLK cruising was all because Shelton let Johnny Lee off the leash in the 3rd quarter.  He probably had almost all of their points in the 3rd and the first of the 4th!!

825547690[/snapback]

I still wouldn't say they cruised...just hit a few shots which is what GB did to get back into the game, so I thought it was pretty even in all 4 quarters and both halves.

Edited by catsbball1