TMSAA Area II Small--GIRLS @ Scott High

TheAnswer9

I'm like theanswer9 im ready for some hoops. I have watched oakdale play and they r playin better then they were during the season and tourny. Huntsville was a good team and had strong guards. Wartburg will , in my oponion, will beat oakdale unless oakdale can not think bout hte previous times they played. I watched fairview play huntsville last week if they keep the ball moving and SHOOT they will make it close. Onieda is still my pick though with their team they will probley win it all. BUT wartburg is my pick to win i got to stay faithful to the morgan county love.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st SEMI-final game results are in:

Oneida 28, Fairview 21

Fairview led 6-4 at the end of one.

Oneida led 12-6 at the break. The Lady Indians press got some quick points.

Oneida led 16-8 at the end of three.

Oneida won 28-21. Trailing 19-8, the Lady Rebels cut it to 25-21 with about 45 sec left, but.....

Wartburg held Oakdale scoreless in the 1st, building a 6-0 lead.

But....you know that the Lady Eagles didn't go easily:

At the half, Oakdale had trimmed their deficit to 4pts, Wartburg led 12-8

Oakdale trimmed another point of their deficit in the 3rd: Wartburg 19-16

**The Lady Eagles had cut it to two points at 16-14

Wartburg was pretty much money down the stretch from the stripe in winning 28-23. Oakdale had a couple of chances to knot things up at 26-26, but...came up short before the Lady Dogs iced the contest!!

Top 3 ADVANCE:

1. Oneida

2. Wartburg---Will host Area 4 3rd place team

3. Fairview--Will travel to Area 4 2nd place team

Oneida 29, Wartburg 21

But...don't let the score fool you my friends.

Oneida jumped out to a 11-7 lead after one.

By the half, Oneida led by 2pts, 14-12.

Wartburg actually battled back to knot the game up at 19-19 heading into the 4th

And in the 4th, Oneida pulled away from the stripe to win by 8pts, 29-21

And in the CONSI: All I know is Fairview won by 3pts or so over Oakdale

What a marvelously entertaining womens tournament. The teams were all giving great effort to win the thing, and Coach N's girls just happened to be the last one standing. Wartburg was ready in the championship game and they will be a tough match-up for anyone. Fairview got revenge over Oakdale in the consulation game and they, too, could still go to Pigeon Forge with a victory this week. The Lady Indians were much sharper in the Championship game last year, but their defensive effort has to be applauded, as they continuely kept teams from opening up significant leads until their offense got going. Three quarters they held their opponents to 2 points and one quarter they shut them out, in their three tournament games. :D Kaz :) can clearly state that the Lady Indians won this one on the defensive end of the floor. Good luck in Pigeon Forge!

thumb Kaz thumb

Oneida will open the Sectional tournament against the winner of Area 1's #2/Area 3's #3(Wearwood). The game is Monday Night beginning 6:15 at Catons Chapel. The Lady Indians are bracketed with always tough Oliver Springs, lead by Katie Christopher. The girls are eager for the rematch should it occur, in the semi's. Should be another exciting Sectional Tournament again this year. Go Big Orange!

thumb Kaz thumb