Is Bailey going to play college ball?

WishIWasABaller

I wasnt very impressed with Bailey when isaw him but i could tell he could stroke it. I can also see why UTC might want him. They lack outside shooting. They will probably have to change their system a little when Bailey is ready to play because i think he will have trouble getting open so they will have to try hard to get him shots. And saying he is quick and has handles is in reguard to A ball i agree if he played in Memphis or the caliber athletes at UTC he would just be average at both. Those arent his strenghts.. shooting is.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bibb went to tech.

I am not sure where he from originally though.

GOMAD 2 !!!!

You are right, Nathan was not as quick, but he was a better shooter than Bailey though.

I dont think Bailey or Aaron could have played with Jimmy Miller from Livingston around 97...he was the real deal...built bout like bailey in high school and put on good weight in college....much like bailey will be able too if he isnt to lazy.... :rolleyes::o:o:huh:

I agree maxout...

Bailey really surprised me this summer against some great athletes as to how quick he was... He made some moves against the athletic D-1 guards of Alabama Challenge and Alabama Lasers that really shocked me... he's got it in him... He also hit 7 treys against a team out of Miami at nationals...

Bailey is on a tear right now, after re-grouping from the Chattanooga trip, hitting for 34 last night, 25 game before that, and 36 before that... 31.7 ppg in his last 3...

I agree maxout...

Bailey really surprised me this summer against some great athletes as to how quick he was... He made some moves against the athletic D-1 guards of Alabama Challenge and Alabama Lasers that really shocked me... he's got it in him... He also hit 7 treys against a team out of Miami at nationals...

Bailey is on a tear right now, after re-grouping from the Chattanooga trip, hitting for 34 last night, 25 game before that, and 36 before that... 31.7 ppg in his last 3...

825558568[/snapback]

Yes. but do you think he is the player Jimmy Miller was???

Yes.  but do you think he is the player Jimmy Miller was???

825558612[/snapback]

Jimmy Miller was a fantastic offensive player. He was more of a strong slasher. I saw him play in college at Lincoln Memorial University. Bailey is a better shooter and has point guard skills and is a better defender. Jimmy was one of the strongest high school players that I have ever seen. His defense was not something to behold. I think Bailey is the better all-around player and will be a steal for a low D-1 or major D-2. I love his game. Great range out to 28 feet and great court vision and he is an above average defender who will take the charge.

Sorry, first time I have checked the boards in a few days...

Wow... almost too much ignorance to respond to on one thread!!!  :lol:

First off, Joseph Bailey is a heck of a player, and a great team player in an advanced system. He is a superb shooter, one of the purest in the state, but also has very good handles, and is surprisingly athletic... He has range out to 25 feet, but also has a great pull up off the bounce for the midrange J... Joseph also has the type of frame that will be easy to put on added strength in the weightroom in college... Joe does need extra work defensively, but has come a long way within the year, but is the type of hard-worker and shooter that every team needs...

Secondly, congrats to Coach Shulman on a huge 82-59 win over a heavily favored College of Charleston squad last night. With a team that doesn't shoot it well, has very little true post presence, and lacks a true PG, Shulman has done an OUTSTANDING job this season, and has the Mocs in first place in their division...

As for Bailey vs. Nathan Aaron. Let me start by saying that I am a huge Nathan Aaron fan, as he lit our AAU team up from deep on numerous occasions... But there are two main things that sererate the two... 1) Exposure. As good as Aaron was, he lacked the exposure to be seen by Division 1 schools. He ended up at a very good Freed program, and had a great career, before running out of love for playing, and deciding to quit... 2) Quickness. As much as I loved Aaron's game, he was not very quick at all, and really struggled as the year's progressed, to be effective off the bounce. Bailey is very quick for his mold, and has proved it against 6'5 athletic guards all summer long... Both are great players from Pickett co...

Bailey's college recruitment...

#1-UT-Chattanooga... UTC has been to 3 of his game already this year, and is heavily recruiting Bailey...

-UNC Asheville (D-1 out of the Big South conference)

-Lipscomb (D-1 out of Nashville)

-Lafayette (D-1 school in the Patriot league)

-Also different levels of interest from: Austin Peay, Tenn Tech, Oakland University, and Murray State

-Offers from tons of top Division 2 schools, including Auburn University-Montgomery, UAH, Lincoln Memorial, Carson Newman, etc...

Bailey has a healthy load of recruitment that does not include small college ball or juco...

There are too many haters out there for whatever reasons, and his weekend in Chattanooga (vs Temple and Grace) is not a valid representation of his game... For those that still don't believe in his game, email me and I can get you game film of Bailey's 22 points against AL Challenge (Jarvis Hill-Auburn, Jonathon Huffman-Louisville, etc), his 16 points against Top 15 ranked AL Lasers (Yamene Coleman-Clemson, Xavier Keeling-High D-1, also Richard Hendrix's team), or his 25 point outburst at the Hoosier Shootout... Again, these numbers are while coming off the bench behind Richard Delk, Reginald Delk, and Jeff Smith...

Joseph is an outstanding player, an even better kid, and deserves all the good things that are coming his way...

825557144[/snapback]

You are a very smart man! thumb

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know where you get this "lazy" nonsence from!!! He played AAU ball all last summer, and when he wasn't he was running up hills around the lake with weights on his legs, and playing every chance he got. This sounds like something someone jealous from Livingston would say. Joseph is a very hardworking young man, polite and has been a great player for Pickett Co. I saw Miller too. Joseph is much better.

• 3 weeks later...