Camden Jr. High Lady Lions

Lions4ever

:lol:

The Lady Lions took it to the Lady War Eagles of Lakewood last nite 37-26 to become River Conference champs....Cooper had a good scoring nite and defensively the ladies were on it!!....Congratulations to Coach Grant and to all on a great season! GO LIONS!

825561482[/snapback]

:lol: congrats are in store for the lady lions,but come on folks,they should win it every year.they are playing in such a weAk conference its hard to get excited about beating henry,HARRELSON,LAKEWOOD,AND BIG SANDY.THEY NEED TO PLAY REAL COMPETITION LIKE WE DO IN MILAN.PLAY,DRESDEN AND SEE HOW WELL YOU FARE.WHY DONT YOU PLAY HUNTINGDON OR MCKENZIE?IF YOU CAN BEAT THOSE TEAMS,THEN YOU CAN SAY YOU ARE GOOD.THATS WHY YOU CANT WIN IN high school.in hs you play real competition.you should play the teams you are going to play in hsso you will not have so many false hopes for the hs.THIS TYPE OF MENTALITY IS NOT GOOD FOR A HS PROGRAM OR A HS COACH.IF THEY DONT WIN IN HS,THE COACH IS BLAMED,WHEN IN REALITY IT WAS THE PLAYERS FAULT.WITH THIS SAID,congrats on your championship and enjoy it,it will probably be your last. thumb

Edited by carney

:lol: congrats are in store for the lady lions,but come on folks,they should win it every year.they are playing in such a week conference its hard to get excited about beating henry,HARRELSON,LAKEWOOD,AND BIG SANDY.THEY NEED TO PLAY REAL COMPETITION LIKE WE DO IN MILAN.PLAY,DRESDEN AND SEE HOW WELL YOU FARE.WHY DONT YOU PLAY HUNTINGDON OR MCKENZIE?IF YOU CAN BEAT THOSE TEAMS,THEN YOU CAN SAY YOU ARE GOOD.THATS WHY YOU CANT WIN IN high school.in hs you play real competition.you should play the teams you are going to play in hsso you will not have so many false hopes for the hs.THIS TYPE OF MENTALITY IS NOT GOOD FOR A HS PROGRAM OR A HS COACH.IF THEY DONT WIN IN HS,THE COACH IS BLAMED,WHEN IN REALITY IT WAS THE PLAYERS FAULT.WITH THIS SAID,congrats on your championship and enjoy it,it will probably be your last. thumb

825561635[/snapback]

Congratulations girls!You deserve to be CHAMPIONS.Dont pay any attention to that carney guy from milan.He's just jealous because Milan cant beat you or win their district.Great job Coach Grant! thumb

Edited by 4THELUVOFTHEGAME

:lol: congrats are in store for the lady lions,but come on folks,they should win it every year.they are playing in such a week conference its hard to get excited about beating henry,HARRELSON,LAKEWOOD,AND BIG SANDY.THEY NEED TO PLAY REAL COMPETITION LIKE WE DO IN MILAN.PLAY,DRESDEN AND SEE HOW WELL YOU FARE.WHY DONT YOU PLAY HUNTINGDON OR MCKENZIE?IF YOU CAN BEAT THOSE TEAMS,THEN YOU CAN SAY YOU ARE GOOD.THATS WHY YOU CANT WIN IN high school.in hs you play real competition.you should play the teams you are going to play in hsso you will not have so many false hopes for the hs.THIS TYPE OF MENTALITY IS NOT GOOD FOR A HS PROGRAM OR A HS COACH.IF THEY DONT WIN IN HS,THE COACH IS BLAMED,WHEN IN REALITY IT WAS THE PLAYERS FAULT.WITH THIS SAID,congrats on your championship and enjoy it,it will probably be your last. thumb

825561635[/snapback]

Give me a break!...they play teams in the conference they are placed in...I don't hear anyone accusing the coach of anything ...no one but you anyway....go back and play in your own conference thread loser!.....Congrats again ladies on an awesome season!

:o

Give me a break!...they play teams in the conference they are placed in...I don't hear anyone accusing the coach of anything ...no one but you anyway....go back and play in your own conference thread loser!.....Congrats again ladies on an awesome season!

825561751[/snapback]

:o what planet are you from?they are in that conference because they choose to be.THE STATE DOES NOT PLACE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOLS IN A CONFERENCE.THEY WANT TO PLAY THOSE TEAMS BECAUSE they keep their confidence up for when they go to high school.AND BY THE WAY,I SAID NOTHING ABOUT THE COACH.I SAID IT IS UNFAIR TO GIVE THESE CHILDREN AND PARENTS SUCH FALSE HOPES OF BEING GOOD IN HIGH SCHOOL.i also said if they dont win they blame the coach and that is not fair.this is how gossip gets started and coaches get fired.peopleIN THE COMMUNITY START SAYING,"I DONT KNOW WHY THEY CANT WIN IN HIGH SCHOOL.THEY WON THE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP IN JUNIOR HIGH."THIS IS HOW GOOD COACHES LOSE THEIR JOBS.when in reality,these junior high athletes have not seen a real athlete until they reach the high school level.stop for a minute and think about what i am SAYING.IS IT FAIR TO GIVE THESE CHILDREN,PARENTS,AND THE COMMUNITY THESE FALSE HOPES? :lol::lol:

'

:o

:o what planet are you from?they are in that conference because they choose to be.THE STATE DOES NOT PLACE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOLS IN A CONFERENCE.THEY WANT TO PLAY THOSE TEAMS BECAUSE they keep their confidence up for when they go to high school.AND BY THE WAY,I SAID NOTHING ABOUT THE COACH.I SAID IT IS UNFAIR TO GIVE THESE CHILDREN AND PARENTS SUCH FALSE HOPES OF BEING GOOD IN HIGH SCHOOL.i also said if they dont win they blame the coach and that is not fair.this is how gossip gets started and coaches get fired.peopleIN THE COMMUNITY START SAYING,"I DONT KNOW WHY THEY CANT WIN IN HIGH SCHOOL.THEY WON THE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP IN JUNIOR HIGH."THIS IS HOW GOOD COACHES LOSE THEIR JOBS.when in reality,these junior high athletes have not seen a real athlete until they reach the high school level.stop for a minute and think about what i am SAYING.IS IT FAIR TO GIVE THESE CHILDREN,PARENTS,AND THE COMMUNITY THESE FALSE HOPES? :lol:  :lol:

'

825561816[/snapback]

Such ignorance....Who is giving anyone false hopes???...They won their conference period end of story.....and I didn't say that the state placed them in the conference they are in....they are in that conference with somewhat local teams I'm sure because of budget constraints....BTW why do you care anyway???...I'm sure that Milan plays teams locally just like Camden does....so what does that prove?....no one has ever blamed the girls b-ball coach that I'm aware of because Camden has usually always had a decent girls team. You don't hear anyone saying anything about why they can't win in high school....I think its great that they won their conference and we as a community expect these girls to be successful in whatever thay decide to do....and if that means high school b-ball then I imagine we'll all be there to cheer them on like we always have and always will. Once again congrats to our girls on a great season....GO LIONS!

Such ignorance....Who is giving anyone false hopes???...They won their conference period end of story.....and I didn't say that the state placed them in the conference they are in....they are in that conference with somewhat local teams I'm sure because of budget constraints....BTW why do you care anyway???...I'm sure that Milan plays teams locally just like Camden does....so what does that prove?....no one has ever blamed the girls b-ball coach that I'm aware of because Camden has usually always had a decent girls team.  You don't hear anyone saying anything about why they can't win in high school....I think its great that they won their conference and we as a community expect these girls to be successful in whatever thay decide to do....and if that means high school b-ball then I imagine we'll all be there to cheer them on like we always have and always will.  Once again congrats to our girls on a great season....GO LIONS!

825561980[/snapback]

I am glad that your 8th grade girls won their championship. However, it will be their last because when they get to high school they will be playing real basketball teams with real talent. When they beat Bolivar and Southside I will gladly congratulate them. Your high school coach has a very tough job ahead of them. The coach will have to introduce these kids to real basketball. Good luck.

I don't know where you get that the camden girls never go on to do anything in high school. They won district 2 or 3 years ago, and always make a run at it and if im not mistaken they are second going into the tournament this year. I know the district is gonna be much tougher next year, but you have to figure in that this is a first year coach who could turn this program into a winner in that district as well.

I don't know where you get that the camden girls never go on to do anything in high school. They won district 2 or 3 years ago, and always make a run at it and if im not mistaken they are second going into the tournament this year. I know the district is gonna be much tougher next year, but you have to figure in that this is a first year coach who could turn this program into a winner in that district as well.

825565242[/snapback]

I agree...the future looks bright for our Lady Lions! thumb

825561751[/snapback]

First of all, congratulations to Camden. In response to the comment that the schools arent placed in a conference, Camden is not a member of TMSAA. Big Sandy, Lakewood, and Henry are. They are in TMSAA Area 6 with Paris Inman, Martin Middle School, Trenton Rosenwald Middle School, Black Oak, Hillcrest, Lake Road, Ridgemont, and South Fulton. They never play in that district. So, Lakewood, Big Sandy, and Henry do have a conference assigned by the state.

Edited by PowerSet