Who will be the teams to beat this year

timbdp

Does Mr. or Mrs. Rice keep the books?

825626316[/snapback]

Yes Mama Rice keeps her own book for recruiters when they request stats on Brittany. She told me Mrs. Mongar keeps the team book. I guarantee you no one scores Brittany harder than her mom. she told me Brittany had an ok weekend and was not at the top of her game against Riverdale. She thinks there might have been 1 earned run. She said she pitched 4 really good innings against Mt. Juliet and they were ahead 1 to 0 when the coach pulled her because her pointer finger and thumb on her pitching hand was swollen and hurt in a previous game batting. She will only get stronger and better the more games she gets under her belt. According to the stats in the free press she struck out 17 in 15 innings and her parents were not happy with that. I bet there are a lot of coaches and players who would love to see a pitcher average over 1 strikeout an inning.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last I heard, Nikki will play for Austin Eagles 18 (Hutchins sp?).  My summer team has played against them the past couple years...great pitcher.  Stacy supposedly bailed out on the Austin Eagles 16 (Pickett) due to lack of pitching time/competition with Holly Thomas (Ootlewah) and Kaitlin Holloway (GPS).  Holly is the real deal and may put Ooleway over the hump.  The Rice/Thomas combo on the mound will likely give trouble to most in Chatt.....Maybe the best combo in the state?  The Holloway twins (soph), plus new fresh (Phillips, Chester, Cambell) should make GPS a top 4 at state this year.

825569193[/snapback]

Does anyone know who Fairbanks is playing with in the summer. Rumor is that she didnt quit, but Pickett kicked her off the team for no apparent reason-- some say parents were upset because Stacy would be getting more pitching time than the others. What's the real deal there?

Does anyone know who Fairbanks is playing with in the summer. Rumor is that she didnt quit, but Pickett kicked her off the team for no apparent reason-- some say parents were upset because Stacy would be getting more pitching time than the others. What's the real deal there?

825628491[/snapback]

Stacey is a great kid, many parents did not want her to go, including the parents of the pitchers (that I know). She did a good job for the Eagles last summer when Thompson and Holloway were both out with surgery recovery. Pickett cut her because he has Thomas (Ooltewah), Holloway (GPS), and Flores (LFO), all healthy. There is a lot more to the story but no need to discuss it here on the boards, other than saying, yes, there were "reasons" and good ones. Never believe everything you hear, especially coming from the "cut side of the rope".

Stacey is a great kid, many parents did not want her to go, including the parents of the pitchers (that I know).  She did a good job for the Eagles last summer when Thompson and Holloway were both out with surgery recovery.  Pickett cut her because he has Thomas (Ooltewah), Holloway (GPS), and Flores (LFO), all healthy.  There is a lot more to the story but no need to discuss it here on the boards, other than saying, yes, there were "reasons" and good ones.  Never believe everything you hear, especially coming from the "cut side of the rope".

825628971[/snapback]

I know the kid and the team (Austin Eagles). From my experience, the team and coaches has always made it known their desire for competitiveness. The goal is a nationally competitive team....with the team above the individual players. It seems harsh....but all to often it is reality. Some kids and parents don't like it, especially if on the "cut side"... but as long as everyone is honest and up front from the get go....then it is fair enough. This is a HUGE pressure for the girls....but pushes them to their potential.....everyone working to maintain their postition...(kind of like real life). If you are looking for fairness and equal time.....Competive "A" ball is not the place to be!

I know the kid and the team (Austin Eagles).  From my experience, the team and coaches has always made it known their desire for competitiveness.  The goal is a nationally competitive team....with the team above the individual players.  It seems harsh....but all to often it is reality.  Some kids and parents don't like it, especially if on the "cut side"... but as long as everyone is honest and up front from the get go....then it is fair enough.  This is a HUGE pressure for the girls....but pushes them to their potential.....everyone working to maintain their postition...(kind of like real life).  If you are looking for fairness and equal time.....Competive "A" ball is not the place to be!

825629085[/snapback]

coach23,.....well said....coaches, especially in the summer leagues dont coach for their health. they truely want to succeed, because they know the more the team succeeds, the better chances the players have at getting scholarships. so if one peron is a problem player, or not a team player, or doesnt necessarily want to play at the highest competitive level, regardless of how good she is, will not be chosen. College coaches look for 3 things in a player. Attitude, grades, and ability. If a girl is lacking in any ot those areas, she will not be recruited by the better programs.

What do u think about REd Bank?

825635077[/snapback]

Really inconsistent, and from the article about the Soddy game, it seems they let one play really get then out of their game, bad call or not (disputed interference call). I could see them finishing second in the district at least, still.