TMSAA East (Small School) Sectional...

TheAnswer9

72 bear,

If you have something to say why don't you just say it? But I think you are wrong about any one on the Oneida team being selfish or going to the other side away from Laxton or Slaven. I agree that they are both very good players but they were never overlooked intentionally on the offensive end of the floor. I believe that the only reason that Oneida went as far as they did was because they played as a TEAM.

PS: I would be willing to bet that Laxton touched the ball on at least 75% of Oneida's possessions.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the world of Coach Newport and his players, as well as, the people of Oneida. But...I truly have to wish my dear friend, Coach Sam Bilyeu, and his Lady Cats of Oliver Springs the best of luck.

I may be a transplanted Scott Countian, but.... my veins still have just a trace of purple & gold.

I hope BOTH teams play to the best of their abilities tonight, so...each and every player & TEAM can say they left it out there when the final horn sounds.

As for the prediction:

I'll take OS--I have told goosevol and 32OZCAT what I think the final score will be, but.... if I get on here and say OS by this or that than.....SO, I'll just take OS.

OS vs Wartburg in the C'Ship

BOYS

I want Coach Reed and his Rockwood Tigers to meet up with Coach Day and his Fairview Rebels. Sometimes wants RULE over what I truly believe will happen.

I know that Holston will be a tough opponent for Fairview just as Mary Hughes will be a very worthy opponent for Rockwood.

IF the hot Fairview TEAM shows up, Holston better watch their back or the game will be over. If the streaky Fairview team shows up, then.....it will be close or Holston will win. So....

I was truly sad to hear the Oneida boys lost the other night. I didn't know they didn't have Laxton the other night (I knew he had been injured in the C'Ship game), but....

I would like to congratulate the Indians (that could) on their outstanding season including winning the Area 2 C'Ship.

Mr. Derek Jeffers truly knows I mean this from my heart and I would like to wish ALL of the Indians the best of luck in HS, especially #12--whom I told my wife I thought should have been the MVP, but....this is after all, a TEAM sport.

Go Rebels , I hope they go all the way. I believe the Oneida boys could have went further, but not having Laxton hurt them. He, along with Josh Slaven are very under rated but they both could have been a bigger facter in thier season, especially Laxton if the offense would go to his side of the floor. but unfortunatly for some reason it didn't get over there much!  mmmmmmmmmmm! wonder why! I have my own speculations that some players probably got coached at home! :lol:

825571154[/snapback]

72bear,

I don't know where you get your info, but you must have watched a different team than the rest of world that saw Oneida play this year. As for the coaching at home part, I hope that you're not referring to me. If you are, it's hogwash. This team was unselfish this year and that is the only reason they went as far as they did. Incidentally, if you want to look at the stat line, Laxton took more shots than anyone else during the tourney at Scott High. And that is the way it should be. He was one of the best shooters in middle school this year.

I have tried to coach my son at home, though. I have had him work on ball handling, shooting, passing, and defense. But for you to ellude to something about a parent telling their son to keep it away from Laxton is insulting and down right dumb. If I had any indication that my son were doing such a thing, his basketball playing days would be finished. Since my son did play point guard this year for Oneida, I can only assume you were referring to him. You know, the kid that led the team in assists and took the ball to both sides of the floor an equal number of times to try to win games.

I am a Christian and try to act in a Christian manner, but it's hard to do when someone talks about your son in a manner like this. When I first saw this post, I was furious. But, I calmed down and realized this person has no clue and might be a kid spouting off about something he/she is ignorant of. Coach Steve Jeffers of Oneida called his PG "unselfish to a fault" this year. I just think it's degrading for someone to get on here and spew out insults toward a player(s) when it's just not true.

72bear, I don't know who you are, but I will be praying for you. I hope that you will understand that the discourse you created with this post is not Christian-like and is unfounded.

I was truly sad to hear the Oneida boys lost the other night. I didn't know they didn't have Laxton the other night (I knew he had been injured in the C'Ship game), but....

I would like to congratulate the Indians (that could) on their outstanding season including winning the Area 2 C'Ship.

Mr. Derek Jeffers truly knows I mean this from my heart and I would like to wish ALL of the Indians the best of luck in HS, especially #12--whom I told my wife I thought should have been the MVP, but....this is after all, a TEAM sport.

825571275[/snapback]

Answer,

Thanks for the post. And, yes, it is a team sport. Winning the C'ship is all these boys wanted.....the individual awards really never came into their thoughts. It showed in their play that they were a TEAM when the only player to score in double figures in the tourney was Dalton Newport, who didn't make the All Tourney Team. The points were spread out and about even throughout the tourney. It's too bad someone can get on here and mar the play of someone with comments like someone else decided to put on here (see 72 bear).

But, again, thanks for the post. This team and #12 had a great year. thumb

72 bear,

If you have something to say why don't you just say it? But I think you are wrong about any one on the Oneida team being selfish or going to the other side away from Laxton or Slaven. I agree that they are both very good players but they were never overlooked intentionally on the offensive end of the floor. I believe that the only reason that Oneida went as far as they did was because they played  as a TEAM.

PS: I would be willing to bet that Laxton touched the ball on at least 75% of Oneida's possessions.

825571187[/snapback]

Thank you gsj. I didn't read your post before I posted a message in response to 72bear. I am glad at least one other person watched the same team I did this year. I probably took the post too personal, but I really did feel it was aimed at an innocent person (my son).