Volunteer Falcons Baseball

Pitcher99

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this team could surprise some people and be in the upper tier of the Watauga but there are a lot of ifs. We lost a lot of run production from last years bunch so we are going to have to be very sound defensively, I think we can do that. We are going to have to score runs when we get the opportunities. We have pretty good team speed so we'll probably have people moving pretty regular on the base paths (hit and runs and bunting to move people around into scoring position).

Pitching wise our #1 (Smith) is capable of winning everytime he steps on the field. He needs to stay real tuned in because his outings will be very important. I believe he will do that and have a big year. Green, Seal, & McMellan need to step up and be our 2,3,& 4 guys (in any order). Green had some good outings last year and I expect he could be our #2 man. Seal could be the surprise guy of the year (a lefty). And when McMellan stays focused on his pitching he can be as good as anyone on the staff.

Key Returning Starters: Fleming, Frazier, And Smith ( All- Conference players in 2003 and 2004, Fleming All-State 2003)

Other players to watch: IF Justin Green, Matt Fleenor, Corey Eidson, OF Brian Morelock, Matt Parker, and Anthony Fields C Brandon Williams & Eidson DH & OF Dustin Roberts.

Eidson, Morelock, Green and Williams were parttime starters last year.

Maybe the biggest thing for this team is leadership. Fleming, Frazier, and Smith HAVE to show leadership on and off the field. These three have been three year starters and if they lead this bunch in a positve way these other guys will step up and do a great job and this team will be very successful. I believe all three will do that.

Other keys are Fleming moving from 2nd to SS fulltime (played Short part-time in 2004, Frazier getting in baseball shape after basketball, and Roberts getting back from injury as quickly as possible (we need Jacob and D-Robs stick in the lineup)

GO FALCONS ! GOOD LUCK IN THE UPCOMING SEASON!

Edited by DandDD

Hey Blue devil .... u think just because u have baxter back that u all will go to state....you have 2 good players..Corn and Whitson....yes baxter is a really great coach but if the team blows like ur does then it doesnt matter who the coach is....i mean baxter cant play for u....he can just run ur balls off. Its gonna suck for yall after every game when yall lose...because ull be gettin ur butt chewed by ur all mighty coach.....to bad ur team stinks big balls. thumb

What kind of name is big blue man anyways....does it stand for blue balls? or are can u just not get any so u have to use ur hand to much.

peace to the big blue BALLS.

825570596[/snapback]

Most of the time your mom is the one giving me blue balls!!! And besides we have more than just 2 good players, Whitson and Corn thats not it. We have Peterson, Scott, Coachran, Tolley, White, Harris. Who cares if you all shut us out at your place, hey WHO MADE IT TO SUBSTATE??????