Any Standout Players this year?

GoldBasketball

I'm trying to remember if Clark is still there. I don't have my notes here. If he is then Vanzant would be 2nd behind Clark. I think I have the names mixed up so I'm not going to say anything else about this untill i check this out.

825612844[/snapback]

After checking my notes this morning I having A. Clark as #1 in your school. Not Vanzant. Sorry my mistake. That would make it Cox, Brumit, Clark as the top 3 with St. louis the runer up to 3 a tight one if he pans out the way i see it. But there is the the youth factor. his age may lose matches for him. We will see. Season starts Tue.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Matt Dyer and Antonio Cummings team from Marshall county looks like they should win the state doubles title this year and they have an up and coming Sophmore this Year named Vance Wallace that could cause some problems in the Region and State tournaments but he still needs to mature alot

Matt Dyer and Antonio Cummings....ask them if they have ever been to the Racquet Club in Mboro...think i remember talking to a couple of guys from marshall county one time

825614017[/snapback]

Yeah all three have played up there before Antonio hit with some guy from Seigle up there and that is all I know about them being up there that and Antonio said the Seigle guy would have killed him

Edited by liveit_26

Lets talk tennis...To many here talk from school spirit and not talent. After watching most of these players last year I have added players on a watch list for the upcome season.

Curtis Brumit....Cool head under pressure. Knows the game and uses it to his advantage.    My ranking for this player is #2 with a possible 1 in the east. Couching staft ranked #1

Trey Vanzant.... Been around and knows his game. His speed is in question and that drops him in my poll to 3rd or 4th. Couching staft ranked 8th

James Cox...Speed, power and endurance. Best backhand in the east with a power serve. My ranking for this player is #1 as long as he stays consistent and plays his game. Couching staft ranking..7th

C St.louis....Will be the best in a couple years in the east. Not much known about his game but will be fun to watch. Could be state bound by his junior year but will have competition from the newest Brumit. My ranking for this player 4th with a chance of 3rd behind C. Brumit and J. Cox. Couching staft ranked 3rd.

My outlook for this year is simple.

Cox will take 1 as long as he stays consistent in his game without losing his power and head at times. Play your game and stay with it. With be watching for him at state.

Brumit will be tough. He's #1 if he picks up his speed. Will also see him at the top.

Vanzant will play his game but to slow for Cox and Brumit.

St.louis...will be watching your game this year. Don't rely on your foot speed but stay in your game.

825605227[/snapback]

It'll be tough for St.Louis to be as competitive as people are picking him to be.He plays football and basketball so is taken up all year until tennis and hasn't had time to practice.I don't think he is even the best player on central anymore.I think once he gets back into the flow of the game and gets his practice in he might be where you are predicting him to be,but until then he might only be playing 5 or 6 or maybe just on doubles.

Finally someone that thinks different about St. Louis, see i dont understand why people are making a freshman the best in east tennessee, when he haven't played noone in this conference yet. Before someones plays them and the results come out, then you can say what ever you want, but until then its better to just keep stuff to yourselfs. With the upperclass men, yes they can say stuff about them cause they played against each other.

It'll be tough for St.Louis to be as competitive as people are picking him to be.He plays football and basketball so is taken up all year until tennis and hasn't had time to practice.I don't think he is even the best player on central anymore.I think once he gets back into the flow of the game and gets his practice in he might be where you are predicting him to be,but until then he might only be playing 5 or 6 or maybe just on doubles.

825615812[/snapback]

You're right Megahoops. Tennis is a year round sport and you have to play as much as you can. My good friend Adam Cornett, who now plays at Virginia Intermont, gave up basketball his junior year to concentrate on tennis and I think it really paid off. Cox and Brumit both only play one sport and work their tails off. The one kid from Northeast Tennessee I remember playing both and it didn't hurt was Brandon Pike. He played basketball at Elizabethton but the kid was so extremely talented that it didn't matter. I think you have to be dedicated to one sport unless you're just a tremendous athlete.

if these kids are good and serious about tennis they will have a good USTA ranking Trey Vanzant and other noobs don't therefore its kinda easy to tell when people are getting on here talking up all of their friends

825616230[/snapback]

That is true,if you look at past posts from central kids,they don't take this site as serious as others.St.Louis is ok,but liek I said,he doesn't have as much time as these other kids to work on tennis because he is taken up with sports the rest of the year.He will probably be a good contributer to the central tennis team,but he won't be contending for the state title like these people are saying.