Media Restraint

krichunaka

Remember Michael Landon? Landon suffered, and lost a miserable battle with Cancer. During the traumatic ordeal for him, his family, friends and fans, the "Media" (most of them, Tabloids) continued to print the "Latest," even to the point of predicting the hour of death.

Landon was so distraught that he appeared on the Johnny Carson (Tonight Show) to plead for restraint due to the devastation wreaked upon his wife and children.

Needless to say, the written assault continued ....mercilessly. In fact it increased. They were selling papers, Bottom Line.

There are three Huge Stories here in Carter County. Nothing approaching the Landon story, but significant nonetheless. But they are a little "Sensitive in Nature."

All of these stories concern Coaches. One is a cause for Celebration; a very nice story. One is a Very Sad story; several people are being hurt. One is a Very Controversial Story. "If word of this leaks out, somebody could get Killed."

Within days, maybe within hours, the Good News story will "leak." It has National Implications. Imagine that. But those "closest to the story" have asked for "a little time."

Within weeks the "Controversial Story" will rear it's ugly head, and your guess is as good as mine.

It might be years, if we ever hear the whole story surrounding the "Sad Story."

So, what to do? Pulitzer Prize? ....or.... Shut up and Wait?

Hey, "coachescorner," You know a good Attorney? :(

Why would you even get on here and start a thread if you don't or won't release the info you know?  Bored? :blink:

825569076[/snapback]

Thanks for asking. And YES, I'm bored. But, you know what, cucry, These tournaments are about to EXPLODE onto the front pages, and things will really get to rocking!

But if this helps: A couple coaches have been Hired.

One coach is on the verge of being FIRED!

....and yet another is about to make a MOVE.

This is all about Dialogue, about opinions, interactions; about questions and answers.

And it is often about provocation. I hope you're interested.

And thank you very much, Mr. Denny Crane.

Thanks for asking.  And YES, I'm bored.  But, you know what, cucry, These tournaments are about to EXPLODE onto the front pages, and things will really get to rocking!

But if this helps:  A couple coaches have been Hired. 

One coach is on the verge of being FIRED!

....and yet another is about to make a MOVE. 

This is all about Dialogue, about opinions, interactions; about questions and answers. 

And it is often about provocation.  I hope you're interested. 

And thank you very much, Mr. Denny Crane.

825570465[/snapback]

If somebody is fixing to be fired, you better have good reason, because I will be on your doorstep beating down that door. If anybody needs an attorney...

I'm Denny Crane

Actually, since you mentioned it Lynchmob, that is yet another story all together. Coach Chambers is content to stay put at Unaka; but his name has surfaced in Several different schools - both Boys and Girls teams. As of Tuesday night he said he is happy still being a Ranger. But suffice it to say, he will be offered a higher-paying job. But I'll assure you he is going nowhere, soon, unless he gets to take a well-earned visit to Murfreesboro.

Denny, I'm not able to fire anybody. In fact, I can't afford to fire myself. My replacement would be more qualified, and much better at what I do, and would no doubt expect to be paid Much more.

cucry, I was reviewing some of the articles I've written, but have been asked to sit on. My site, and our little Weekly have sat near-empty for over a week, due to the lack of "official" information. We're not a millionaire publishers who could ever tolerate an Inevitable lawsuit, so this has to play itself out. I'm a little frustrated with it, but the people involved assure me, and others, that they will speak out very soon.