TSSAA DON'T CARE

NXT TOUR

I think if you read the rule that the Tssaa are governing body  came up with it said a gym must hold 1000 people there for the Tssaa has came up with this  rule not the schools not each district but Tssaa so there for it is thier responsibility  to see that this happens

825594196[/snapback]

I agree with you and this is an instance when you or your school administration should call their elected board of control representative to inquire as to why this isnt being followed.....

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Size isn't the only factor that should be considered. This year Union county had to drive 3 hours to Unicoi County. The gym is very nice, but the distance is so bad that no fans can come and you get home at 1:30 on a school night and potentially have to go again the next night. A neutral, central place with a large enough gym would make more sense. And the gyms definitely need to be big enough.

Size isn't the only factor that should be considered. This year Union county had to drive 3 hours to Unicoi County. The gym is very nice, but the distance is so bad that no fans can come and you get home at 1:30 on a school night and potentially have to go again the next night. A neutral, central place with a large enough gym would make more sense. And the gyms definitely need to be big enough.

825596006[/snapback]

You are correct. Region 1 has a long drive for people in and around Knox county and Sevier county and Claiborne County.

You need a Passport to get there from here. B)

I agree with you and this is an instance when you or your school administration should call their elected board of control representative to inquire as to why this isnt being followed.....

825595322[/snapback]

Guess a civics lesson on representative forms of government is in order out at the Capital of Morgan Co. huh sportster? Sometimes things happen and if not reported to the governing authority, the offending person gets away with it. If Greenback does not meet the rule requirement which is 1000 seats at 18 inches per seat then maybe the TSSAA needs to be notified, for all that is known they were told it qualifies w/o looking into it. If they did then the rule should be nullified to allow all schools to host the district when it is their turn.

I guess a neutral site would be ok in the Metro areas.

Here in the rural areas, we prefer a CENTRAL site.

I contend that as long as the officials are neutral, most players get a better adrenaline rush in front of a packed house of anybody's fans, than a large house with nobody's fans.

It takes me as long to drive from my home in Campbell County to Unicoi County, as it takes to drive to Chattanooga or Nashville, but I would rather see the teams play in Unicoi County because the fans there care about the outcome.

The long bus ride is something that only rural teams take for granted on a daily basis. It's only right that occasionally that bus ride will end up at their home court, regardless of it's capacity.

The TSSAA needs to remember that not all school systems can afford a new facility every time a new mandate is presented. Some are trying to find the money for both transportation, and classroom concerns.

The TSSAA folks I have talked with could give a hoot if we tossed a coin to determine who represents each region in the State Tournament. It's only at the state level that they become concerned anyway.

This shouldn't be about the TSSAA, it should be about the athletes that participate!

Well, Greenback is taking the first 1000 people and then shutting the doors. For one thing, I don't think that they can hold 1000 people. For another thing people might not leave after the first game. If this happens, then all of those fans that are there to support there team travel that far just to have to be locked out of the gym. Is that fair?

If you don't have the facilities you should not be allowed to host. That should go for football and basketball. I have taken long drives to watch Harriman play ball only to end up at a sorry gym that seats 300-500 and those were gone 2 hours before game time. I have been to football playoff games where the home sides were aluminum roll around bleachers, visitors side was the beds of pickups, and the cow pasture errr "field" had a rope around it, or there is no room and people stand on the field seen that twice. In all seriousness, I really worry about safety in some of these very old gyms. If a fire was to start in one and the way we cram ourselves into these places it could be tragic. They need to find a neutral court if they can if not rotate between the schools that can handle it and divide the money between all. Roane State would a good place to have it at, but Harriman's gym is quite a bit larger if I am not mistaken. I would expect them to take a look at these old gyms the way they did some of the old football fields and see them condemned.

I guess a neutral site would be ok in the Metro areas.

Here in the rural areas, we prefer a CENTRAL site.

I contend that as long as the officials are neutral, most players get a better adrenaline rush in front of a packed house of anybody's fans, than a large house with nobody's fans.

It takes me as long to drive from my home in Campbell County to Unicoi County, as it takes to drive to Chattanooga or Nashville, but I would rather see the teams play in Unicoi County because the fans there care about the outcome.

The long bus ride is something that only rural teams take for granted on a daily basis. It's only right that occasionally that bus ride will end up at their home court, regardless of it's capacity.

The TSSAA needs to remember that not all school systems can afford a new facility every time a new mandate is presented. Some are trying to find the money for both transportation, and classroom concerns.

The TSSAA folks I have talked with could give a hoot if we tossed a coin to determine who represents each region in the State Tournament. It's only at the state level that they become concerned anyway.

This shouldn't be about the TSSAA, it should be about the athletes that participate!

825596352[/snapback]

Are you saying that if that long bus ride ends at a gym where Mom and Dad can't get in to see Jr. play his final game, that is ok?

I agree if they aren't going to help fund the schools to get a bigger gym, then it needs to be played at a neutral site, Districts, Regionals, and SubState.

That's another one of the T$$AA way of helping their buddies

825573811[/snapback]

Just curious, but how does this help their buddies and who are the buddies you are speaking of?

Just curious, but how does this help their buddies and who are the buddies you are speaking of?

825597710[/snapback]

They dont know what buddies.... This is the most uninfromed thread I have ever seen... I understand the comments about the gym size policy and it should be looked into... But from there on everything else is pretty much fabricated crap!!!

They dont know what buddies.... This is the most uninfromed thread I have ever seen...  I understand the comments about the gym size policy and it should be looked into...  But from there on everything else is pretty much fabricated crap!!!

825597766[/snapback]

Are there not times that it is all you can do not to reply to a post that "YOU ARE AN IDIOT"?