TSSAA DON'T CARE

NXT TOUR

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for last yr at Rockwood it was way to hot for people and ball players. If I go to watch a game my kids are playing in I would like a seat . Alot of people didnt get one there.

This yr at Wartburg there was enough seats and people still stood at the one end. But alot of people like to stand. Last yr at Rockwood I didnt even see any empty seats and they were packed in there too.

It got hot at Wartburg to except they opend the vents and turned the fans on at half time and in between games. Didnt seem to hurt their floor.

Having games at small schools is just wrong. Because everyone who wants to come out and support their team deserves to get in and sit down if they want to.

Last yr at Unaka was awful. I dont think anyone got turned away at our game but the seating was awful. I would have hated to have drove that far and been told I couldnt go in and its a 3-4 hr drive.

Lets just blame the war in Iraq on the TSSAA also.... Each school has a vote for a member of the Board of Control of the TSSAA, if it is as bad as you say then it seems that all of the schools would demand change.... BUTTTT it never seems bad enough to happen, go figure!! All of the schools realize the financial demands to operate an organization like the TSSAA so they dont really get as upset as some of the parents who just have to gripe about something.... Johnny isnt getting to play enough... It cost $5.00 to get in a game..... Etc. Etc.

G R O W U P

Lets just blame the war in Iraq on the TSSAA also....  Each school has a vote for a member of the Board of Control of the TSSAA,  if it is as bad as you say then it seems that all of the schools would demand change.... BUTTTT it never seems bad enough to happen,  go figure!!  All of the schools realize the financial demands to operate an organization like the TSSAA so they dont really get as upset as some of the parents who just have to gripe about something....  Johnny isnt getting to play enough...  It cost $5.00 to get in a game.....  Etc. Etc.

G R O W    U P

825592150[/snapback]

Have you ever been told that you could not go in to watch a family member play a ball game if not don't put your two cents in

Make it Neutral

825575878[/snapback]

Neutral is a bad choice, and disinterested is a better word to describe it.

Most of you won't like my idea, but I have seen it work in Kentucky's 13th region the last couple of years, and it's not so bad. Clear the gym between boys games!

It costs the fan who wants to see all games more, but that is a souce of additional revenue for the schools, who each get a slice of the total gate.

Gym size doesn't become an issue because there are primarily two sets of fans at each game instead of four or eight. Most people only come to see their team play, and only stay because it's free for all of the other games.

It's sad, but you don't have Gym size problems on "Ladies Night". The girls play just as hard as the boys, but we are always drawn to the up tempo high flying boys action. I know of several instances where the best 3 point shooting, and highest per game scoring average is by a girl.

On mixed gender tournament nights, we could probably give you a two-fer, and only clear the gym every other game.

Have you ever been told that you could not go in to watch a family member play a ball game if not don't put your two cents in

825592638[/snapback]

To late I put a quarter in.... Talk to your school and the Board member representing your area about it!! They need to hear these things.

Oh yeah thanks for the warm welcome... You from East Tennessee I bet!

Be cool now sportster, don't go putting a group of folks into one category cause you don't like one person 'tude.

Clinton I know you all will put on a great tourney, don't let the fact that an OR Commish voted against you make ya mad at all Ridgers, the fans love the rivalry between the two schools and have a great respect for each other.

thumb

Be cool now sportster, don't go putting a group of folks into one category cause you don't like one person 'tude. 

Clinton I know you all will put on a great tourney, don't let the fact that an OR Commish voted against you make ya mad at all Ridgers, the fans love the rivalry between the two schools and have a great respect for each other. 

thumb

825593260[/snapback]

No Ill Intent Meant!!! Just stating my views on the matter... Just tired of looking at uninformed statements.... Do I agree with everything that the TSSAA and it's governing body does? No I dont... But they are put they are there to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities and I do SUPPORT THAT......

Your geography is a bit off, but to fix that:  Region 1's home games at ETSU, 2 at Thompson-Boling, 3 at the Roundhouse, 4 at Columbia State, 5 at Vol State or Austin Peay depending on who's hosting, 6 at Vandy or maybe Belmont, 7 at Union or UT-Martin, and 8 is already played in the Pyramid (at least in the AA and AAA classes).

825574904[/snapback]

REGION 2 COULD EVEN BE HELD AT OLD STOKLEY ATHLETIC CENTER. THAT WOULD BE GREAT AND WOULD NOT INTERFERE WITH UT ATHLETIC CONTESTS.

thumb Sportster I agree with your position. The TSSAA IS the governing body and you must play by their rules or not play. If you don't like the rule then work to change it, don't whine about it. I have seen the governing body in other states and believe it folks, the TSSAA is a whole lot better than most.

No Ill Intent Meant!!!  Just stating my views on the matter...  Just tired of looking at uninformed statements....  Do I agree with everything that the TSSAA and it's governing body does?  No I dont...  But they are put they are there to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities and I do SUPPORT THAT......

825593439[/snapback]

I think if you read the rule that the Tssaa are governing body came up with it said a gym must hold 1000 people there for the Tssaa has came up with this rule not the schools not each district but Tssaa so there for it is thier responsibility to see that this happens