#4 Pope John plays #5 MBA

#2 Father Ryan plays #7 Swanee

#3 BGA plays #6Middle Tenn Christian

Edited by mason1bball

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is St. Andrews-Sewanee not in the tournment? As for the tournament.......I don't expect a whole lot of drama. I think BA will finnally get their region championship ( lost to Ryan in '03 and BGA in '04 ) and will either meet Ryan or BGA in the finals with the other one winning the consolation game. The only other teams with any prayer of making state would be PJP II or MBA if one of them could pull off the upset over BGA/Ryan in the consolation game. It will be a large surprise if BA, Ryan, and BGA aren't the region's 3 representatives.

Is it true that there's no sub-state this year? If so how would the state tournament work with 9 teams?

So is St. Andrews-Sewanee not in the tournment?  As for the tournament.......I don't expect a whole lot of drama. I think BA will finnally get their region championship ( lost to Ryan in '03 and BGA in '04 ) and will either meet Ryan or BGA in the finals with the other one winning the consolation game. The only other teams with any prayer of making state would be PJP II or MBA if one of them could pull off the upset over BGA/Ryan in the consolation game. It will be a large surprise if BA, Ryan, and BGA aren't the region's 3 representatives.

Is it true that there's no sub-state this year? If so how would the state tournament work with 9 teams?

825576511[/snapback]

Top 3 teams from the West and Middle as well as the top 2 teams from the East qualify for state. This system is much better, as the old "substate" consisted of one game.

Does anyone know the layout of the state format? Example-Do we know whoever finishes number one in the East region will end up playing in state? Or do we know what team the #3 seed in the West will play?

I think the best teams in the state are BA, Baylor, Briarcrest...all of those teams should be number one seeds. The real question is...is a number two seed from the West or East going to get rewarded and have a tough game versus a #1 from the West or Middle?

Does anyone know the layout of the state format? Example-Do we know whoever finishes number one in the East region will end up playing in state? Or do we know what team the #3 seed in the West will play?

I think the best teams in the state are BA, Baylor, Briarcrest...all of those teams should be number one seeds.  The real question is...is a number two seed from the West or East going to get rewarded and have a tough game versus a #1 from the West or Middle?

825576746[/snapback]

Here's how the bracket works this year:

1 Middle vs. 3 West

1 East vs. 2 West

2 Middle vs. 2 East

1 West vs. 3 Middle

From what I understand, the pecking order for each region rotates each year. Last year here's how the bracket ran:

1 East (Baylor) vs. 2 Middle (BA)

1 West (Bishop Byrne) vs. 3 Middle (MBA)

2 East (Knox Catholic) vs. 2 West (Briarcrest)

1 Middle (BGA) vs. 3 West (Christian Brothers)

Ego, good luck to JD in SGA campaigns.

Edited by WesVols