DII Playoffs

mason1bball

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just praying we get another shot at FRHS after the last game. I think Heim can attest to me saying the last time Pope and Ryan played a few of the key calls late in the game went to Ryan when they probobly should not have.

825582061[/snapback]

Pope you might want to worry about BA before you go looking for Ryan. That is unless you have already given up on that one. We will know in a couple of hours.

Just came back from PJP II and BA, BA takes it by around 20, something in the vicinity of 60-40. PJP II played well especially in the third quarter where they cut BA's lead to 3 but inspired by a Tyler Griffin 3 and a huge Brandan Wright dunk BA took control and ended up winning by a comfortable margin. Can't wait for the region chamionship tommorow, but the loser of Ryan/BGA better be careful, PJP II could easily pull the upset in the consolation.

Briarcrest had defeated MUS by 15+ and will face the SBA/ HA winner.

I honestly think the #1 Seed from the West will have better odds to reach the state title...than anyone else....YES EVEN BRENTWOOD ACADEMY. Why? Because I'm counting on Baylor winning their region which should set up a semifinal game of BA versus Baylor. Doesn't mean the #1 team from the West is better...just has better odds of making it to the final.

Edited by TheEgoHasLanded

Briarcrest had defeated MUS by 15+ and will face the SBA/ HA winner.

I honestly think the #1 Seed from the West will have better odds to reach the state title...than anyone else....YES EVEN BRENTWOOD ACADEMY. Why? Because I'm counting on Baylor winning their region which should set up a semifinal game of BA versus Baylor.  Doesn't mean the #1 team from the West is better...just has better odds of making it to the final.

825584914[/snapback]

A BA v. Baylor potential rematch will not be close. If they play, I believe that

Baylor will get to see the real BA in the State tournament. BA played very poorly

in the regular season (for a number of reasons). However, I truly believe that

BA is 20 points better than Baylor and that is not a knock on Baylor. They are

definitely the best team (behind BA) in either the East or Middle regions. BA

let Father Ryan take them down to the wire in their first game and the rematch

was a 44 point blowout.

You never know what will happen during tournament play. Surprises can

occur. However, I think we will see Briarcrest and BA in the State finals.