DII Playoffs

mason1bball

Personally i think that the way BA has to play the 2nd best team in state for Division II in the Semifinals i think that is bogus. Who ever wins that game my prediciton wins the championship. Although the Wright/Bone duo is amazing... the Plavich/Adams duo is quite good also. I say Ba wins by 7 against Baylor in the Semi's and matches up against Briarcrest in the finals and wins that by 12. Lets get some more predictions about the tourny

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i think that the way BA has to play the 2nd best team in state for Division II in the Semifinals i think that is bogus. Who ever wins that game my prediciton wins the championship. Although the Wright/Bone duo is amazing... the Plavich/Adams duo  is quite good also. I say Ba wins by 7 against Baylor in the Semi's and matches up against Briarcrest in the finals and wins that by 12. Lets get some more predictions about the tourny

825590275[/snapback]

I agree. Too bad it isn't a seeded tournament. I think Ryan will get by Briarcrest to reach the final game. Briarcrest has not played a lot of good teams, and Ryan has played a bunch of them.

Being a Baylor student and fan, I have had the opportunity to see almost every game our boys have played. While I do love the pressure our defense can suffocate opponents with, I know that BA is no easy task. I saw them beat us by 2 at home and was sure that I wasn't seeing the Wright that should go to the NBA because he played marginal against Adams's defense in that game. I know that we are gonna have to throw everything we got at Wright and Bone in the semifinal and it will be a thriller so try to go if you can. But I will leave this last piece: Jon Adams can do some great stuff with the ball, but Plavich will need to get hot for this chance at state to be legit. Also, watch out for Dallas Joseph, easily the most underrated player in the region, because he can hit you down low, out-rebound your big men, or hit a quick three. It'll be a thriller.

Itzme...Briarcrest has played a ton of tough teams

Kingsbury, Wooddale (who knocked of White Station), Craigmont, Bartlett, not to mention they've knocked off MUS three times a team that (FRHS has lost to), and they split with CBHS the same thing FRHS did (BCS lost to them when Oher was at the All-American game)...which shows you Oher is very important to the team and might actually be worth that Mr. Basketball.

BCS/ FRHS will be a tough game, but please don't say BCS hasn't played a tough schedule. Should be a good tournament.

Kingsbury, Wooddale (who knocked of White Station), Craigmont, Bartlett, not to mention they've knocked off MUS three times a team that (FRHS has lost to), and they split with CBHS the same thing FRHS did (BCS lost to them when Oher was at the All-American game)...which shows you Oher is very important to the team and might actually be worth that Mr. Basketball.

BCS/ FRHS will be a tough game, but please don't say BCS hasn't played a tough schedule.  Should be a good tournament.

825590544[/snapback]

Your need to place Bartlett, Woodale, and MUS on your list makes my case. And Craigmont? Sure you don't mean the girls team? DII West had a down year this year.

Edited by itzme

BCS/ FRHS will be a tough game, but please don't say BCS hasn't played a tough schedule.  Should be a good tournament.

825590544[/snapback]

Craigmont is 4-16

MUS is 12-13

Bartlett lost to BA by 26 and to a marginal MBA team by 13 -- and they beat Briarcrest in one of their two meetings.

White Station, Wooddale, and Kingsbury are tough opponents, but their presence on a schedule doesn't make that schedule tough when there aren't any other very tough teams.

In contrast, Brentwood Academy has played:

#2 team in Kentucky (Jeffersontown)

#5 team in Indiana (Carmel)

#5 team in California and #23 team in the nation (Mater Dei)

One of East Tennessee's top teams (Science Hill)

Two of Middle Tennessee's top teams (MLK and Giles County)

One of Metro Nashville's top teams (Maplewood)

Four DII state tournament teams (Father Ryan, BGA, Baylor, Knox Catholic)

BA's overall record against the above teams is 11-3, with a 7-0 record against DII state tourney teams and the only losses coming to the out-of-state squads.

Craigmont is 4-16

MUS is 12-13

Bartlett lost to BA by 26 and to a marginal MBA team by 13 -- and they beat Briarcrest in one of their two meetings.

White Station, Wooddale, and Kingsbury are tough opponents, but their presence on a schedule doesn't make that schedule tough when there aren't any other very tough teams.

In contrast, Brentwood Academy has played:

#2 team in Kentucky (Jeffersontown)

#5 team in Indiana (Carmel)

#5 team in California and #23 team in the nation (Mater Dei)

One of East Tennessee's top teams (Science Hill)

Two of Middle Tennessee's top teams (MLK and Giles County)

One of Metro Nashville's top teams (Maplewood)

Four DII state tournament teams (Father Ryan, BGA, Baylor, Knox Catholic)

BA's overall record against the above teams is 11-3, with a 7-0 record against DII state tourney teams and the only losses coming to the out-of-state squads.

825590744[/snapback]

It was really more about Ryan's schedule. Nobody would question BA's this year.