Daytona 500

muffin

Will Gordon mean more when he passes number3 in career wins,don,t like many?

825581719[/snapback]

Nope! No matter what Gordo does or how many races he wins, he will never be considered as good as Big E! Not even close! It's much easier to get to the show as fast as Jeff did when you have a family that is financially able to just pick up and move from California to Indiana just to help you further your racing dream! The kid has never had to work a day in his life, unlike Dale who busted his hump, drove junk, and did without to make it!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope!  No matter what Gordo does or how many races he wins, he will never be considered as good as Big E!  Not even close!  It's much easier to get to the show as fast as Jeff did when you have a family that is financially able to just pick up and move from California to Indiana just to help you further your racing dream!  The kid has never had to work a day in his life, unlike Dale who busted his hump, drove junk, and did without to make it!

825582894[/snapback]

How many would have Dale won if he had not knocked them off the track?

Nope!  No matter what Gordo does or how many races he wins, he will never be considered as good as Big E!  Not even close!  It's much easier to get to the show as fast as Jeff did when you have a family that is financially able to just pick up and move from California to Indiana just to help you further your racing dream!  The kid has never had to work a day in his life, unlike Dale who busted his hump, drove junk, and did without to make it!

825582894[/snapback]

Couldn't agree with you more. Gordon could win 8 championships and still won't come close to being the DRIVER Dale SR. was. Hendrick is a BILLIONAIRE and can buy equipment even the other millionaire car owners can't buy.

OK, first of all, that is a name that has just grown to stick with him, but I now have a new, maybe you will like it better? FLAMING H-MO! As for should have won the title, he didnt so get over it! I am a huge Jr. fan and the main reason is obvious, I was a huge fan of the "good ole boy" from Kannapolis, NC Mr Dale Sr. So if you want to talk about a race car driver, look no further than the Black #3! Yea, Jeff is good, but he will never be half the driver that Dale Sr. was and who knows how many titles he would have if not for his tragic accident!

825581693[/snapback]

Two snaps up for winning the Daytona 500! Why is it that all Dale, Sr & Jr fans question his sexual preference when they finish behind him? The green-eyed monster always shows up from all Earhardt fans whenever Gordon wins.

Not half the driver? You're right at the moment he is 92.1% the driver Dale, Sr was (70 wins vs 76 wins). So, you're right, he is not half the driver, he's better than that.

OMG, muffin, you and I are the fans of the same sports character! :lol:

Go #24!

Who is to say that Dale wouldnt have won 7 races a year over the past 4 years, thats 28 races, then he would have 106 wins and prolly another cup or two! You are basically comparing apples to oranges, sure on paper, Gordon may end up as a better racer than Dale, but we all know that the fact is, Jeff will never touch Dale as a DRIVER nor have half the heart and desire to win! How many times you seen Jeff flip his car several times down the back straight away at Daytona, get in the ambulance, realize that all four wheels were still on the car, get back in the car and finish the race? If you want to look at paper stats, then the movie "miracle" wouldnt exist, the russians were ten times better than the USA, on Paper! How did Boston win the world series? the Yanks were alot better on paper! Yes, Jeff is a good driver, but to try and put him in a class with Big E, is ridiculous! Never has been as good as Dale, and never will! Dale was a driver for what we think of as the blue-collar american, that gets up at 4 every morning and goes to the factory or sawmill or any lower paying job, because that is where Dale came from, he didnt grow up with a silver spoon in his mouth like Gordon and Dale had to work for what he had, it was handed to him on a silver platter! I respect Jeff as a good driver, but I respected Dale for being a great driver and knowing how he came up!

Who is to say that Dale wouldnt have won 7 races a year over the past 4 years, thats 28 races, then he would have 106 wins and prolly another cup or two! You are basically comparing apples to oranges, sure on paper, Gordon may end up as a better racer than Dale, but we all know that the fact is, Jeff will never touch Dale as a DRIVER nor have half the heart and desire to win! How many times you seen Jeff flip his car several times down the back straight away at Daytona, get in the ambulance, realize that all four wheels were still on the car, get back in the car and finish the race? If you want to look at paper stats, then the movie "miracle" wouldnt exist, the russians were ten times better than the USA, on Paper! How did Boston win the world series? the Yanks were alot better on paper! Yes, Jeff is a good driver, but to try and put him in a class with Big E, is ridiculous! Never has been as good as Dale, and never will! Dale was a driver for what we think of as the blue-collar american, that gets up at 4 every morning and goes to the factory or sawmill or any lower paying job, because that is where Dale came from, he didnt grow up with a silver spoon in his mouth like Gordon and Dale had to work for what he had, it was handed to him on a silver platter! I respect Jeff as a good driver, but I respected Dale for being a great driver and knowing how he came up!

825584405[/snapback]

Which one has raced wiyh the best competiton? Sorry with.

Edited by muffin

825584405[/snapback]

Amen!!!

Dale Sr. had to beat R. Petty, Cale Yarlborough, Rusty in his prime, B. Elliott, Allison. What else can you say. Dale SR. had to beat the best competition there has ever been.

825584483[/snapback]

Counting himself that is 6 drivers that was capable of winning a race ,now how many are in position to win every week 10 to 12,I thought so.

Counting himself that is 6 drivers that was capable of winning a race ,now how many are in position to win every week 10 to 12,I thought so.

825585418[/snapback]

Pearson, Waltrip, Gordon, Martin, Kuwicki, Neil Bonnett! The drivers havent gotten any better, the equipment and technology is what has gotten better!