Overton County Girls

HOGEYE21

Congrats to Allons Girls who brought home a A-State Championship & Rickman Girls who fought a good fight for AAA-Runner-up!!!!!! Overton Co. had good group of girls this year. I know a few of them will head off to LA next year. What do you think about our girls comeing back next year??? I have seen a few 6th graders that have cought my attention this year. Allons has Samantha Maya.Samantha is going to be hard to stop, she is a great player. Shawna Hammock, Jaranda Dishman,& I noticed Arial Carr can shoot a good 3 . I think Allison Dailey (5th grader if I'm not wrong) will be a big key player for Allons in the next few years. Rickman has a great teaming coming back. Their team will be mostly 8th graders next year. Bruce( I have no ideal what her real name is) will be a key player for Rickman ...she will have some shoes to fill now that Kilgore is gone. Shelby Taylor & Heather Marshell are both good ball players.The one that really sticks out @ me from Rickman is McKenzie Sells. What a player she started this year as a 6th grader. She really impressed me. I remember her Mom & Dad both playing ball (back in the day). Anyone that remembers them knows where she gets it from. She is fast, a hustler & a great ball handler. This kid is everywhere. I think she will be the next Katrina Beechboard by the time she is a senior. I don't know about LMS .... they have a few players (they had 7 -8th graders) I don't think they will be that strong next year. I think that Chelsey Hammock is good. I know the kid can shoot. She is a little small but so was Megan White. Mallory Mahaney &Tori (don't know her last name) will help out next year. What does everyone think????

Edited by HOGEYE21

Yes you are right..on all of that.. I think that it will be a rebuilding year for LMS..they had no 7th graders this year..there was seven 8th graders and four 6th graders and one 5th grader...but i know their coaches and they will put them to work this summer.. but LA is going to have a pretty good freshmen team next year sounds like B)

Yes you are right..on all of that.. I think that it will be a rebuilding year for LMS..they had no 7th graders this year..there was seven 8th graders and four 6th graders and one 5th grader...but i know their coaches and they will put them to work this summer.. but LA is going to have a pretty good freshmen team next year sounds like B)

825577335[/snapback]

I didn't mean any disrespect to LMS. I just knew they had quite a few 6th graders but I thought the Hammock girl was in 7th grade. Next year might be rough but if these girls keep playing together, 8th grade year may be different. They will have to get some size on them because they will be up against Allons...Samantha, Shawna, Jaranda, Allison, & Arial. Maybe Mahaney,Paul & Hammock will hit a growth spirt. I know the Hammock girls dad & uncle. She comes from an athletic... tall family. Who knows how it will play out next year. I think it is a split between Rickman & Allons. Rickman may have the upper hand because they only lost 1 player.

I didn't mean any disrespect to LMS. I just knew they had quite a few 6th graders but I thought the Hammock girl was in 7th grade. Next year might be rough but if these girls keep playing together, 8th grade year may be different. They will have to get some size on them because they will be up against Allons...Samantha, Shawna, Jaranda, Allison, & Arial. Maybe Mahaney,Paul & Hammock will hit a growth spirt. I know the Hammock girls dad & uncle. She comes from an athletic... tall family. Who knows how it will play out next year. I think it is a split between Rickman & Allons. Rickman may have the upper hand because they only lost 1 player.

825577389[/snapback]

I agree.

Congrats to Allons Girls who brought home a A-State Championship & Rickman Girls who fought a good fight for AAA-Runner-up!!!!!! Overton Co. had good group of girls this year. I know a few of them will head off to LA next year. What do you think about our girls comeing back next year??? I have seen a few 6th graders that have cought my attention this year. Allons has Samantha Maya.Samantha is going to be hard to stop, she is a great player. Shawna Hammock, Jaranda Dishman,& I noticed Arial Carr can shoot a good 3 . I think Allison Dailey (5th grader if I'm not wrong) will be a big key player for Allons in the next few years. Rickman has a great teaming coming back. Their team will be mostly 8th graders next year. Bruce( I have no ideal what her real name is) will be a  key player for Rickman ...she will have some shoes to fill now that Kilgore is gone. Shelby Taylor  & Heather Marshell are both good ball players.The one that really sticks out @ me from Rickman is  McKenzie Sells. What a player she started this year as a 6th grader. She really impressed me. I remember her Mom & Dad both playing ball (back in the day). Anyone that remembers them knows where she gets it from. She is fast, a hustler & a great ball handler. This kid is everywhere. I think she will be the next Katrina Beechboard by the time she is a senior. I don't know about LMS .... they have a few players (they had 7 -8th graders)  I don't think they will be that strong next year. I think that Chelsey Hammock is good. I know the kid can shoot. She is a little small but so was Megan White. Mallory Mahaney &Tori (don't know her last name) will help out next year. What does everyone think????

825577089[/snapback]

Poor little area is just slow on defense.

I couldn't agree more. I watched the games at Allons last night. We were all talking about your post last night and I think you said what everyone else was thinking. I know that there are lots of good players in Overton but you mentioned Mackenzie Sells and Allison Dailey and that caught my attention. Mackenzie and Allison are both GREAT ball players they are TRUE 5th & 6th  graders. Not only are they good basketball players, I have seen both of them play softball. I can tell you they are ATHLETES! The Hammock girl from LMS is Chezney Hammock. Lets just say I know her Dad and Uncle too. This kid has a lot of Heart. She needs to get more confidence in herself.

825581384[/snapback]

so you are saying the other girls are not true 6th graders. well it seems to me that they all are the same age :o