800 question?

anti-todd

Chuili's time proved Daniel's table.  It converts equally.  But, you are right.  The table assumes equitable strengths which aren't always even depending on placing in the cycle.  The table helps illuminate weaknesses, if you can call them that in a case like Bumbi, that can be worked on. 

Not my guide, but Daniels', and it works out pretty closely in most cases. 

By the by, Daniel's table says 1:54 equates to a 4:13 mile or 4:11 1600, I think pretty close to what he ran at state last year.  His 8:49 two mile, according to the chart, equates to a 4:07, probably what he would have run fresh.  All that for what it's worth.

You're right. I didnt have my book in front of me, Bach was probably a better example. But i was a little off on chuilli's times anyway:

B-800 1:53.55 Chiulli, Anthony, 2003, Christian Brothers TN 3

B-Mile 4:14.27 Chiulli, Anthony, 2003, Christian Brothers TN 1

i think those are hs career best

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bach had a hitch in his training though when he played football. I would guess that would affect his strength and throw the book out the window. He was a major talent, and it's a shame he decided to play football when he did.

Interesting stuff. I like this type of discussion on the board.

Was Chuili's time a mile time or a 1600 and where did that come from? TSSAA.org? Just wondering. He's another one with sick talent.

We're heading out to Mobile, so I won't be posting for a few days. The Challenge of Champions awaits.

Bach had a hitch in his training though when he played football.  I would guess that would affect his strength and throw the book out the window.  He was a major talent, and it's a shame he decided to play football when he did. 

Interesting stuff.  I like this type of discussion on the board.

Was Chuili's time a mile time or a 1600 and where did that come from?  TSSAA.org?  Just wondering.  He's another one with sick talent. 

We're heading out to Mobile, so I won't be posting for a few days.  The Challenge of Champions awaits.

825633497[/snapback]

Yeah Bach really hurt himself by playing football his senior year and i believe playing basketball most other years. Personally i think he could have run 4:10 for the 1600 if he had been able to train consistently.

Chuili's times come from the mobile meet his senior year when he won the mile and placed third in the 800. I also think he could have run sub 4:10 if he had trained like he is now. I still think his double at vol indoor was one of the most underated runs in TN history.