Mt. Juliet VS Wilson Central

BIGBOYJR

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! What a game!

I don't know a Mt. Juliet fan that wasn't truly concerned about this game. We have great respect for the Lady Wildcats. WC played one of its best games the night before against Smyrna. No doubt, the return of Williams in the WC lineup has given the team a BIG boost. And playing AT Wilson Central... Well, we anticipated a closer game.

HOWEVER, the Lady Bears simply played up to their potential. And when they play up to their potential, they pretty much steamroll over their opponent. Tonight they were unstoppable.

Congrats, Lady Bears, on a well deserved 9AAA title! And, Lady Wildcats, good game! It wouldn't surprise me if we meet again next week!

This was by far the best game I have seen Mt. Juliet play all year. Wilson Central just didn't seem to have an answer, but it wouldn't have matter tonight the way Mt. Juliet played. Even though this game got out of hand, you would be hard pressed to find four better girls teams in one district anywhere. It was a great District tournament and well run by Wilson Central. Congrats again to MJ and we'll be routing for you all the way.

It was a great District tournament and well run by Wilson Central

Totally agree! Wilson Central puts on a class act sports event. It's a great venue for basketball. Roomy and ready for rivalries! All the personnel was friendly and ready to assist. Great concessions, and they keep 'em moving. You don't even have to miss the game when visiting concessions thanks to closed circuit TV. And, BTW, they have the best deal on popcorn of any gym I've visited. A huge brown paper bag full of buttery stuff!!

Can't wait to go back for the Region Tourny. Thanks, WC!

Well Well Well......i was very imrpessed with MJ and alysha clark....i could sit here and say she is all that they have but someone does have to pass here the ball, she is a great rebounder and was all over the glass....Wilson Central on the other hand might as well have put the freshman team in that was well maybe the worst game ive seen in the short history of the school....though it wouldnt have changed the outcome i would like to say that the officating was terrible i cant believe the tssaa would allow officals like that to call a district championship game they were terrible and if i was coach brandon i wouldnt have gotten just one T on that call when they gave Gassie the offensive foul I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THROWN OUT!!! just terrible.....but we move on now to the region tounry should be a fun one right back at the gorgeous Wilson Central gym.....one more suggesstion though to MJ not to classie to run the score up do you really keep shooting threes when you up big in the forth quarter maybe im just old school but thats not the way your supposed to play, congratulations MJ

the officiating was bad on both sides, it wasnt one way. yes i believe that was a bad call on gassie to give brandon the t. but dont say anything about the officiating because it was bad for both teams and it equaled out in my opinion. and the part about running up the score the subs were in at that point they started making three pointers two by muniz, one by bowman in the 4th quarter. and besides these girls were just having fun. i would almost believe that if the situation were switched that bud would like to run up the score against mj.

I can't see MJ was running the score up. I mean when the subs came in what are they suppose to do? Stand around and run the clock out? I mean if that had been the starters you might have a case but those were subs taking those shots.

I don't think MJ could play much better. Was the best game I've seen them play all year. Congraluations to Alysha Clark for being a finalist for the Miss Basketball award. I've watched that girl play for 3 years and she is Amazing.

On to the Regions now and it should be obvious the first round should be one sided with the exception of the Smyrna vs. Dickson Co. game. This game is a tossup. I think Smyrna has an advantage because they played on the floor last week so I think the first round winners will be MJ, Smyrna, Northeast and WC.

WITH 1 MINUTE LEFT, AFTER WILSON CENTRAL HAD PUT IN ALL THEIR YOUNG PLAYERS MT JULIET DID SUB, AND IN THAT 1 MINUTE THEY DID HIT 3 3'S. MJ'S LAST STARTER WAS PULLED WITH ABOUT 30 SECS LEFT.

CONGRATULATIONS MJ ON YOUR DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP! WILSON CENTRAL -YOU HAVE TO PLAY BETTER THIS NEXT WEEK!