rockwood/wartburg district 4a championship game

JohnDeere22

The tigers and bulldogs split in the regular season with wartburg by 2 at home and rockwood by 7 at home there both great teams and they were co district champions. The only difference is that rockwood lost to harriman 1 time and wartburg lost to oneida. There definately the best 2 teams in the district, and we'll see who will come out on top on saturday good luck to both teams and I wana hear everyone's predictions for the game

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wartburg was throwing up shot's that they couldn't hit any other time besides lastnight dj shannon hit 4 three's and nothing against the kid but he's not that good of a shooter wartburg could've hit full court shot's blind folded lastnight, and the tigers are the best definsive team they've played this year oneida could've played with them but they just gave up. wartburg is good but so is rockwood has the better post game and in definsive games like it's goin to be saturday post play is goin to play a big part. so I'm taking rockwood in a good defensive game,by 5

wartburg was throwing up shot's that they couldn't hit any other time besides lastnight

825586099[/snapback]

No offense to Wartburg, but it's not hard to hit a shot when you don't have a defender within 8 feet of you. The Dawgs hit nine treys last night and not a one of them were contested by Oneida's defenders.

Wartburg is a very good basketball team and they'll be hard to beat on their home court. But Rockwood is also very good and they will show Wartburg a much tougher defense than Oneida showed. I'll take Rockwood in the final minute of the game.

wartburg was throwing up shot's that they couldn't hit any other time besides lastnight dj shannon hit 4 three's and nothing against the kid but he's not that good of a shooter wartburg could've hit full court shot's blind folded lastnight, and the tigers are the best definsive team they've played this year oneida could've played with them but they just gave up. wartburg is good but so is rockwood has the better post game and in definsive games like it's goin to be saturday post play is goin to play a big part. so I'm taking rockwood in a good defensive game,by 5

825586099[/snapback]

Shows how much you know about basketball and a players ability!!! DJ Shannon knocked down a trey or two against Rockwood as did Vespie, Jeremy Shannon and Inman-against the defenders of Rockwood. As you said Rockwoods defense is best or are they??? DJ Shannon forced turn overs against Onedia and Rockwood and scored on them both-he scored from up top and down low. You should not be so jugdemental when it is appartent that you are unable to scout talent when it is before your eyes. DJ Shannon scored 11 points against the best defensive team around- Rockwood. In fact, Wartburg had 4 players in double figures so lets give credit to whom has earne it. DJ Shannon forced steals, and rebounded well, oh did I mention that he received "All Tournament" as did Adam Vespie and Jeremy Shannon-MVP for the year and tournament. Adam Vespie kept your "Payne" in perpestive all night, Melton & DJ kept Hacklery under controll-I could go on and on but I think you get the picture- Unlike you I will give credit to those Rockwood boys- they played hard and well it just wasn't their night. Maybe if they meet again, there will be a different story for the papers but the truth and topic of this reply is that the young Shannon kid is that good- yes he has room to improve but he has some time to do so and after seeing him play in this district tournament, he is and will be a excellant asset to the team of Jeremy Shannon, Adam Vespie, Jason Melton, Travis Nelson, Ray Jenkins and others next year. He is one of the Sophmore to watch in this district. Awesome fan support for all the teams this year- keep it up.

I thought it was surprising to see the older Shannon get MVP. He had a good game against Oneida, but I thought D.J. or Vespie shopuld have got MVP. Jeremy looked a little slow at first aginst Rockwood but played a better second half. I thought any of these three could have been MVP, but I thought the younger Shannon deserved with the way he stepped up.

I thought that Alex Melhorn stepped up tremendously and deserves a lot of credit as well. Furthermore, Travis Nelson plays better defense than the whole starting line up put together.

I would have given the MVP to Adam personally, but what do I know?

D.J.'s turnovers cancel out most of the points he scores, but his steals and long arms keep the game alive when everyone else gives up. He probably deserved the MVP over Jeremy, especially since Jeremy sit on the bench most of the Rockwood game because of foul trouble. Considering that was the big game that counted, hmmm. Adam was firing up shots and playing excellent defense, so I guess they all deserved some type of award.. too bad there's not that many to go around. :o

Edited by truth_will_set_you_free