Region 2 Tournament AAA

DCCATVOICE

That hurt Mocs. that was a cheap one lol.

Original? lol i cant wait to hear your predictions during the games.

You were 1-4 in the Clinton/Powell predictions. the only one you got right was that powell would win at the first of the game. During you were like"the first to 50 will win", Clinton got that 1. I could say some more but that would damper your parade since you did pick the district correctly except for the consolation game, which i believe i predicted that one right.

I dont know if u want any of Fballfever either now. callin him out like that.

see ya at the games. and i am sure you will prob change a couple your predictions by tomorrows game times and i prob will too. not set on these just yet.

But good luck to all 3-aaa teams, i'd like to see the sweep.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut v. Oak Ridge--Farragut comes out on top here, just like they did at home in the regular season. Huckins will be ready for this game, since he opened his mouth to soon to the Knox News Sentinal. He'll have a stand out game, as well as Ben Bosse. And a double-digit performance by Ben Wilson, if I was guessing. Farragut may go out, but it won't be against some scraggly wildcats in the First Round.

Bearden v. Clinton--I'm going to say Bearden here, just because the fact Randy Sibley can stroke it from 87' with ease. If Dickenson is on, too, like he almost always is, then I'd say they will take this easily. Tony White and BJ Ware could also add some points from behind the arch, as well as Tony driving the lane. This game could also go the complete opposite way, if White ball hogs (like I've witnesses before), Sibley isn't shooting well, and BJ Ware doesn't play to his potential, then they will probably get beat by 10 or so. I see it to be close though.

Murrvulle v. Halls--Maryville wins by a fairly big margin here, unless Halls somehow brings their A+ game and Cam Sharp plays like a machine. I mean Murrvulle is pretty darn good I just don't think Halls can handle them, but then again, you never know. So ultimately, I go with Murrville.

Powell v. Heritage--Powell could win here, if the UT commit-Lee Smith-plays like a pro. If he shoots that turn around J from 10 feet, then they will win, because that shot is money. Heritage could win with a good performance Keith Bauer. He's not that bad, he would probably be their only hope if they want to put points on the board. This is the only game, I'm not sure about. It should be a good one, but not as good as Farragut v. Oak Ridge or Bearden v. Clinton.

Edited by tonymontana

I still have not heard anything about Dixon. His status is critical for the Dragons. But don't forget where these games are being played. Clinton at home will be a tall order for Bearden.

tony, I just don't see Farragut matching up with Oak Ridge. Maybe I'm wrong, but they will need to play like you suggested in your post. The problem is that Wilson won't do much with Domsic, and Oak Ridge is strong down low. A key for Farragut would be getting Domsic and/or Mulholland in foul trouble. If they do that, Farragut could make it a game.

Edited by mocs30

bearden/clinton will be a good one especially since the game is at clinton.you know clinton will get some calls from the refs.i think this one comes down to who controls the boards.neither team has a dominant post they both rely on thier guard play.whoever has the edge on the glass will win this one.if dixon plays this will be the best game of the 1st round...dye, whitt, and dixon vs. dickenson,white, and sibley.if dixon doesnt play clinton could have a hard time pulling this one out.bearden by 8+

farragut/oak ridge will also be a good game.muholland and white vs. bosse and huckins.oak ridge has better guard play will domsic and younkin so i see oak ridge winning by 10+

powell/heritage looks a little like it could be a lop sided game unless powell goes into the game with the big head after their impressive district championship.lee smith and ben ward will dominate the paint and go for 20 apeice.powell by 15+

halls/maryville could be a really good game or a not so good game.if halls has 2 or 3 people step up and have a good game besides cameron sharpe it will be close.if not this could get ugly but i expect halls to come out ready to play.maryville has a tough physical team and halls will have to be ready to play and bring their A game if they want to pull this one out.maryville by 10+

Here are my predictions for the first round games. I have been dwelling on these for awhile this weekend. I think that every game should be pretty close. There could be some classics in the first round. The teams that overcome the early jitters the quickest will be in good shape. This will be the first time that some of these teams have faced a "win or done" game this year. It affects different teams in different ways.

Bearden vs. Clinton -- I am very curious as to the status of Dixon, whose ankle injury appeared to be fairly serious the other night. If he plays and plays well, I think that Clinton should win. Without him, things will be tougher. In my opinion, Clinton probably should have won the other night and they had Oak Ridge on the ropes for awhile. It seems like Clinton cannot sustain their momentum sometimes because they start taking "happy" shots. Whitt is especially guilty of this. No one can question his talent, but his judgment sometimes is not the best. If Clinton will be physical and go inside against Bearden, they should have success. Bearden's strength lies in their perimeter game. Having watched them play twice this year, I can state for a fact that you have to know where Dickenson and Sibley are at all times. Also, those two are a threat to shoot the second that the they cross half court. They can both shoot the ball from 26-27 feet. Bearden is very well coached and very disciplined. They will not give Clinton the game. Marc, if you don't get a chance to look at tape of those guys, you should know that Dickenson and Sibley cut harder in their half court sets than any two guards in the area. Their effort is outstanding. Tony White is also a very fine player and watching him go at it with a healthy Dixon would be great. If Clinton does its job on the glass and limits their turnovers, I look for them to pull the "upset" over the top-seeded Bulldogs. Bearden will lose sooner or later to a team that takes advantage of interior size matchups. Clinton by 8, but only 2 if Dixon is out completely.

Halls vs. Maryville -- This game to me, will probably be the most competitive game. I think that the winner of this one will advance to the Championship game.  Maryville has a TON of wins this year. They appear to play very smart fundamental basketball. Brewer has blossomed into quite a talent. They do not have great size, but they are a strong team. Halls took a big step in the district tournament. If Halls is still sulking about Friday night, they will lose. I don't think that will happen. Look for Sharpe, Borum and Lucas to play well. Halls' interior guys better be ready to rumble. May, Cantrell, Varner and Buchanan all need to hit the glass harder than they did against Powell. Halls by 3.

Oak Ridge vs Farragut -- This will be another good one. From a match up standpoint, this could be the most even game. Bosse and Huckens vs. Mulholland will be fun to watch. I give the back court advantage to Oak Ridge because Domsic is starting to play really well. He was no where to be found in the Halls game, and then he is hitting daggers in the Clinton game. He should continue to be assertive. It is like he is so busy trying to demonstrate his ability to be a great point guard, that he forgets that his team actually needs him to score. Younkin is in a slump, but I expect that to end tomorrow. I think Oak Ridge has one too many horses for Farragut. Oak Ridge by 10.

Powell vs. Heritage -- I know that Heritage has had some quality wins this year, but, I have yet to see them on a night when they played well. If they want to beat Powell, they will probably need a great game from Snoderly and Bruce. Powell's guards have improved since the last time, and I doubt that Heritage can expect a bunch of turnovers from Powell. I expect Heritage to play zone and pack it in. If they do that, Powell will need Hargis, Addis and Connor to make outside shots. Even if they do pack it in, I still say that Smith and Ward get 15 a piece if they play with intensity. Powell by 15.

825589713[/snapback]

I haven't seen any of the other region play, so I don't feel comfortable making predictions. However, I do trust that mocs made some good predictions because he's been doing it all year it seems. If all these teams were to win like mocs thinks they will, I look for Halls to beat Clinton because I don't think the player who got hurt(Dixon?) will be able to return and even if he does, there's no way he's 100%. Also, Halls has played Clinton tough all year and are just flat out due for the win. So far, OR had beaten halls twice, lost the third and Powell had lost to halls twice and won the 3rd. As for Powell and OR, I have to give the upper hand to Powell. They played extremely well the other night against Halls and I look for them to continue that toughness. So, that sets up game #4 between Halls and Powell. My prediction will continue to be a Halls victory every time these two meet. I didn't understand why Halls ran so much man to man defense in that championship game the other night when they were so effective in the 1-3-1 matchup or whatever it was they ran in the game at Halls. Also their shots were a bit off and they just had a cold night shooting the ball it seemed. Cody didn't have a good night in the post, but you can pretty much guarantee that wouldn't be the case again. Overall, all these games will be real intense and the adrenaline will flow through everyone at the games like crazy. Good luck to all but especially those Red Devils.

Also, 2/5 from the 3 land isn't too shabby PT. College coaches would love 40% from their players from 3 land. Just keep throwing them up and hitting them like you can, especially on that familiar court thumb

And Willy, throw it up man, you got a nice shot. Find that rythm big man.

Edited by jamesd

Anyone that knows Clinton basketball knows that Clinton seldom gets a break from the refs; especially at home. No matter, the refs for a region 2 tournament come from region 1 and vice versa to guarantee no bias as dictated by TSSAA. I guess since karns never gets there, you didn't know that.

Ya the refs for our region tournament will be from the Bristol area.

please mocs. the only light weight is you and how far you hit the golf ball. step up with the big boys on the tee next time. and the funny thing is that we both played horrible the last time we played and i think i still won. what are we? 2-2 or 1-1? yours was a fluke but we wont talk much about it lol. thumb

anytime you wanna shoot it out i am game my friend we dont have to have an audience so we can save face for you. lol ;)

i c ya