Region 2 Tournament AAA

DCCATVOICE

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'm a Maryville fan. So, I've pretty much only seen teams play against Maryville... but I think that I've seen everyone in this bracket play at some point this year.

Maryville has beaten pretty much everyone on this bracket:

Bearden twice

Farragut twice

Heritage twice

Oak Ridge once

Powell once

They only dropped four games all year, and yet I'm hearing all these predictions of them losing first round. Doesn't anyone think that Halls really got a raw deal by pulling a game against Maryville as a three seed when the Rebels had such a great season and one down game (knowing readily how hard it is to beat a team three times in one season anyway and that losing to Farragut is nothing to be ashamed of)?

I agree with you on halls getting probably the toughest matchup for a no.2 seed. i was suprised to learn that Maryville i think only lost 1 game in the district regular season. Correct me if i am wrong about that one. i have thought about the first round games and here are my final predictions for the first round.

Game 1- Clinton - i dont think that bearden can guard clinton one-on-one. and if they zone, well, everyone will get to see whitt light it up from deep. but this one should be a great game and especially a great way to start off the region tourney.

Game 2- Maryville - I think they have been over looked too much and want to prove something, and they have beat bearden twice which is a tough thing to do. Halls has a good chacne though. Sharpe can make this really interesting.

Game 3- OR- Domsic has a great game and Mulholland(spelling?) does well with bosse and white handles Huckins. OR has too many weapons. Watch out for #3 for OR he looks like he can be something special. Any1 know what year he is?

Game 4- Powell- Panthers way way way too much for Heritage. By 15+.

There you go Mocs. We will see who the Swami is this week. lol thumb

Halls didn't get a raw deal with Maryville because Halls lost a lot of games in the district and finished 5th in the regular season. They are playing well right now though, and will give the Rebels a great game. Maryville is a team that has overachieved all year. As Mocs said, they haven't lost a close one yet. This is probably the best job Coach Nelson has done considering the talent he has this season. Stopping Trey Brewer is the key as well as Cameron Sharp for the Devils......Maryville by 3

Dixon looked pretty healthy yesterday, but will he be able to keep Tony White out of the paint with his drives freeing all the Bulldog shooters. That's quite a challenge for even a healthy Dixon. Whitt can't get caught up in a threepoint contest or he could shoot them right out of the game......Remember Bearden tooled Powell less than two weeks ago......Pick em'....best game of the night....

Powell should be able to handle Heritage unless they let Bruce get hot. He is the one player on the court who could really cause some problems...Bauer is a solid inside presence and Snodderly is better than he looks at times.....Could be a blow out.....but Powell by 9

Oak Ridge and Farragut are two of the least inconsistent teams this season. Both had big hopes only to find themselves limited at the guard positions....Huckins and Dowdell/White could be the key matchup.....OR by 3....

Maryville, Halls, etc. There are a great number of teams that have gotten bad matchups in the region, but that is what happens when a state has a different tournament format.

Don't like the format? Campaign for change to something more traditional. People only remember the matchup when it affects their own school; but it has happened to many schools over the years.

The problem is the format - allowing teams that have lost to advance is questionable at best.

Can some1 tell me who #3 is on OR? and his Yr.?

825593953[/snapback]

#3 from Oak Ridge is Dowdell and he is just a freshmen. Just wait by his senior year he is going to be a force to reckon with. He already has great talent he just hasn't grown into his body yet. Even his sophomore and junior year he will be a force. If he keeps growing no telling how good he can be.

congrats to clinton on the big win tonight.i listened to the end of regulation and all of overtime and it sounded to be a heck of a game.i also listened to most of the halls/maryville game and it sounded to me like maryville dominated this game from get go.does anyone have any details on how the game played out.how many points did cameron sharp have?trey brewer?

Brewer had a nice game, dont know how many he had, put post play from Maryville was key. Guards came out shooting from the get go as Maryville got up 15-3 at one point in the beginning. Great ball movement led to easy layups most of the game. Danny Saxe went down with an injury to his forearm on the first play of the game, don't know the severity, but Maryville needs him back as soon as possible. A lot of people continue to pick against Maryville, but they continue to roll. If the guards are hot and the post play continues to be strong I think this region could definatly be Maryville's.

Should be a tough game between Clinton and Maryville tomorrow or Thurs. or whenever they play. The Clinton-Bearden game was a great one. Clinton battled a 17 point deficit and the refs most of the 2nd half and came up w/ a huge defensive stop at the end of regulation and Dye took over in overtime. Isn't #10 for Bearden B.J. Ware and why was he not playing and when the game was on the line why did Beardens coach put on his jersey?