Region 2 Tournament AAA

DCCATVOICE

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clinton showed great heart coming back. Dye was so good tonight.

I am one who was guilty of underrating Maryville. They played an awesome game tonight and did not even give Halls a chance. Halls played with no fire tonight and it cost them. They looked like a different team than the one I watched in the District Tournament. I like how most of Maryville's players look like they know where the weight room is at. Maryville is for real.

Oak Ridge/Farragut was amazing. Farragut missed a free throw with 5 seconds left that would have iced it. Grant Domsic banked a running three pointer at the buzzer from about 30 feet to send the game to overtime. It was a lucky shot, but the way he played in overtime was not luck at all. He is such a good player. He's not a great athlete, but he has ice water in his veins. He is simply not afraid to take and make the big shot. He did it at Powell earlier this year. Neither team deserved to lose. I feel bad for Bosse, Wilson and Huckins.

Powell and Heritage was not close. I kind of wish that Powell had been pushed a little, but the guys took care of business. Hats off to Lee Smith for a great facial dunk and one. Ben Ward was good also. Great win for Powell. It was Powell's first regional tournament win since 1994. Congrats guys.

I want to think about these great semi-final matchups and get some sleep.

Good summaries Mocs. Some more on the OR/Far game: Farragut posts players were hitting consistantly in the first half, not as well in the second half, and their guard shooting was not very good the whole game. They hit their frees much better than OR. OR had some careless turnovers, but took care of it when they had to. Grant's bank shot at the buzzer in the end of regulation was unbelievable. It was a coach gutsy call leaving their 2 freshman in at the end of the game, but that won the game when point guard Stephens got fouled.

Maryville vs. Halls

Go Red Rebels! Even without our number two guy we dominated. I told you all yesterday that Halls got a raw deal by drawing Maryville as a three seed when they were clearly the dominant force in their district for the whole season. Halls was simply outmatched, although I'm sure they did not play their best game. The Rebels put it away early and snatched away all hope. I missed the Powell performance but I think that Maryville clearly looked the best of any of the teams I saw yesterday. Hope Saxe will be back to provide some much needed size against Clinton on Thursday.

Farragut vs. Oak Ridge

I left with 5 seconds remaining in regulation...needless to say that I'm pretty frustrated with myself right now. As a Maryville fan, I have to say that I was pulling for Farragut in hopes of another match with the admirals. But as a fan of the game, I've got to say a huge congratulations to the Wildcats for the way they fought back into that game and eventually took it...sorry that I missed it.

Now that I've seen all of the remaining teams play in the region I am going to have to choose Maryville to win it because of the way they handed it to us last night. They are a dominate team and whoever #44 is just a true player. My prediction is a Oak Ridge vs. Maryville match up with Maryville taking it if they play the way they did last night. (At the beginning of second half they had only missed 3 shots)

Maryville did look very good last night, however I have seen the same Rebels team lose to Heritage on their own home floor and escape some very close games with Farragut, Powell, and even Sevier County. I agree that Maryville should be favored to win the region but "dominant" is not a word that I would use for this Rebel team. I think "survivor" is the term that describes this team best. Nelson has done a great job with this team and if it is a close game he always seems to push the right buttons for a win. The rest of this tournament is up for grabs with no team being better han the others. Good luck to the remaining teams.

Now that I've seen all of the remaining teams play in the region I am going to have to choose Maryville to win it because of the way they handed it to us last night.  They are a dominate team and whoever #44 is just a true player.  My prediction is a Oak Ridge vs. Maryville match up with Maryville taking it if they play the way they did last night. (At the beginning of second half they had only missed 3 shots)

825595967[/snapback]

Seems to me that all the teams in District 3 all performed well but Halls. Halls made Maryville look good alot of the times. Lack of defense no heart or desire. After the first 4 min Halls gave up. So to you,(JBrock3320) they are the best team because. you guys gave up on each other