Region 1 AA

coaches_corner

I don't know about the other games on Monday, but the refs pretty much let the girls play in the PF/Volunteer game. I was amazed that both teams did not receive their 2nd foul until the 2nd quarter. PF only had 2 players (I think) that went to the free-throw line. Neither team was overly aggressive though. I thought our girls did not play very well on defense in that game...not as well as they usually do. The second crew of officials did seem to call a slightly tighter game though.

Best of luck to all teams today! We're all out of school down this way :(

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unicoi is looking good but Elizabethton is looking as good as they have all year. A close called game might not help Unicoi or Betsy. They both play aggressive defense and both will suffer. Redd could get in trouble out front while Petrowski (?) might suffer inside. Both are "hands on". Weaver and especially Sparks could be in trouble with a tight called game. Gonna be a good show. The winner will face off with PF.

GO CYCLONES!!!

825595549[/snapback]

I am just hoping PF gets a win tonight, then we can worry about Unicoi or Elizabethton. I don't take any game for granted. Bad shooting, not playing defense, or anything could cost you a win at this level. I thought CC play very slow and not aggressive the other night, but blieve me they are tuff on pressing the ball causing turnovers, we will have to be ready to play.

I am just hoping PF gets a win tonight, then we can worry about Unicoi or Elizabethton. I don't take any game for granted. Bad shooting, not playing defense, or anything could cost you a win at this level. I thought CC play very slow and not aggressive the other night, but blieve me they are tuff on pressing the ball causing turnovers, we will have to be ready to play.

825595916[/snapback]

You're right on the money JG. Every game is a new 1-game season.

I'm sorry that Pigeon Forge and Claiborne have to beat each other out for one to advance, but that's probably as it should be. One team from each district will advance to Sectionals, with the Region Champs at home.

Don't forget my Tiger hat! We will have to let the Lady Tigers and Lady Bulldogs decide whether I wear it on Thursday, or put it away until next season.

Good luck, and good officiating to all 4 teams. You are all proven winners.

Good Luck Lady Tigers, I know you are playing by now but I am a little late getting on here today. I hope to check it when I get home from the CN game and make sure you won. I am like the other person that said I hate to see one of these two teams go home but have to pull for PF. They remind me a lot of the team that graduated Seymour last year. Girls that have been together for a long time and just have the right chemistry with each other. Good Luck all the way, Brooke and I are wanting to make a trip to the Boro to watch you play.

Janalee,

I saw where Brooke received Co-Player AND Freshman of the year in SAC! Tell her PF said "Congratulations!"

Coaches_Corner,

Can you believe the officiating in the first two games tonight? I was just bragging about how good the officiating had been in this tournament and then tonight we had the worst 3 I've seen all year! I thought it was bad in our game, but the boys game was even worse. I heard there was a TSSAA big man there...I don't see how they can let these 3 continue in a Regional tournament. It was so bad during the boy's game, that both team's fans were screaming at the refs. Personally, I think South Greene had it worse though.

I am a Seymour fan. No, my other daughter did not change schools but she is not involved in sports. I pull for our county teams to do well and PF has the most talent in the county this year. Not to put Seymour down, they are just young. Give them another year of playing without the main players they lost last year. All 6 of them. And thanks about Brooke but I really didn't think she had any friends in OS!!