Brentwood Academy vs MUS

timbdp

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your ignorance is unparalleled.

Did your team play the #25 team in the nation?  We did.  And we almost won.

Did your team play the #5 team in Indiana?  We did.  And we kept it close.

Did your team play the #2 team in Kentucky?  We did.  And we almost won.

Did your team play the #4 team in Middle Tennessee?  We did.  And we won.  Twice.

Did your team play the #2 team in 2A?  We did.  And we won.  Easily.

Did your team play one of the top teams in East Tennessee?  We did.  And we won.  In a blowout.

You put us in this league.  We're doing everything we can to play "real teams" anyway.

825597119[/snapback]

yea that was an incredibly stupid thing to say..........blowout-yea, our only one suffered all year- we played our worst game of the season...we didnt perform with all the anticipation of brandon wright coming into town, i think we were just nervous or something...so much hype being put on this game with coach pitts coming back...but we are real, and we got waxed by brentwood...they are a quality squad even if they are DII so pretty much patriotfan05 is a complete idiot...

have you seen brentwood play patriot?? im assuming not, cause they could perform with the top teams in AAA in the state- bottom line is: anyone that can beat Science Hill by 20+ points this year is a quality squad,

(Make your point but without calling people names, please. Thanks!)

Edited by FHSrebel27

Your ignorance is unparalleled.

Did your team play the #25 team in the nation?  We did.  And we almost won.

Did your team play the #5 team in Indiana?  We did.  And we kept it close.

Did your team play the #2 team in Kentucky?  We did.  And we almost won.

Did your team play the #4 team in Middle Tennessee?  We did.  And we won.  Twice.

Did your team play the #2 team in 2A?  We did.  And we won.  Easily.

Did your team play one of the top teams in East Tennessee?  We did.  And we won.  In a blowout.

You put us in this league.  We're doing everything we can to play "real teams" anyway.

825597119[/snapback]

mine did....and so did plenty of other teams in west tn. i would love to see them against Northside, Bolivar, Fairley, Mitchell, Raleigh-Egypt, or Ridgeway. I think a matchup with any of those teams would prove that they aint head and shoulders above the rest like most think. Even the Giles County faithful will admit that they arent near as good as any of these teams and it was all BA could do to get by Giles County.

im sure they are good and would hold their own but yall have nothing to back up saying that they are the best in the state because they havent played against the best the state has to offer. and playin close with Mater Dai isnt that big of a deal...let me remind you Ridgeway has beat 2 teams currently ranked in the top 25 and played close with a couple of others and Fairley has beaten a top 25 team as well. Bolivar played a couple of single digit games with a Poplar Bluff team that was ranked top 10 at the time. Mitchell held their own against Jackson Lanier and the best player in the country Monta Ellis.

mine did....and so did plenty of other teams in west tn. i would love to see them against Northside, Bolivar, Fairley, Mitchell, Raleigh-Egypt, or Ridgeway. I think a matchup with any of those teams would prove that they aint head and shoulders above the rest like most think. Even the Giles County faithful will admit that they arent near as good as any of these teams and it was all BA could do to get by Giles County.

im sure they are good and would hold their own but yall have nothing to back up saying that they are the best in the state because they havent played against the best the state has to offer. and playin close with Mater Dai isnt that big of a deal...let me remind you Ridgeway has beat 2 teams currently ranked in the top 25 and played close with a couple of others and Fairley has beaten a top 25 team as well. Bolivar played a couple of single digit games with a Poplar Bluff team that was ranked top 10 at the time. Mitchell held their own against Jackson Lanier and the best player in the country Monta Ellis.

825601721[/snapback]

I never said BA was the best team in the state. No BA fans have ever made that claim on this website. I was comparing our schedule to Briarcrest's.

I never said BA was the best team in the state.  No BA fans have ever made that claim on this website.  I was comparing our schedule to Briarcrest's.

825601790[/snapback]

maybe not you but some have....if you dig deep there is a topic about them being the best in the state burried somewhere on coacht.

to follow up whoever made the comment earlier....i think they should get out of D2 as well cause as long as bwright is there you can go ahead and give them the state championship trophy for this year and next. it sure would make state tournament alot more exciting if you threw BA into the mix with either the AA or AAA teams.

Edited by btowntigers

maybe not you but some have....if you dig deep there is a topic about them being the best in the state burried somewhere on coacht.

to follow up whoever made the comment earlier....i think they should get out of D2 as well cause as long as bwright is there you can go ahead and give them the state championship trophy for this year and next. it sure would make state tournament alot more exciting if you threw BA into the mix with either the AA or AAA teams.

825601797[/snapback]

You need to lobby the TSSAA to eliminate DII. Trust me, BA would not disagree.

BTW, I too have never seen one of the "steady" BA posters on CoachT say BA was the best in the state. I personally think they are top 5 or 6, but certainly not by any stretch a clear number 1. I think the thread you may be remembering is one about BA being the top team in the Midstate, which I think they probably are.

825601797[/snapback]

Find the post and paste the text. You've been blowing this horn for a

while now. No one has made the claim that BA is the best team in state.

You and I have had this discussion before and I made it clear that I think

BA is in the top 5 but no one will know for sure until they play.

By the way, Mater Dei is now number 18 in the nation. My personal belief

is that the best basketball is played in West Tennessee but that does not mean

that some teams out of the East and Middle aren't able to compete with Memphis.

Edited by jek

Find the post and paste the text.  You've been blowing this horn for a

while now.  No one has made the claim that BA is the best team in state.

You and I have had this discussion before and I made it clear that I think

BA is in the top 5 but no one will know for sure until they play.

By the way, Mater Dei is now number 18 in the nation.  My personal belief

is that the best basketball is played in West Tennessee but that does not mean

that some teams out of the East and Middle aren't able to compete with Memphis.

825602106[/snapback]

im not lookin for the thread but i know its on here, it was a poll that said "is BA the best team in the state?" and the votes were about half and half...if you dont believe me and wanna see it for yourself just type it in the search bar at the bottom. you must have me confused with someone else cause i havent been bringing this subject up. this and the thread im talking about are the only 2 ive ever replied in that involved BA and i have nothing against them. if you read my last post you will see that i said BA would hold their own against the teams out here. i wish they would schedule some games out here next year cause ive never seen Wright play before but obviously he's awesome...if they can go all the way to cali they can schedule one trip out here.

im not lookin for the thread but i know its on here, it was a poll that said "is BA  the best team in the state?" and the votes were about half and half...if you dont believe me and wanna see it for yourself just type it in the search bar at the bottom. you must have me confused with someone else cause i havent been bringing this subject up. this and the thread im talking about are the only 2 ive ever replied in that involved BA and i have nothing against them. if you read my last post you will see that i said BA would hold their own against the teams out here. i wish they would schedule some games out here next year cause ive never seen Wright play before but obviously he's awesome...if they can go all the way to cali they can schedule one trip out here.

825602140[/snapback]

I believe they will be playing a couple of the top Memphis teams next season. looking forward to some great matchups.

im not lookin for the thread but i know its on here, it was a poll that said "is BA  the best team in the state?" and the votes were about half and half...if you dont believe me and wanna see it for yourself just type it in the search bar at the bottom. you must have me confused with someone else cause i havent been bringing this subject up. this and the thread im talking about are the only 2 ive ever replied in that involved BA and i have nothing against them. if you read my last post you will see that i said BA would hold their own against the teams out here. i wish they would schedule some games out here next year cause ive never seen Wright play before but obviously he's awesome...if they can go all the way to cali they can schedule one trip out here.

825602140[/snapback]

Hey! Here is an idea that will make you look like less of an idiot btown. Go to trouble of findling the the thread that claims that BA is the best in the state and rebut it there. When you rebut it here, it just makes you look jealous and yes - stupid. Just trying to help you out btown.