Rockwood over Midway by one?

PTSportsWriter

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rockwood played 1 of there worst games of the year lastnight and midway was getting all the calls they would shoot the ball and fall down and the refs would call a foul I can think of 3 times were midway just fell down and they called a foul, everything went right for midway except the last 1.5 seconds of the game and coach k almost pasted out durning a tiger timeout has anyone heird anything about him. but the tigers will be ready for cosby on thursday, it will be a good game

Devil97 that's right your team did lose didn't they now who's the better team harriman just didn't have it when it came down to it now did they.but I'll answer your question the play at the end of the fourth quarter midway got the ball and they didn't start the clock til after the ball had left spencer myers hand so the refs just returned the favor

Devil97 that's right your team did lose didn't they now who's the better team harriman just didn't have it when it came down to it now did they.but I'll answer your question the play at the end of the fourth quarter midway got the ball and they didn't start the clock til after the ball had left spencer myers hand so the refs just returned the favor

825596136[/snapback]

I meant for some one with half a brain to post and explain the situation to me. I have heard this from more than one person and one happens to a Rockwood parent. I am not starting a petition to the TSSAA, I just wanted to know what happened because I left before the game started. I could not stand to be in that rat hole that they call a gym any longer. People don't give Midway the credit they deserve, they have a good team.

Why is it when a team doesn't play as well as they can, that it is always"we played our worst game of the year"???? Maybe the reason you didn't play good is because the other team on the court took you out of your game. It happens. Yea, Rockwood didn't play to their full capability. Midway must have missed 8 free throws in the 4th, or else this game is won in regulation. How many flops did Rockwood take on "charges". What about Coach K interfering(purely an accident) with a sideline pass? It's just the nature of the game. Breaks go both ways. Rockwood should have won the game by 20 points, but lil' ol' Midway took the fight to them and almost advanced. One thing is certain, if Rockwood players have that type of attitude going into the Cosby game.......the Eagles will soar.

Here's the last 1.5 seconds in a nutshell. Inbounds pass to Coaker in the corner past the three-point line. He quickly turns toward the post while taking a dribble or two (I thought one but others said two), he then fires a past two Harvest who catches, turns and shoots a lay-up in one motion. All of Coaker's action was in one motion as was Harvest's and it was quick, but a catch, dribble, 15 to 20-foot pass and shot in 1.5 seconds is a lot to happen.

I don't think you'll ever convince anyone from Midway that it could happen in 1.5 seconds and I think the Rockwood fans just consider themselves lucky to be still alive.

In all seriousness though, I'm sure the clock keeper was instructed to wait on the refs signal in that situation and I'm sure the ref waited until he knew for sure Coaker touched the ball. That could've given the Tigers an extra 1-2 tenths. Then there was probably a bit of a natural pause from the time the refs hand went down until the time the clock keeper hit the button and started the clock. Those pauses, unintentional but they probably happened, probably gave Rockwood closer to two seconds.