Elizabethton vs Pigeon Forge

coaches_corner

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a matchup between what I feel is the best two teams in East Tennessee. I don't know enough about them to make a guess, but it's good when the best two teams can avoid an upset and play for the title.

Good luck to both teams.

825598327[/snapback]

I agree totally, I think both teams have done an outstanding job this year. One think we have to remember is that Betzy spank the Tigers last year and I think almost all players are the same, so this will be an interesting game. Will it be close or will it be a blow out? I just hope they have good officials and let the teams play their games and determine the outcome, but then again I could win the lottery too! :rolleyes:

Good Luck Tigers!

Congratulations to Coach Conchita Johnson and the Pigeon Forge Lady Tigers for reaching a pinnacle! 30 WINS!

I know that the young ladies, and the fans from both Pigeon Forge and Elizabethton will make us proud as they not only represent themselves, but all of us in Region 1, as they advance to the state tournament.

Good Luck! Go show the state that we have class, spirit, and talent in upper East Tennessee!

The Cyclones are not the same team as last year. We lost four seniors, three of whom were starters. This years team has more offensive weapons I think and has really jelled in the last month. Since the win against Greeneville, the team has played like they were on a mission. I do not expect a blow-out game tonight at all. Too much talent and heart on both sides for that to happen. I do think a low scoring game is in order. Winner gets Oliver Springs/Austin East loser at home; Loser goes on the road to AE/OS. Neither team will be getting a bargain!

The Cyclones are not the same team as last year.  We lost four seniors, three of whom were starters.  This years team has more offensive weapons I think and has really jelled in the last month.  Since the win against Greeneville, the team has played like they were on a mission.  I do not expect a blow-out game tonight at all.  Too much talent and heart on both sides for that to happen.  I do think a low scoring game is in order.  Winner gets Oliver Springs/Austin East loser at home;  Loser goes on the road to AE/OS.  Neither team will be getting a bargain!

825598688[/snapback]

Very true, no bargains heading in either direction. I don't think predicting a winner in this game is possible. Both are fantastic teams and it could go either way. Gonna be a good one but watch out for the scalpers out front selling tickets for $50 plus :rolleyes:

GO CYCLONES!!!

thumb Congratulations again to the Lady Tigers from your little man! We will be there cheering you on as usual! GO HARD and bring home another banner!.

Also congrats to the Unicoi boys team on a great win last night. I'll be there cheering ya on for the title tonight!!

Can't wait to see this war. Both teams should match up well with each other. You're right Glee don't think you could predict a winner in this one. But no matter who wins both teams will represent this region well. Better get there early because it should be a packed house tonight. Good luck ladies and Go Cyclones!

Pigeon Forge is a veteran team with a grudge to settle from last years regional.  The two teams match up well with Ramsey and Dodgen for PF on the inside vs Baughman and Pietrowski for the cyclones; and newman and garrison at guard for the Tigers and Crapps and Redd for the clones;  that leaves Rayfield vs Hopson at the "swing" spot;  No real advantage except for Baughman, and I think she carries the mail in this one............GOOOOOOOOOOO Lady Cyclones. thumb

825598244[/snapback]

I don't think they can handle Pigeon Forge's three post players, they work really well together.

I am glad that both these teams made it to the finals. They are both very deserving of it (undefeated in their district.) There could have been an upset this week, but the better team prevailed in both brackets. I think all of us in Region 1 would like to see these teams go to the 'Boro next week. They don't even consider us a threat out west. :lol:

By the way, I know OS's gym is not big enough to host a sub-state, what about AE? Where would OS host the game? If PF wins, we can't even host the sub-state at home because our gym is too small. What a shame! :lol:

Im not sure where OS will play their substate game if they win tonight. Maybe at Anderson County or Oak Ridge. Austin East will host at their gym. The Lady Cyclones played them there two years ago. Where will PF host if they win tonight?

As you know, EHS has a AAA size gym and would be glad to host the game saturday!!! Well, there's the little matter of the game tonight to settle that I suppose!

Im not sure where OS will play their substate game if they win tonight.  Maybe at Anderson County or Oak Ridge.  Austin East will host at their gym.  The Lady Cyclones played them there two years ago.  Where will PF host if they win tonight?

As you know, EHS has a AAA size gym and would be glad to host the game saturday!!!  Well, there's the little matter of the game tonight to settle that I suppose!

825599176[/snapback]

Yes, we will have to wait several more hours before we make any plans for Saturday. This two-hour drive is getting tiresome...I hope our girls win and we can at least play somewhere within the our own area code! :lol: I suppose some possibilities would include Sevier County High or Seymour High.